Work Permit expiry. Visa extension validity. Options?

Hi, I am also have a similar case as i have resigned my job and my work permit will be cancelled on the 24th June 2014, same day that my visa expires. Can I apply for the 7 day visa extension on this day and have it granted same day? Is this the maximum extension I can apply for? and if longer what is the maximum possible? what is cost etc?

When I leave the country obviously I should travel by air so I am wondering which is the cheapest port to travel to and apply for a tourist visa until I start a new job and get another work permit and what will be the maximum stay possible without having to travel again. I am an Australian National.

Hi, I am also have a similar case as i have resigned my job and my work permit will be cancelled on the 24th June 2014, same day that my visa expires. Can I apply for the 7 day visa extension on this day and have it granted same day? Is this the maximum extension I can apply for? and if longer what is the maximum possible? what is cost etc?

When I leave the country obviously I should travel by air so I am wondering which is the cheapest port to travel to and apply for a tourist visa until I start a new job and get another work permit and what will be the maximum stay possible without having to travel again. I am an Australian National.

Seven days is longest you can get. Cost will be 1900 baht. It will be done while you wait.

You don't have to fly out of the country.

Vientiane will do a 2 entry tourist visa that would give you almost 6 months with only one border run. Nok Air has a fly/ride service via Udon Thani to Vientiane. Or you can fly Air Asia to Udon and take a van to the bridge in Nong Kai.

Penang will do a single entry.

• Like 1

Seven days is longest you can get. Cost will be 1900 baht. It will be done while you wait.

You don't have to fly out of the country.

Vientiane will do a 2 entry tourist visa that would give you almost 6 months with only one border run. Nok Air has a fly/ride service via Udon Thani to Vientiane. Or you can fly Air Asia to Udon and take a van to the bridge in Nong Kai.

Penang will do a single entry.

Thank you Ubonjoe, this information is very helpful.

So the stay required in Vientiane would be an overnight one I guess? How about the cost of the double entry tourist visa?

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text