Suthep changes date of mass rally to May 9, UDD maintains May 10 rally date

webfact

PDRC moves rally to earlier date, UDD maintains May 10 rally date

PNPOL570508001000201_08052014_102338.jpg

BANGKOK, 8 May 2014 (NNT) – The United Front For Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) asserted on Wednesday the group was leaving its May 10 mass rally date unchanged, after the Constitution Court effectively removed Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra from her post in its rulings on her misconduct in the transfer of Thawil Pliensi.

UDD chairman Chatuphon Phromphan urged supporters not to worry too much over Wednesday's rulings by the court, as the outcome had been expected.

He said the group would patiently wait for developments resulting from the rulings. Mr. Chatuphon also thanked supporters for not marching to the Constitution Court.

He also asked that they refrain from marching to the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) today (Thursday), and instead listen to the verdict broadcast in the comfort of their homes.

The UDD leader reassured supporters that no political vacuum will result from the verdicts of the court and the NACC, and noted that Ms. Yingluck's position as minister of defense was still intact.

Meanwhile, People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban told supporters on Wednesday he was moving the group's major rally date from May 14 to May 9 (Friday).

He disclosed the group would be marching along Sukhumwit Rd. starting from Onnut BTS station today (Thursday) to rally for support for the last time.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-05-08 footer_n.gif

PDRC reset D-Day on May 9 instead of May 14

5-7-2014-10-41-13-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The People’s Democratic Reform Committee has decided to move forward its planned mass rally from May 14 to this Friday (May 9) in a final battle to reclaim sovereign powers for the people.

PDRC secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban told his supporters at Lumpini park Wednesday night that the situation had changed and, therefore, it was necessary to move forward the planned mass rally. He urged supporters of the PDRC from throughout the country to start heading for Bangkok now for the final battle.

The auspicious time for the launch of the operation to “reclaim sovereign powers” for the people was set at 9.09 am on May 9. Suthep said that the operation must be accomplished so that there will be a people’s assembly to be set up.

The protest leader then urged red-shirt followers to bury the hatchet and to join the PDRC to rid the country of Thaksin regime or influence. He said that the caretaker government led by acting prime minister Niwatthamrong Bunsongphaisarn was no longer a legitimate government and Niwatthamrong was unqualified for the premiership because he was involved in the controversial rice pledging scheme.

“Whatever will happen, the great mass of people will move forward until their objective is accomplished. We will fight in peace with our bare hands and definitely without any weapons,” said Suthep as he addressed the crowd at Lumpini park.

Meanwhile, Senator Kamnoon Sitthisamarn contended that Mr Niwatthamrong was not authorized to discuss with the Election Commission about the staging of an election because he as caretaker deputy prime minister acting on behalf of the prime minister and could not countersign the Royal Decree proclaiming the July 20 election day.

“It should be understood that Thailand now has no prime minister. Niwatthamrong Bunsongphaisarn is still caretaker deputy prime minister performing the duty of the prime minister as resolved by the cabinet.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pdrc-reset-d-day-may-9-instead-may-14/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-05-08

"in a final battle to reclaim sovereign powers for the people." What crap.

This man getting too many big free meals at 5 star hotels for sure, Looks like "Mr Stay Puft"

Curious, using bold characters in your post to be taken more serious?

Try crayons next time.

Sent from my LG-P970

• Like 2

The Courts should also move against Suthep and clearly demonstrate that they are impartial so as to rein in all sides. A move against Suthep will appease PTP and clearly demonstrate that they are impartial and acting for the Nation.

• Like 2

Any news on where the marchers will be on 10th -- or any other dates they decide to screw up Bangkok ?

Well the RED's (UDD) are going to screw up Aksa road again. So if your traveling anywhere close be aware.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Any news on where the marchers will be on 10th -- or any other dates they decide to screw up Bangkok ?

Well the RED's (UDD) are going to screw up Aksa road again. So if your traveling anywhere close be aware.

Where's that ? Somewhere near Lumphini according to google.... ;)

Where's that ? Somewhere near Lumphini according to google.... ;)

Well let's hope the Red's are not using your Google then!

Where's that ? Somewhere near Lumphini according to google.... wink.png

Well let's hope the Red's are not using your Google then!

indeed !!! But seriously -- google doesn't show it to me .. does it have another name ?

As the dust settles, and Pheu Thai and the UDD assume they're on solid ground, there is a little matter of what Pheu Thai did that will gradually receive more and more notice. And it is this - although there is a provision in the constitution that allows for the nomination of a prime minister through the Senate in lieu of a parliamentary quorum, there is no provision for what Pheu Thai is attempting to do. They are attempting to nominate a prime minister through a cabinet. Not only that, but a caretaker cabinet. Not only that, but a caretaker cabinet without a parliament ! Not only that, but a caretaker cabinet without a parliament that has just had its prime minister removed because she committed an unconstitutional act. Not only that, but a caretaker cabinet without a parliament that has just had its own cabinet decimated by the removal of nine of their colleagues for committing an unconstitutional act. So naturally, people are beginning to speak up about this. And it won't be just the PDRC.

• Like 1

Ms. Yingluck's position as minister of defense was still intact.

Can someone with more knoledge please confirm if this is true or not ????

From all reports True. She has not been banned from office or a political post only removed as Ctaker pm. Least that is what every one at work is saying.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

As the dust settles, and Pheu Thai and the UDD assume they're on solid ground, there is a little matter of what Pheu Thai did that will gradually receive more and more notice. And it is this - although there is a provision in the constitution that allows for the nomination of a prime minister through the Senate in lieu of a parliamentary quorum, there is no provision for what Pheu Thai is attempting to do. They are attempting to nominate a prime minister through a cabinet. Not only that, but a caretaker cabinet. Not only that, but a caretaker cabinet without a parliament ! Not only that, but a caretaker cabinet without a parliament that has just had its prime minister removed because she committed an unconstitutional act. Not only that, but a caretaker cabinet without a parliament that has just had its own cabinet decimated by the removal of nine of their colleagues for committing an unconstitutional act. So naturally, people are beginning to speak up about this. And it won't be just the PDRC.

Your post should be pinned to top of the page as must reading for the less enlightened.

Sent from my LG-P970

I don't think for a single minute that YL is still defense minister...

She has been sacked and that means from ALL cabinet posts and as far as I am aware, defence minister is a cabinet post.

Let's make this clear.... all cabinet ministers who were involved in the transfer scandal MUST leave their positions immediately. It is as simple as that.. YL as defence minister must vacate that position as well as the premiership.

The ONLY thing she might cling to is chairman of the rice policy commission which is technically an independent agency... But that is actually a good thing as she can still hang in the NACC case.

If the NACC today rule the scheme as 'corrupt' then the new puppet will likely be indicted along with her and that removes HIM also, as they MUST stop working immediately.. YL's punishment can no longer be 'unseating from office' as that was already done... Hopefully she will be referred instead to the criminal court for ruling which could see a prison sentence.

• Like 2

The lucky number 9.

I would say his aim is to force a clash with the reds, the idiot should have maintained his original date to avoid violence. He surely knows that the reds will be pissed off over the Yingluk case and this is just like taking a dump in some ones kitchen sink. He wants full on violence and knows he is going to get it.

The lucky number 9.

I would say his aim is to force a clash with the reds, the idiot should have maintained his original date to avoid violence. He surely knows that the reds will be pissed off over the Yingluk case and this is just like taking a dump in some ones kitchen sink. He wants full on violence and knows he is going to get it.

says you only...get real lad..the wife and her asoke dhamma army already left/and leaving for bkk this morning loads of old women going ..so your assumption/nay rumour mongering is yet again unfounded..try dealing with facts instead of trying to get likes..you will come across much more brighter..wai2.gif

• Like 1

The lucky number 9.

notice the time and date 9:09 on the 9th. The word for 9 in Thai is gow or however you spell it = believe it or not the sound of it also means another word in Thai = new beginning. Along these lines my Mrs says....

The lucky number 9.

says you only...get real lad..the wife and her asoke dhamma army already left/and leaving for bkk this morning loads of old women going ..so your assumption/nay rumour mongering is yet again unfounded..try dealing with facts instead of trying to get likes..you will come across much more brighter..wai2.gif

If you want to avoid confrontation then I believe the best way is to stay clear, if you think that is an unreal theory then I respect your opinion. If you put two fighting cocks together what is going to happen? If they stay away from each other the chances of confrontation are greatly reduced and to reduce the chances of a fight in this situation then Suthep should not have brought his rally forward to clash with the reds.

If you think my thoughts make me look stupid then I respect your opinion. I don't want to see a full on shitfight.

• Like 1

The lucky number 9.

If you want to avoid confrontation then I believe the best way is to stay clear, if you think that is an unreal theory then I respect your opinion. If you put two fighting cocks together what is going to happen? If they stay away from each other the chances of confrontation are greatly reduced and to reduce the chances of a fight in this situation then Suthep should not have brought his rally forward to clash with the reds.

If you think my thoughts make me look stupid then I respect your opinion. I don't want to see a full on shitfight.

I think you make sense, sounds as tho Winston wants to see a battle. Common sense would be for Suthep not to bring his date forward

BANGKOK: -- The Peoples Democratic Reform Committee has decided to move forward its planned mass rally from May 14 to this Friday (May 9) in a final battle to reclaim sovereign powers for the people.

PDRC secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban told his supporters at Lumpini park Wednesday night that the situation had changed and, therefore, it was necessary to move forward the planned mass rally. He urged supporters of the PDRC from throughout the country to start heading for Bangkok now for the final battle.

The auspicious time for the launch of the operation to reclaim sovereign powers for the people was set at 9.09 am on May 9. Suthep said that the operation must be accomplished so that there will be a peoples assembly to be set up.

The protest leader then urged red-shirt followers to bury the hatchet and to join the PDRC to rid the country of Thaksin regime or influence. He said that the caretaker government led by acting prime minister Niwatthamrong Bunsongphaisarn was no longer a legitimate government and Niwatthamrong was unqualified for the premiership because he was involved in the controversial rice pledging scheme.

Whatever will happen, the great mass of people will move forward until their objective is accomplished. We will fight in peace with our bare hands and definitely without any weapons, said Suthep as he addressed the crowd at Lumpini park.

Meanwhile, Senator Kamnoon Sitthisamarn contended that Mr Niwatthamrong was not authorized to discuss with the Election Commission about the staging of an election because he as caretaker deputy prime minister acting on behalf of the prime minister and could not countersign the Royal Decree proclaiming the July 20 election day.

It should be understood that Thailand now has no prime minister. Niwatthamrong Bunsongphaisarn is still caretaker deputy prime minister performing the duty of the prime minister as resolved by the cabinet.

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-05-08

This demonstration by Suthep has caused the deaths of many and he his still walking around with that stupid uncaring smile on face as if he is rejoicing in the loss of life.

Another PTP member is now the caretaker PM, no? Therefore, no real reasons for the Reds to come marching and add to the disruptions in BKK, correct?

Also, Poo is already out. Isn't that what Suthep wants? What is this 'final' (amongst more finals I'm sure) push all about then?

And Poo... that was a MASSIVE lost of face wasn't it. Should've left earlier when you could, when it would have looked more dignified. Or did big bro tell you to stay and now this?

BANGKOK: -- The Peoples Democratic Reform Committee has decided to move forward its planned mass rally from May 14 to this Friday (May 9) in a final battle to reclaim sovereign powers for the people.

The auspicious time for the launch of the operation to reclaim sovereign powers for the people was set at 9.09 am on May 9. Suthep said that the operation must be accomplished so that there will be a peoples assembly to be set up.

Whatever will happen, the great mass of people will move forward until their objective is accomplished. We will fight in peace with our bare hands and definitely without any weapons, said Suthep as he addressed the crowd at Lumpini park.

It should be understood that Thailand now has no prime minister. Niwatthamrong Bunsongphaisarn is still caretaker deputy prime minister performing the duty of the prime minister as resolved by the cabinet.

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-05-08

This demonstration by Suthep has caused the deaths of many and he his still walking around with that stupid uncaring smile on face as if he is rejoicing in the loss of life.

yes , especially those kids blown up / shot in Trat and Radjidamri. oops sorry, wrong team.

• Like 2

"in a final battle to reclaim sovereign powers for the people." What crap.

This man getting too many big free meals at 5 star hotels for sure, Looks like "Mr Stay Puft"

Curious, using bold characters in your post to be taken more serious?

Try crayons next time.

Sent from my LG-P970

What Mommie not buy you bold text.....poor little BOY

The lucky number 9.

I am sort of getting a feeling here that you don't want the PDRC number to be greater than the red numbers, so that they will have more chance to attack and vanquish the PDRC.

But you are more upset because of this adjustment, the PDRC are going to be a lot safer and able to protect themselves because of sheer numbers.

If there were only a few thousand PDRC and say 100,000 reds showed up.... there is much more likelihood of violence from the reds against the PDRC.

Now they are goijng to seriously think twice .

So in a way, Suthep is definitely correct to shore up the numbers while the reds are in town.... NO SOFT TARGET.... It's common sense.

• Like 1