Video Review of the 2015 Honda PCX

Pinot

From Surin beach, Phuket

Great to see some decent English reviews coming out of Thailand finally.

I've been tossing up between the Tricity and the new PCX. The storage and cigarette charger are two things I like more on this.

Was there any other noticeable differences while riding that made this your preferred choice?

Yours sincerely, an indecisive Kiwi.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yeah, the PCX has evolved over the last 4 years. There have been a number of tweaks and the bike has just gotten better. At this point I think it's damn near the perfect scooter.

The Yamaha Tricity is a revolutionary step for the motorbike. It does have the wow factor going for it. It turns heads, but with a brand new model there are going to be changes needed and I didn't want to be buying something new and unproven. The PCX is such a solid choice at this point, I didn't want the possible headaches a new model might bring. The PCX is more powerful.

The Tricity and the PCX are both solid choices in this class. They both drive beautifully. I went with the PCX, it's the safe choice.

I don't know if it's the safer bike thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Well said Pinot. I was dead set on the tricity but the more I think about it the more cons I find. Now I don't plan on crashing, no one does. But I can't help but think what it would cost if the two front wheels took a bit of a hit. Parts are rare, only through Yamaha. The cost would surely be up there.

I'm finding myself leaning more to the PCX almost. I have deposit on the tricity, but at 500 baht it's nothing. Gotta check out the new PCX in person and make my final choice soon. Your videos have helped a lot.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Thaiwi

I went with white because I remember reading somewhere that it's the most visible (safer). They had a pic of a flat black one up on the wall of the dealer. That looked really cool.

The red one has the shiny finish. You're right, it looked great.

Good review, keep them coming.

I chose a white bike too, but because I am too lazy to clean it.

I like how this bike comes with standard handlebars.

For those in BKK it would be easy to swap them out.

I would want narrower ones to split traffic.

This one look much better than the Beluga original too.

Every manufacturer should follow Honda and put their gas tanks up front to free up room in back and lower the CoG.

• Like 1