Nearest border crossing to Pathum Thani

Just wondering what is the nearest border crossing to Rangsit, Pathum Thani. I've done Cambodia twice but I was living Koh Chang then so don;t think this would be my first option from where I am now. I'm on a multiple entry tourist visa & this will be my last entry before I get retirement based visa next August.

Thanks in advance.

PD

Nam Ron, Kanchanaburi.

Read up on it. Opened last year. Expect some nice extortion. I read that it was first 500b, then 700b, then 900b. Haven't read about the latest extortion increase.

Better to drive yourself as I don't believe there is a bus service from BKK direct to there. Bus from Kan to there probably isn't advisable.

• Like 1

Have no clue about your question but am interested to know where a Multiple Entry Tourist Visa was obtained .

I got it in Ireland last September....€120 if memory serves me correctly.

Thanks for quick replies.....

The nearest crossing is Aranyaprathet.

Bus from Mo Chit or in your case from Future Park Rangsit.

Enjoy.

Was until about 6 months ago.

If you don't have your own transport then it is probably easier to do it yourself to Aranyaprathet. Get a Cambodian E-Visa online and bus it down there.

If you have a car or motorbike then Nam Ron in Kanchanaburi will be much closer and easier. :)

• Like 1

Have no clue about your question but am interested to know where a Multiple Entry Tourist Visa was obtained .

A multiple entry tourist visa from Ireland ?

Did it allow 1, 2 or three entries ? Or Multiple entries as in as many as is wanted ?

Maybe the Irish are different !

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A multiple entry tourist visa from Ireland ?

Did it allow 1, 2 or three entries ? Or Multiple entries as in as many as is wanted ?

Maybe the Irish are different !

Yes it is a Triple Entry Tourist Visa...

Just so people know, the triple entry doesn't add any time compared to the double entry. It still has a 6 month 'Enter by' date, the same as a double entry. It will allow you to leave the country and enter again an extra time if you are traveling, but other than that it offers no advantage, both have the duration length.

Just so people know, the triple entry doesn't add any time compared to the double entry. It still has a 6 month 'Enter by' date, the same as a double entry. It will allow you to leave the country and enter again an extra time if you are traveling, but other than that it offers no advantage, both have the duration length.

Som Wat,

when you say "no extra time" and "enter by date", do I have to use my 3 entries by a certain date?

I entered back in November 2013, got 30 day extension in January 2014.

Did my border run in Feb 2014 to validate part 2 of my visa & then got 30 day extension in April 2014.

I am now about to do another border run to validate part 3 of my visa......am I still ok time wise from date of issue of the multiple entry tourist visa October 8th 2013.

I notice a date on the visa which says Entry Before 7th April 2014 but does that mean 1st entry or the whole visa has to be used up by then?

Confused but hopeful

PD

If you make the third trip to Thailand just before the 6 month, you get much longer time in Thailand with a triple visa.

Som Wat,

when you say "no extra time" and "enter by date", do I have to use my 3 entries by a certain date?

Did my border run in Feb 2014 to validate part 2 of my visa & then got 30 day extension in April 2014.

I am now about to do another border run to validate part 3 of my visa......am I still ok time wise from date of issue of the multiple entry tourist visa October 8th 2013.

I notice a date on the visa which says Entry Before 7th April 2014 but does that mean 1st entry or the whole visa has to be used up by then?

Confused but hopeful

PD

The visa is valid for 6 months. You can see the date in your passport. And you must enter Thailand (3 times) before it expire.

Som Wat,

Confused but hopeful

PD

The visa is valid for 6 months. You can see the date in your passport. And you must enter Thailand (3 times) before it expire.

So as that clearly says ENTRY BEFORE APRIL 7th 2014, it means the 3rd part of my triple entry visa is worthless, correct?

What do I get so, 15 day entry?

So many different opinions here, I was told back in August to get a triple entry visa & get you 3 x 30 day extensions and you can have 9 months here hassle free (more or less).

Yes the 3rd trip is worthless for you. You should have done the thirs trip a day before it expired. Then the give you another 60 days. You could have got 90 days if you did like that. And nearly 9 months all together

You get 15 or 30 days depending on what country you are from.

Edited by bangkoklasse
  • Like 1

The enter before date is for using all the entries of a tourist via with more than one entry not just the first one.

If you are from Ireland you will only get a 15 day entry.

Only those from the G7 countries get a 30 day entry unless a person is from a country that has a bilateral agreement with Thailand.

• Like 1

Quite Simply, the easiest border run in Thailand is to Ban Phu Nam Ron which is around 65Ks passed Kanchanaburi. Take a bus to Kanchanaburi and then a van to the border crossing. Once there you will stamp out of Thailand , and then at a small table, you will fill out a new arrival/departure slip and hand over your passport which they will photocopy. Also you will pay a fee of 900bahts which covers your visa stamp in Myanmar (500baht) and the mini-bus to take you to Myanmar and back.(400baht). There is no other way to travel between border crossings as it is illegal to take a Thai vehicle into Myanmar and visa-versa.. You would not want to walk. Also the entry and exit stamps are small and take up little space in your passport... All in all,a well organised border crossing with no problems,no touts, takes about 30mins from leaving Thailand.

There is a good coffee shop there and a small clean Thai restaurant . Very polite immigration peoples...

I believe there are many private buses do the run from as far as Hua Hin and Bangkok... check your local free press...

• Like 1

Som Wat,

Confused but hopeful

PD

So as that clearly says ENTRY BEFORE APRIL 7th 2014, it means the 3rd part of my triple entry visa is worthless, correct?

What do I get so, 15 day entry?

So many different opinions here, I was told back in August to get a triple entry visa & get you 3 x 30 day extensions and you can have 9 months here hassle free (more or less).

Yes.

The visa is finished, and you cannot use it to enter Thailand again.

Any entries to Thailand have to be on or before the 'Enter by' date printed on the visa.

Quite Simply, the easiest border run in Thailand is to Ban Phu Nam Ron which is around 65Ks passed Kanchanaburi. Take a bus to Kanchanaburi and then a van to the border crossing. Once there you will stamp out of Thailand , and then at a small table, you will fill out a new arrival/departure slip and hand over your passport which they will photocopy. Also you will pay a fee of 900bahts which covers your visa stamp in Myanmar (500baht) and the mini-bus to take you to Myanmar and back.(400baht). There is no other way to travel between border crossings as it is illegal to take a Thai vehicle into Myanmar and visa-versa.. You would not want to walk. Also the entry and exit stamps are small and take up little space in your passport... All in all,a well organised border crossing with no problems,no touts, takes about 30mins from leaving Thailand.

There is a good coffee shop there and a small clean Thai restaurant . Very polite immigration peoples...

I believe there are many private buses do the run from as far as Hua Hin and Bangkok... check your local free press...

I have friends who cross over on their motorbikes, get the Burmese stamps, and return to Thailand on their motorbikes.

The 400b for the minivan is BS. It is 400b extortion, from what I have read and heard.

Edited by Som wat

I have friends who cross over on their motorbikes, get the Burmese stamps, and return to Thailand on their motorbikes.

The 400b for the minivan is BS. It is 400b extortion, from what I have read and heard.

Other members on this forum have stated that they had to drive their own Thai registered vehicles to the Burmese border post and back. You require permission to drive further into the country, but not for a quick visa at this crossing.