Good food in Pattaya

tuky

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CRAP FOOD ALERT! :o

I ate at Jamesons bar last night.It's on the soi behind north Big C next to Nova Hotel.

My friend and myself had very deeply fried chicken with shatter on fork impact chips. My gf had bone at one end , fat at the other rack of ribs. :D

We went there because we heard the chef and manager from Shennanigans had moved there,maybe it was their night off.Needless to say we won't be hurrying back. :D

Didnt like the look of this place..It has a sign on the front door (nearest the road)which forbids Shoes,swearing,smoking ect...Dont know if this was supposed to be in jest or not

maybe someone can shed some light on it..

Thai food?

I go regularly to Vientiane on 2nd Road. It's Lao-Isaan food so take your TG there as its food dear to her heart. Good prices, prompt service, huge menu.

IMHO, Greg's and Queen Vic are overpriced though I confess to liking Britstodge once a week to firm up the bowels.

Didnt like the look of this place..It has a sign on the front door (nearest the road)which forbids Shoes,swearing,smoking ect...Dont know if this was supposed to be in jest or not

maybe someone can shed some light on it..

I can assure you that I kept my shoes on and my friend polluted the atmosphere by smoking :D

Oh, and I certainly swore when I got the food :o

• 11 months later...
CRAP FOOD ALERT! :o

I ate at Jamesons bar last night.It's on the soi behind north Big C next to Nova Hotel.

My friend and myself had very deeply fried chicken with shatter on fork impact chips. My gf had bone at one end , fat at the other rack of ribs. :D

We went there because we heard the chef and manager from Shennanigans had moved there,maybe it was their night off.Needless to say we won't be hurrying back. :D

I have been back to Jamesons 3 times in the last couple of weeks and I must say they have come on leaps and bounds since my previous post.

I had a full Irish breakfast ( 150 b including fresh coffee) this morning and it was very nice.The only thing that I could grumble about was the toasted bread being of the sweet variety.

Also the staff are great and very helpful.

I am going to try their carvery on Sunday as a friend of mine said it was very good as well.

Just thought I'd give praise where it was due , I stand corrected :D

One of my favorite German rest. is bei Gerhard located in Naklua in the soi oppisit Woodlands Resort. The daily special is always a good deal.

Looks like Peejay hasn't eaten at the Lek or Apex breakfast buffet recently. He is still quoting the 95 bhat price. Both places raised the price to 110 bhat a couple of months ago. Also I dont think Johnnyk has been to his favorite eatery the Vientianne recently. They moved to the end of Walking Street near Nang Nual awhile back.

If you want a nice (British style Indian curry) this is the best value for money place in Pattaya

Its called Neeroys in Soi Chaiyapoon opposite Crazy daves.

You wont be disappointed and don’t be put off by the look of the place

It’s a bit basic but the food is great.

Have a nice day :o

Shall we start a list of good places to eat in and around Pattaya?

For a family night I like Thai House,

then a couple of drinks at H20.

Moom Aroi in Sriracha has great food, and beautiful sunsets.

I love to sit there over the water.

Would love to discover new places that I haven't been to yet.

What about you?

H20 has moved now, further up the 3rd road. I liked the old one, a pleasant garden with good music inside. Is the new one better?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
One of my favorite German rest. is bei Gerhard located in Naklua in the soi oppisit Woodlands Resort. The daily special is always a good deal.

Looks like Peejay hasn't eaten at the Lek or Apex breakfast buffet recently. He is still quoting the 95 bhat price. Both places raised the price to 110 bhat a couple of months ago. Also I dont think Johnnyk has been to his favorite eatery the Vientianne recently. They moved to the end of Walking Street near Nang Nual awhile back.

Just happened on this reply to my post of 2005-02-04

Spaniel, you are pre-literate aren't you.

You replied 51 weeks later to my post.

Look before you leap, chief, because its not pretty and people laugh when you fall on your ass.

thai food i enjoy going to the markets too eat i am always spoiled for choice,the food market on soi bukhao.

falang food i go the other seaside restaraunt just off soi 7 behind the pink lady, good falang food and has excellent thai food too,and the tg say's the isaan food is spot on too.

Is there any Scandinavian restaurant in Jomtien area? :o

Oh yes, many, many. How familiar are you with the Jomtien area? Perhaps by now you have already found the places you were asking/looking for. If not I suggest that you take a stroll from the FoodMart towards the Hanuman statue. On the way, to your left, you will find Linda's. Cross the street and venture into the Jomtien Complex where you will find quite a few bars/restaurants offering the food you ask for. Just look for the flags and names. Find your way to the beach road and once you reach Soi 7 explore every Soi thereafter. You will find Sjoeboa, The Admiral and many more. Same thing, look for flags and names.

Och haer i relativt klarspraak, Svenska. Aer du skandinav och vill ha hjaelp med att hitta en restaurang med skandinaviska raetter paa menyn och kanske inte fullt ut fattar mitt svammlande tidigare, saeg till.

Maldoror

Just happened on this reply to my post of 2005-02-04

Spaniel, you are pre-literate aren't you.

You replied 51 weeks later to my post.

Look before you leap, chief, because its not pretty and people laugh when you fall on your ass.

johnnyk,

Chill out, man! Nobody is going to laugh because somebody made a mistake! Sounds like you have a problem.

Is there any Scandinavian restaurant in Jomtien area? :o

Oh yes, many, many. How familiar are you with the Jomtien area? Perhaps by now you have already found the places you were asking/looking for. If not I suggest that you take a stroll from the FoodMart towards the Hanuman statue. On the way, to your left, you will find Linda's. Cross the street and venture into the Jomtien Complex where you will find quite a few bars/restaurants offering the food you ask for. Just look for the flags and names. Find your way to the beach road and once you reach Soi 7 explore every Soi thereafter. You will find Sjoeboa, The Admiral and many more. Same thing, look for flags and names.

Och haer i relativt klarspraak, Svenska. Aer du skandinav och vill ha hjaelp med att hitta en restaurang med skandinaviska raetter paa menyn och kanske inte fullt ut fattar mitt svammlande tidigare, saeg till.

Maldoror

Thanks a lot for your information Maldoror. It will be a greate help for me. Jag fattade ALLT :D

I also thank you libya 115. :D

If any of you are looking for good clean cheap Thai food then a place on Pattaya North Road just before Tesco Lotus might be for you. As you turn right at the dolphin Roundabout it is just before Tesco on the same side. It has latice decorations on the front of it and it is on the corner of a small soi. :o