Thai Transport Min Chadchart: It will take five days to repair quake-devastated roads

webfact

Minister Chadchart: It will take five days to repair quake-devastated roads

CHIANG RAI, 9 May 2014 (NNT) – The Transport Minister says it will take 5 days to repair roads that have been damaged by the 6.3 magnitude earthquake that struck the northern part of Thailand earlier this week.

Transport Minister Chadchart Sittipunt said authorities in Chiang Rai are now working hard to reconstruct and repair roads ravaged by Monday’s quake that jolted part of Thailand’s north, including Chiang Rai.

He said authorities will ensure safety of travelers during the maintenance period ,which is expected to take up to 5 days.

According to the Transport Minister, the repair will cost approximately 30 million baht, with the Department of Highways being in charge of the operation.

He went on to assure that Mae Fah Luang-Chiang Rai International Airport was only slightly damaged by the quake and is still operating as usual.

He also expressed relief that the damage was not as much as he had expected.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-05-09 footer_n.gif

5 days? Really? Is that all it will take?

I'd like to really see his MSProject timeline on this one....

1. Maybe ---> call sand delivery ---> 1 day

2. Call Myanmar for cheap engineering experts ---> 1 day

3. Order drinks, costing 20 million..(delta) for me and family ---> 3 days

4. Put sand in holes. ----> wake up

5. Buy cement and cover the sand and compress. ---> day 4

6. Put left over finances into my bank ----> Day 5

Job done! giggle.gif

• Like 2

Has he seen the size of some of the cracks? Did anyone check the train lines yet? Thought not.....

Railways Of Thailand (ROT) said the other day that everything was hunky dory & no more derailments than usual - end of.

Has he seen the size of some of the cracks? Did anyone check the train lines yet? Thought not.....

Luckily the long-planned (50-years plus !) new Den Chai to Chiang Rai via Phayao line hasn't yet been built, across the area where the earthquake & subsequent tremors occurred, this is now revealed as the MoT's latest cunning plan, to reduce derailments ! rolleyes.gif

Why to bother? Just leave it and call Thailand as quakeHUB. New tourists will arrive and success is inevitable blink.png

They should just leave it. The crack is more or less down the middle of the road. This will keep the traffic on the correct side for once.

• Like 2

5 days? Really? Is that all it will take?

I'd like to really see his MSProject timeline on this one....

1. Maybe ---> call sand delivery ---> 1 day

2. Call Myanmar for cheap engineering experts ---> 1 day

3. Order drinks, costing 20 million..(delta) for me and family ---> 3 days

4. Put sand in holes. ----> wake up

5. Buy cement and cover the sand and compress. ---> day 4

6. Put left over finances into my bank ----> Day 5

Job done! giggle.gif

I'm not there. I do not know what the plan is. I could quess, but that would be all it is. I cannot tell what will happen in the future concerning the repairs. I am not in charge.

I think he has no idea

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1399651420269.jpg

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1399651367316.jpg

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

Some of these pics are not real and taken at earthquakes in other location. I am not saying that this is the case with these pictures. But some of the early pictures posted with the quake were later shown to come from neighboring countries.

If the damage is that extensive his 5 days are a crazy estimate. Even if not so bad i still think its a crazy estimate.