map of korat; the nitty gritty roads and muu baans, r there any?

bina

i would so love to find a good map or navigation program for android that would have all the dirt roads and stuff ... dying to see changes in hubby's muu baan, and i love maps... google earth is fun but i want to be able to print out or mark off the map also with areas that i know/houses etc... we've managed to barely see a plot of land near a river in his muu baan that belongs to his family but id like to also print that out, or have it as a file/hard copy...

the area: soeng seang, muu baan khok soon... its about one or two villages before a dam/resevoir...

Sure.

Personally I prefer using menu option Map Creator within app Oruxmaps for converting ( downloading ) a manually selected piece of online Google Maps ( presently max. 512 MB allowed per map; selecting all tiles available ) to an ( inside app Oruxmaps ) automatic selectable new local offline map.

In case a user might experience lack of sufficient free internal SD card storage space app FolderMount can be used to create a mount point and transfer all Oruxmap files to an external SD card.

Oruxmaps can be used for quite accurate local GPS tracking while walking and / or biking. Via app My Tracks created Oruxmap tracks can be loaded into Google Maps running on e.g. a PC or laptop for checking and editting.

can u put that in english please: i have a galaxy 3. i hopefully will have some sort of internet package when in the muu baan although hubby is having difficulty with his for some reason;

and no laptop or any other computer access once there (electricty may be an issue also)...

what do i have to do on the phone , most likely not with a lot of extra memory as i just bought whaterver the salesperson told me to buy for basic use plus some... and it was all in hebrew so dont recognize SD card etc....?

not to be stupid but would like to do this and have to understand how before i get there, when i wont have so much internet /forum acces, and obviusly noone in the vicinity who will have a clue...

Don't know if it's exactly what your after but Sygic gps app shows every little dirt track road around our village and even directs you around them. Think you can download a free version from Google play to your Samsung and if it's no good then just delete it.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Bina, in My Samsung Galaxy 4 it's labelled merely as 'local'.

It pinpoints your exact position either in a street map format or satellite (Google Earth type) format. for me it's been a boon as I travel around a lot. People add points of interest and you can have them show up on your display which is handy if you're looking for a bar or restaurant in your current vicinity.

I found Google Earth in Android a bit of a let down.

A belter of an app is Google Star Map which tells you what is what in the sky. For one who only knew the Moon and the Sun before it's been a real eye opener.

Hi thanx...I dont want of korat but of the muubaans..the question is if possible to get the maps before I am there so I can print out or just live navigation?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app