Was Yinglucks' Removal from Power actually Lawful?

doctorproc156

I think most of us here can agree that the constitutional court is picking and choosing who it is prosecuting and we can also probably agree that the latest removal of the PM was politically motivated. But I'm just here to pose an open question up for debate, was the removal actually lawful or not? Is it actually illegal to transfer members of the government to another position as long as you are the ruling administration with the mandate given by the voters?

The court ruled yesterday that while the prime minister could exercise her judgement in transferring personnel, there must be plausible reasons to justify her decisions. Transfers should be free from bias or political preferences, the court said.

Thawil wins fight against NSC transfer“, Bangkok Post, March 8, 2014

Edited by anantha92

A prime minister is not like a president, they can be replaced at any time without a public election.

If the Prime Minister is no longer an MP then they don't qualify to be Prime Minister. The court certainly has the power to ban people from politics so this is valid.

Personally I suspect she was forced into the job and is probably glad it's all over.

Would Ronald Reagan's removal have been ?

Would Billy-Jeff Clintoris's have been ?

Would anyone's have been ?

The removal of an elected official by a gang of mountebanks stooges and tools by an sneer hand de-legitimizes any democratic pretensions that may have been floundering around on this ship of state's poop deck.

But then again there is NOTHNG that any serious student of politics (the roughest of sports) would call democratic in Amerika or any of the other corporatista-driven Western democracies.

Anyone who witnesses the quadrophonic-centennial doofus festivals that elect 'marka's political show ponies could testify to that.

Democracy itself was a myth here until it got the Yingster into the driver's seat.

A swarm of Capitol city hooligans, mountebanks, and goofs ran her out.

The suggestion by some that Thaksin was any more corrupt than the colostomy crowd that is very much in play here is to betray one's ignorance.

Read a book or two ?

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

Would Ronald Reagan's removal have been ?

Would Billy-Jeff Clintoris's have been ?

Would anyone's have been ?

The removal of an elected official by a gang of mountebanks stooges and tools by an sneer hand de-legitimizes any democratic pretensions that may have been floundering around on this ship of state's poop deck.

But then again there is NOTHNG that any serious student of politics (the roughest of sports) would call democratic in Amerika or any of the other corporatista-driven Western democracies.

Anyone who witnesses the quadrophonic-centennial doofus festivals that elect 'marka's political show ponies could testify to that.

Democracy itself was a myth here until it got the Yingster into the driver's seat.

A swarm of Capitol city hooligans, mountebanks, and goofs ran her out.

The suggestion by some that Thaksin was any more corrupt than the colostomy crowd that is very much in play here is to betray one's ignorance.

Read a book or two ?

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

Not only a myth in thailand.

1 book was enough. No need to know more.

A prime minister is not like a president, they can be replaced at any time without a public election.

If the Prime Minister is no longer an MP then they don't qualify to be Prime Minister. The court certainly has the power to ban people from politics so this is valid.

Personally I suspect she was forced into the job and is probably glad it's all over.

On the first one, it may be UK rules, but not Thai rules when the government is in the Caretaker Status.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Democracy is a lot of work. Sometimes it takes a few life times to become a truly democratic

country. I would rather have the Thailand situation than to have the Ukraine or Syria

situation. If any of you think that living in a democratic country means that there is no corruption

at all. Ha, Ha. You are dreaming! The expats and other people who are lucky enough to live or spend time in Thailand should feel good about their lives. Rich enough that you don't have to always live in your own country for the whole year. If you live in Canada as I do, you will know what I mean.

The Winters here are harder to take as I get older, and I feel very fortunate that I can travel to Thailand every year or two and escape some of the cold weather. I do hope that someday the Thai

people will be able to have a democratic government that is working for the people and for the

country of Thailand. For now it seems as if some of the present and former governments were only out to mostly fill their own pockets and those of their family and friends, first and then

to help out Thailand after that. Of course this is only my own opinion, and I have been lucky enough to have been born and raised in Canada. As for corruption with in my own province.

The former premier has been forced to leave her position and be a MLA until we can vote for a new premier. I am not sure what reasons caused her down fall, a $48 thousand dollar trip to Africa,

A penthouse apartment starting to get built for her to live in during her reign as Premier,

or one of the other overspending ways of tax payer dollars. The result is that she is gone!

Thank God for democracy!

Stargrazer

Was Yinglucks' Removal from Power actually Lawful?

I am not realy expecting a serious answer to the question.
Politics aside, she is quite hot.

... and your expectation was rewarded ... rolleyes.gif ;b++){var>

• Like 1