New Dominos Pizza was awful.....

BruceMangosteen

Saw the new Dominos on 3rd road. Got excited? Buy one, get one free.

The "one" was only 12"(that's a large folks)(475 baht for two)

I could not eat it. It was that bad. The cheeze and topping were okay, but the crust like cardboard.

It was so bad I'm compelled to warn others on this forum. They have got the colors right, and of course a staff of about 100 people, and everyone was friendly, but just could not even eat it. I don't recall the last time I threw food out.

• Like 2

It does not taste the same as it does in the USA. It's horrible here. Surprised they allowed such a bad pizza to be sold under than brand.

Agreed. Pizza Hut as well. Pizza Hut is one of the most mediocre pizzas in America, but it would be one of the best in Thailand, if it tasted like in the USA. Pizza in Thailand just isn't very good.

After a reccomendation from a friend, I tried American Pizza Pattaya recently. Not sure if links are allowed here or not but the website is the same as the business name (without the spaces obviuosly). We had a large thin crust Taco pizza and it was plenty for a hungry Farang and a Thai girl. Tasted very good too which is the important part, lots of good ingredients were used!. They cost 530 Baht deivered which will have some people on this forum reaching for their well used defibrillator, but for those of you not living on thin air who put quality first and want an American style pizza, you'll be happy. I'll be getting another one this weekend for sure.

Edited by Subpar
  • Like 1

Couldnt agree more - fell for the 2 for 1 deal (I live very close by, down a side soi) and regretted it. The katoey that served me seemed very proud as he handed me the pizzas - I suspect that he was hoping for a tip - but that was where the smiles ended. Thin, mediocre crust with a very poor approximation of 'pepperoni' on top : particularly sad when some of the best pizza I've eaten came from a franchise outlet in BKK ('Pizza Company' or something similarly generic). Their chicken was also to die for, but the shop met the wrecking ball when they redeveloped Washington Square. Completely unrecognisable now.

From memory, it was about 320 baht for the two pizzas at Dominos, and I would have been happier spending 60 baht on a meal from the traditional Thai restaurant just down from 7/11 on my side of Third Road. Wont be going back.

;