Golf Course Conditions in Hua-Hin

lyn

We are a group of golfers going to Hua-Hin next week (17-24.05.14) and looking to play at 4 of the following 5 courses - Banyon Tree, SeaPines, Springfield, Majestic & Palm Hills. Can you advise the present condition of these courses and if there are any expected changes (holitising etc.) between now and 24.05.?

We'd like to play at Black Mountain but have been quoted ridiculous green fees especially for low season, any suggestions for obtaining lower fees at this course would be appreciated!

Thanks

Cough up the money and play Black Mountain instead of Palm Hills if you are half decent golfers. In my opinion, it's one of the nicest course in Thailand which is one of the reason, it's not discounted. I think you will enjoy your trip, though I haven't played these courses this year yet, they've always been in good nick apart from Majestic that used to have so so maintenance though it's been taken over and is apparently much better. It's a fun and interesting layout in any case unlike Palm Hills which is in my opinion, one of the least interesting courses I've ever played.

My favorite one to play is actually Sea Pines, it's the only layout by the water, it's in good shape and so close to town. There's a Hua Hin golf board where you might get more recent feedback.

I am a member at Majestic and the course is in good shape. Palm Hills (which I do think is a nice course) has a promotion until end of June--1.300 for greens fee, caddy and cart all in. I would also suggest Royal Hua Hin which is the oldest course in Thailand. A bit rough around the edges, but quite beautiful with many old graceful trees (and no water....). Royal has discounted greens fee of 800 on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Banyon is beautiful but expensive and quite difficult. Enjoy.

You have to play BlackMountain...Just as good is Banyan....Springfield is challanging and well kept...SeaPines very pleasant especialaly the last three holes running along the beach!

Looking forward to my golf trip to HH mid June smile.png