Good food in Pattaya

tuky

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God this thread is making me hungry. Sitting here at work in samutprakan thinking about tak'n a quick spin for some fish n chips.

I love cordon blue and theres a german bier stube place just about accross the street from Woodlands Resort that makes a great one. huge portion, with some stir fried potatoes, and salad --185 baht. Its the place thats marble walled.

Noone here has really mentioned pizza. Whats the best pizza in pattaya??

Drifting away from Pattaya towards Bang Phli / Bang Na - Woodlands Resort?? Near Lakewood? There's aGerman place opposite Thana City - Paulaner - but I've found it a bit noisy. I like to keep my eating and disco habits separate.

But Paulaner's in Bangkok, in the Log House Complex - unbearable. Live band that is noise without music or beat. Cramped benches to sit on. Avoid at all costs.

Where in Pattaya can you get a good veal meal? So far, the only acceptable veal meal I've been able to find is at BJ's Restaurant on Beach Blvd near N. Pattaya Rd, and you have to call a day B4 in order to assure it being available.

As far as Pizza goes, the place next door to the FLB serves us an almost acceptable pizza but the nearest pizza that would rank right with those from the outstanding Pizza places in the U.S. would be found at the Lai Lai Sheraton Hotel in Taipei. I've been to Thailand, Japan, S. Korea, Okinawa, Taiwan, the Philippines, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Macau, Indonesia and the Pizza at the Lai Lai Sheraton Hotel in Taipei is the ONLY acceptable pizza I've found.

BTW, I hear that the Lai Lai Sheraton has changed names recently. Anybody up on this change?

Ken Bower

Visiting Thailand since 1971

http://homepage.mac.com/KenLat/

acceptable

you use that word a lot.

Is it not a word that by definition reflects the opinion of the person that writes it?

You make a point of saying how travelled you are over the years.

Why do you visit Eastern Countries if you seek Pizza??

Why not as the last poster suggested visit Italy?

Curious :o

Cutethaigirl,

No one can live on any one type of food day in and day out. I eat mostly Thai food when in Thailand, but also occasionally go for Italian, Japanese, Indian, or Chinese.

How long would you last overseas without a nice plate of rice and some tomyam kung?

God this thread is making me hungry. Sitting here at work in samutprakan thinking about tak'n a quick spin for some fish n chips.

I love cordon blue and theres a german bier stube place just about accross  the street from Woodlands Resort that makes a great one.  huge portion, with some stir fried potatoes,  and salad --185 baht.  Its the place thats marble walled.

Noone here has really mentioned pizza.  Whats the best pizza in pattaya??

Drifting away from Pattaya towards Bang Phli / Bang Na - Woodlands Resort?? Near Lakewood? There's aGerman place opposite Thana City - Paulaner - but I've found it a bit noisy. I like to keep my eating and disco habits separate.

But Paulaner's in Bangkok, in the Log House Complex - unbearable. Live band that is noise without music or beat. Cramped benches to sit on. Avoid at all costs.

Talkng about the woodlands in naklua not bangna. Never tried the paulaner but heard it was good.

No one can live on any one type of food day in and day out. I eat mostly Thai food when in Thailand, but also occasionally go for Italian, Japanese, Indian, or Chinese.

How long would you last overseas without a nice plate of rice and some tomyam kung?

I see :- :o

Thank you

Not long!!!

I see :- :o

Thank you

Not long!!!

That's the main problem taking the family to Kuala Lumpur or Singapore.

Spend half the day looking for Thai food, the rest of the time complaining that it's not really Thai food.

I only have pizza occasionally, maybe once in six months. During the week is construction-site Thai food, at week-ends my wife makes/buys som tam. But I do need the steak / pork chop / bangers & mash / fish 'n chips for one meal a week, just to make my stomach think I'm in the UK.

Added to this is that I cannot (medically) eat shellfish, offal or drink red wine. So I do need a treat every so often

best "western" food i had last stay in los was at the sportsman/sports bar? pattaya(yellow sign, down a side street)

approx £5 a meal but big plates and everything we ordered was top notch :drool:

wiped the floor with a lot of 5* hotels restaurants :tup:

• 2 weeks later...
-99.I don't know the soi's name.Take Pattaya Thai direction Sukhumvit.After crossing with 3rd road take right in front of international telephone office.

99 is on your right about where the soi become.very relax place.

Good french and belgian food;(the cook worked in a 3 stars restaurant in Brussels)

Sauces are the best of Pattaya.Thai food too.

hope this help

The cook at 99 you mentioned is "Jerry", he no longer works at the 99, the owner boss screwed him over. He makes great Italian food, the best spaghetti I've ever had. He has relocated to a hotel on Soi Lengkee, I can't recall the name just now.

Pan Pan has good food.

Munch Shack has good breakfasts and very good creamed beef on toast.

Brunos is still good.

Sportsmans on Soi 13.

Palmers, great Sheppards Pie

Personnally after living here for a year, IMHO New Orleans Cafe and Captains Corner are overpriced, and overated. I don't even think about going into them.

madwizard

Loong Sawai is a nice little seafood restaurant, at the end of Jomtien Beach road, the food tastes great, its' not very fancy but has an authentic local flavor. It is very popular with Bangkok weekenders but not overly priced. Try the tod man koong and the Tom yam...Another good establishment is Kaffa,on Jomtien beach, next to the KFC, they have a very extensive menu, ranging from european,thai, japanese(fresh sushi--2 japanese chefs), the setting is great, they put on concerts on their tvs, the cocktails are good as well, good service and great food.....A good place for breakfast in Jomtien is Surf kitchen...many different freshly brewed coffees, nice setting, newspapers, great pastries.....another good breakfast place in Jomtien is Continental Bakery...although quite small...it is opposite Grand Condo Jomtien...right after the junction with tep-parasite(tepprasit road).....In regards to Indian food...avoid the new Indian on tappraya road....very pricey...small portions...looks very nice though..and they had some indian live music..with sitar and tabbla....

Da joe on walking street is a nice little long established Italian restaurant, good wine selection and the food is alright. Joe is an alright guy as well, always friendly...

...Getting hungry.... :o:D Who makes the best Pizza in Pattaya? I heard it was globetrotters in the small soi connecting soi 7 and central Pattaya road....anyone tried it?

Da joe on walking street is a nice little long established Italian restaurant, good wine selection and the food is alright. Joe is an alright guy as well, always friendly...

...Getting hungry.... :o:D Who makes the best Pizza in Pattaya? I heard it was globetrotters in the small soi connecting soi 7 and central Pattaya road....anyone tried it?

Da joe is the place on the beach side of Walking Street, right? Down a long passageway like Hooty's (different menu :D ).

Then opposite Da Joe's is a covered market with restaurants on the right-hand side when going in from Walking Street. There is an Italian place in there that is better, and cheaper (not much cheaper, but certainly better).

Does not attract from Walking Street, but once you know it - never again Da Joe's - even though the prop. is a very pleasant guy.

any1 after good and i mean good italian food, pizza pasta coffee etc try ciccio & pinna near dolphin circle pattaya nua naklua rd (sp) has a sign above the street advertising BIG PIZZA they;ve only been opened bout 1 month but the food is outstanding, ask for marino or lek :o

i've eaten all over italy and this place is authentic none of your pizza hut crap that's more like a cake :D

10/10 give it a shot

any1 after good and i mean good italian food, pizza pasta coffee etc try ciccio & pinna near dolphin circle pattaya nua naklua rd (sp) has a sign above the street advertising BIG PIZZA they;ve only been opened bout 1 month but the food is outstanding, ask for marino or lek

i've eaten all over italy and this place is authentic none of your pizza hut crap that's more like a cake

10/10 give it a shot

Sounds good, I never go there because it is the German pensioners side of town, however I will give it a go! Thanx for the info...thin crust with homemade sauce and real mozzarella....wow! :o

well dont try the opal restaurant, although i have no idea why the thread has been locked..

Don't see why, either.

Going back longer than I care to remember, ran a coffee bar in Soho in the sixties. Basically served spaghetti with ....

We used to cook the spag. in the mornings, pop it in the bottom of the fridge and pull out a handful for each serving as necessary. Are you sure this is not what happened with you? Could account for short bits in among long bits.

But if you are sure of your serving - then it's disgusting.

up2u. unfortuneately i am sure, there are two types of spaghetti eaters, the twirlers of which i am and the chopper uppers, every time i go there which was often, my spaghetti came last as it took ten minutes to cook the spaghetti,

on my last visit there, there were no long bits plus the sauce and meat were all over the plate, which is quite unusual.

anyway onto nicer thoughts, any of u lot tried big joes frozen curries, these i got to recommend, available in most supermarkets i think, also johns grill, his frozen stuff is a bit more expensive and it does make me wonder why i dont just goto a restaurant and pay a little bit more and get the service etc, but ###### i got to work and sometimes just cant be bothered, anyway both are good and real handy as long as u got a microwave.

although i got to admit one of em does sell frozen mash potatoe, i mean who the ###### buys frozen mash potatoe?am i behind the times or something?

• 5 months later...

CRAP FOOD ALERT! :o

I ate at Jamesons bar last night.It's on the soi behind north Big C next to Nova Hotel.

My friend and myself had very deeply fried chicken with shatter on fork impact chips. My gf had bone at one end , fat at the other rack of ribs. :D

We went there because we heard the chef and manager from Shennanigans had moved there,maybe it was their night off.Needless to say we won't be hurrying back. :D

ahhh, dont u love it, the cultural misunderstandings between a german and a brit, now if i told britmaveric that i was giving his wife the bone he would probably come round my place and chop it off, i would then have to spend the rest of my life as a lady man, i hope this helps to explain it all kurgen :o

ahhh, dont u love it, the cultural misunderstandings between a german and a brit, now if i told britmaveric that i was giving his wife the bone he would probably come round my place and chop it off, i would then have to spend the rest of my life as a lady man, i hope this helps to explain it all kurgen :D

Who's German then? :o