PM Yingluck's fate to be decided today

webfact

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Highly charged reporting on the BBC such as " YL fighting for political future ", " chaos ", " violence from her supporters " and Jonathan Head talking about the CC's hostility towards the Shins and their party, of a judicial coup and so on but discreetly ignoring all the intimidation from the reds, CAPO and cabinet ministers.

Will the court find according to points of law only or be mindful of the intimidation and potential consequences and acquit with some suitable words of disapproval ?

The Thais getting things done brings ' organising a piss up in a brewery ' to mind

I've had enough of Jonathan Head. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but if you are representing a news service (BBC) that claims to be independent and unbiased then Head's type of reporting has no place in responsible journalism and certainly no place at the BBC. I would urge everyone who is sick of Head's biased and unbalanced reporting to lay a complaint with the BBC. Easily done. Just Google BBC complaints and the form takes just a few minutes to fill.

Do you miss the Daily Mail, "annoyed of Thailand"?

I cannot see what is highly charged about reporting that Yingluck Shinawatra is fighting for her political future - she is. If she is impeached by the Senate she faces a Five Year ban, that seems like a poliicak future at threat to me.

Chaos, The country has been left with a caretaker government with limited powers for far too long. A verdict that has the possible outcome of removing another elected government will be viewed in a very dim light by the people who put them there (and that is putting it very mildly).

Violence from her supporters - see Chaos.

So what is biased and unbalanced about reporting the realities that lie ahead? Granted, Jonathan Heads journalism may not be what you want to hear, but to call it unbalanced and biased is biased in itself. To call for people to complain to the BBC is something one would expect from disgruntled members of the petite bourgeoisie. I thought I had left all that behind me.

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

Highly charged reporting on the BBC such as " YL fighting for political future ", " chaos ", " violence from her supporters " and Jonathan Head talking about the CC's hostility towards the Shins and their party, of a judicial coup and so on but discreetly ignoring all the intimidation from the reds, CAPO and cabinet ministers.

Will the court find according to points of law only or be mindful of the intimidation and potential consequences and acquit with some suitable words of disapproval ?

The Thais getting things done brings ' organising a piss up in a brewery ' to mind

I've had enough of Jonathan Head. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but if you are representing a news service (BBC) that claims to be independent and unbiased then Head's type of reporting has no place in responsible journalism and certainly no place at the BBC. I would urge everyone who is sick of Head's biased and unbalanced reporting to lay a complaint with the BBC. Easily done. Just Google BBC complaints and the form takes just a few minutes to fill.

I like him he tells it like it is.

Dick Head is his name and few westerners like him, because most know the score. He has to be reigned in by the BBC for it's own sake.

Stoney boy----either your new--or a pro gov hero, or ??

Could it simply be that he is more knowledgeable about the real issues than you as an armchair reporter?giggle.gif

Edited by Asiantravel

judicial coup

imagine Obama not being able to replace his security chief - her choice of successor is irrelevant even if unwise (if unwise the electorate can show that at an election)

Wish we could change Obama!!! I hope Yingluck and her Cabinet are kicked to the curb!!!!

Looks highly suspicious having 5 Family in the top 5 jobs, don't you think. Suspect dictatorial governing--control freaks they call them. Thaksin style.

Is there a law forbidding family members from being employed by the government if the PM is their relative? A serious question, which I'm sure all the posters on here complaining about nepotism will be able to answer.

Not if the family member is the best fitting person.....And this family seems to be extreme talented as all family members end at top positions.

The person replaced, Thawil, had spent 6 years negotiating ( or trying to) with the insurgents in the South. How well did that go? If I had a CV like that I wouldn't be too hopeful of retaining my job. He has since gone on record as refusing to report to Yingluck. Are you sure abhisit employed him because he was the best of the talent available or because he was known to be anti Thaksin, (not to mention his appearances on the PDRC stage more recently).

The reasoning for the court case is plainly obvious. The Senators who made the complaint to the court in the first place were the Gang of 40 - all anti Thaksin Senators. The complaint was made (2nd April) after the cabinet had agreed to reinstate Thawil (March 25th), so what motive was there in registering a complaint, other than being obviously political?

A farce.

• Like 1

I like him he tells it like it is.

Dick Head is his name and few westerners like him, because most know the score. He has to be reigned in by the BBC for it's own sake.

Stoney boy----either your new--or a pro gov hero, or ??

Could it simply be that he is more knowledgeable about the real issues than you as an armchair reporter?giggle.gif

He ought to be here all the time and clear his head, he and his clone Rachael Harvey. If he was impartial and saw over the 3 years of non governing here his reporting would be welcome. Seems to me be an R slicker,

Just to add I live among the red brigade---he doesn't a little different would you say ??

Edited by ginjag

In France, if we fired the gvt every time they make mistakes similar the ones reproached to YL, we would change the PM every two weeks.

Well if we could only fire our government in Austria......Our PM is as smart as Yingluck but not as pretty.......On the education they are equal, he was Taxi driver before.....

• Like 1

Looks highly suspicious having 5 Family in the top 5 jobs, don't you think. Suspect dictatorial governing--control freaks they call them. Thaksin style.

Is there a law forbidding family members from being employed by the government if the PM is their relative? A serious question, which I'm sure all the posters on here complaining about nepotism will be able to answer.

Not if the family member is the best fitting person.....And this family seems to be extreme talented as all family members end at top positions.

The person replaced, Thawil, had spent 6 years negotiating ( or trying to) with the insurgents in the South. How well did that go? If I had a CV like that I wouldn't be too hopeful of retaining my job. He has since gone on record as refusing to report to Yingluck. Are you sure abhisit employed him because he was the best of the talent available or because he was known to be anti Thaksin, (not to mention his appearances on the PDRC stage more recently).

The reasoning for the court case is plainly obvious. The Senators who made the complaint to the court in the first place were the Gang of 40 - all anti Thaksin Senators. The complaint was made (2nd April) after the cabinet had agreed to reinstate Thawil (March 25th), so what motive was there in registering a complaint, other than being obviously political?

A farce.

OK looks to you like a farce, but it takes 2 to tango, so if the said Yingluck/PTP were so brilliant and no corrupt in their governing they would NOT be facing any BODY =they would be delivering mega super measures for a better Thailand--but call me biased but again if they were clean---list me the mega achievements over the 3 years----I know you or the other Pro brigade never answer.

judicial coup

imagine Obama not being able to replace his security chief - her choice of successor is irrelevant even if unwise (if unwise the electorate can show that at an election)

Guess we all choose if we want to live in Thailand or not

Me, I roll with the punches and like a willow tree bend with the wind

but there are other who want Thailand to be the country they left because it was not where they wanted to live

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He has to "sell' the story or hes out of a job, we all no jurono's are full of S*** , but we must also look at the situation in its reality and not through Thai Rose tinted glasses. If you live here you know whats going on, and the Thai though process on these types of matters. Now you can make up your mind yourself.

Edited by Lobber

The BBC claims to be independent and unbiased.

That's funny . The most corrupt org in the world.

UK. Where your put on jail for not paying the tax to watch their crap

Currently about £ 145 per year

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

judicial coup

You may have a valid point, the only problem being, most of the Shin clan have had mega brushes with the law, it is normal to appoint top government officers from the best for that role, silly to think that 5 top posts are to be handed to the family--are they the best persons in that field ??

but looking from an independent point of view it STINKS, whether it is-or not against the law.

Power in the top 5 positions are to bolster up a dictatorial regime, if not WHY DO IT----only to benefit them NOT the country.

Plus the family member was appointed to the top cop position just a few months before compulsory retirement, plus he achieved nothing of any note and was barely visable, rarely seen in press reports etc., whilst he did occupy the big chair.

There is a very valid argument that appointment to such positions should be by visible / seen high capability and visible / seen past superior performance, and in accordance with Thai law.

Bottom line - let's give him a chance to sit in the big chair for a little while, make him feel important, raise his pension rate, give the family status a boost.

Pure unadulterated blatant family nepotism with no conscience whatever, worst example ever of morals and values for the young.

• Like 1

A farce.

OK looks to you like a farce, but it takes 2 to tango, so if the said Yingluck/PTP were so brilliant and no corrupt in their governing they would NOT be facing any BODY =they would be delivering mega super measures for a better Thailand--but call me biased but again if they were clean---list me the mega achievements over the 3 years----I know you or the other Pro brigade never answer.

Transferring an unwilling, anti government, official is not corruption.

And please, spare us the pleading for the off topic list - it ain't gonna happen.

• Like 2

A farce.

Glad to hear that Yinglucks relative could bring peace to the south....

6 years? Abhisit? That doesn't fit....but I can't find him on Wikipedia....Do you know when he got this position?

It is not illegal to have a different opinion than the Shinawatras so nothing wrong to be on the PDRC stage.

A farce.

The reasoning for the court case is plainly obvious.

-- Yes, too all.

The Senators who made the complaint to the court in the first place were the Gang of 40 - all anti Thaksin Senators.

-- Of course, those opposed to the wrong doing complained, you expect those behind the corruption to complain?

The complaint was made (2nd April) after the cabinet had agreed to reinstate Thawil (March 25th), so what motive was there in registering a complaint, other than being obviously political?

-- So what? It's a legal issue. The complaint was about an illegal act, not whether the robber's returned the money or not.

Yes, a farce.

A farce.

Really, this is just so silly.

If someone gives the money back, it doesn't absolve them of robbery.

I suspect she'd be relieved to have her tenure as Puppet PM brought to an end.

She clearly is not up to the job, clearly on the end of strings from her brother and clearly under emotional stress.

Get rid of the burden and get back to living the easy life of the super rich, leave megalomania to the big brother.

I'd have to agree. Yingluck already tried to get out, but her big brother wouldn't let her!

• Like 2

judicial coup

What son?

Sure, lets allow Obama to replace his Security Chief with a family member for the benefit of the Obama Clan.

Think...before you post.

John Kennedy appointed his brother Bobby as Attorney General. His choice but clearly done as a family matter.

A farce.

The reasoning for the court case is plainly obvious.

-- Yes, too all.

The Senators who made the complaint to the court in the first place were the Gang of 40 - all anti Thaksin Senators.

-- Of course, those opposed to the wrong doing complained, you expect those behind the corruption to complain?

The complaint was made (2nd April) after the cabinet had agreed to reinstate Thawil (March 25th), so what motive was there in registering a complaint, other than being obviously political?

-- So what? It's a legal issue. The complaint was about an illegal act, not whether the robber's returned the money or not.

Yes, a farce.

So you disagree, come back with some valid arguments and we'll discuss it. Oh, those were your valid arguments?