CAPO reiterated that PDRC’s movement unlawful

Lite Beer

CAPO reiterated that PDRC’s movement unlawful

BANGKOK, 10 April 2014 (NNT) – The Center for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) has reiterated that the demonstrations staged by the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) are in violation of the law.

CAPO has released its 6th announcement, calling on the general public not to join in the rallies and become a political tool for the PDRC group. It said 51 core leaders of the PDRC will face legal charges on grounds of treason and insurrection. The center added that the anti-government demonstrators have done some great damage to the nation.

Furthermore, the Anti-Money Laundering Office (AMLO) is set to file terrorism and money laundering charges against PDRC leader Suthep Thaugsuban and will soon freeze all his financial assets.

The center also condemned Mr. Suthep and his followers for occupying several TV stations and the Government House as well as threatening the media not to broadcast any movement or announcement made by the government-appointed CAPO, and instead present news that is related to its campaign.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-05-11 footer_n.gif

If a permit has been issued it is legal if not, it is un lawful, just like the other side ,have they got any permits to march ,hold protests , prevent entertainers from performing , threaten , permits anyone , tit for tat is not going to curtail Thailand's problems , just makes it worse.bah.gif

• Like 1

I see its the CAPO has issued this statement and not a named person, could that be because it was given by someone that no longer holds a lawful right to be running the CAPO

Surely it's unconstitutional to make an anonymous government statement

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How can it be unlawful if the PDRC is above the law.

I good reform to put in place would be to have the PDRC obey the laws. Lead by example and the country may just follow you

It seems you forget to add the PTP in your comnents AGAIN! They are both the same in this respect

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Who actually is running CAPO now? Any ideas? Or is the medicine man still in a dubious state of inebriation that he's hallucinating he's still the big boss?

We have an interim elected caretaker primeminister, illegally - as he wasn't even an MP when placed, although that seems not to matter because he is the niece's nephew's second cousin's uncle's brother's son of Thaksin, so all's ok then.

Back to CAPO.. who's the big boss?

Darned... I forgot... he still lives in Dubai. w00t.gif

Edited by Thaiisnotrequired
  • Like 1

CAPO is playing its one-note tune. The same pronouncements, the same and ever more serious charges, the same freezing of assets. None of these are distinguishable from their announcements in November. And they are as effective as they were then. Problem is, the courts and CAPO have never been on the same page. The Constitutional Court affirmed the constitutional right of the PDRC to protest. CAPO has never adhered to that. They operate their own space of legitimacy at CAPO - and it's called a small table in a cavernous room where three people sit with solemn expressions while one makes a statement, giving the unmistakable impression they've never been introduced to laughter.

• Like 1

Hey CAPO:

You state: "The center added that the anti-government demonstrators have done some great damage to the nation."

How about we talk about the HUGE damage done to thi country by the "democratically ellected Government" ? ? ? ? ?

Unbelievable . . . . .

What this country needs is an individual who ACTUALLY cares for its People, its Economy - and to properly organize its Political Infrastructure; such as re-organizing Army (and its role in a true democracy ! !); the Police-Force and its entire Civil Survantry, including the Revenue Department ! ! ! - Root-Out All Corruption & se-up a proper & fair Tax-System. Then; after that forst week (L.O.L.) pay some serious attention to the Education-System and during the weekend following, address the Legal System in this country, which is long-overdue for a complete re-vamp, especially in terms of clear & concise 'language' ! ! Then, after a fortnight, Thailand can only prosper and everybody will be happy "Land of Smiles" will be back . . . . . . .

coffee1.gif

• Like 2

CAPO reiterated that PDRCs movement unlawful

Curious there was no mention of the Red Shirt rally.

Not enough people show up?

Do you think that could be because that were talking about the PDRC rally not the UDD rally? Only one of those had people surrounding TV stations making demands and occupying buildings in the Government House complex,who do you think was acting unlawfully?

If you really want to know how many people turned up at the UDD rally have a look at the front page of the Bangkok Post.

CAPO is playing its one-note tune. The same pronouncements, the same and ever more serious charges, the same freezing of assets. None of these are distinguishable from their announcements in November. And they are as effective as they were then. Problem is, the courts and CAPO have never been on the same page. The Constitutional Court affirmed the constitutional right of the PDRC to protest. CAPO has never adhered to that. They operate their own space of legitimacy at CAPO - and it's called a small table in a cavernous room where three people sit with solemn expressions while one makes a statement, giving the unmistakable impression they've never been introduced to laughter.

Hilarious stuff - you got a laugh out of me reading that

Edited by smedly

Chalerm was implicated in silencing witnesses to his sons killing a policeman in cold blood.

Surapong stands accused of abuse of power by opening up the passport offices at the peak of the great floods to illegally issue a passport to Thaksin.

Tarit stands accused of being unusually wealthy by owning 2 luxury houses in Hua Hin and Korat and of building a resort illegally.

And they collectively come out to say that something is illegal?

Methinks they are not worthy enough

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I good reform to put in place would be to have the PDRC obey the laws. Lead by example and the country may just follow you

Agree. But then the PTP/UDD side would also need to obey the laws. Not something they've been good at. Not surprising when your leader is a fugitive convicted crook with 15 serious charges hanging over is head. Not hard to see why he wants to zero the clock is it?

One of the big problems here is that the rich, elite, amart, well connected, including the mega rich Shin clan are all above the law.

1 good reform would be to enforce all laws equally and impartially and seek justice for all. Ain't gonna happen. Can you really see Thaksin coming back, serving his sentence and fighting all the charges against him in court? Or Suthep going to court? All be swept away at some point. Only the poor do jail time or get killed, apart from the odd murder of a lawyer or rights activist.

• Like 2

Didn't the courts rule it lawful to protest peacefully? Despite regular violent attacks aimed at provocation and intimidation and repeated threats of "legal" action from CAPO for doing something the courts deem legal the protests continue.

Another statement and another example of a Thaksin controlled organization making the law up to suit themselves and trying to apply it. These people will never learn or change.

• Like 2

Agree. But then the PTP/UDD side would also need to obey the laws. Not something they've been good at. Not surprising when your leader is a fugitive convicted crook with 15 serious charges hanging over is head. Not hard to see why he wants to zero the clock is it?

One of the big problems here is that the rich, elite, amart, well connected, including the mega rich Shin clan are all above the law.

1 good reform would be to enforce all laws equally and impartially and seek justice for all. Ain't gonna happen. Can you really see Thaksin coming back, serving his sentence and fighting all the charges against him in court? Or Suthep going to court? All be swept away at some point. Only the poor do jail time or get killed, apart from the odd murder of a lawyer or rights activist.

Who is my leader? I is not that lowlife piece of excrement called Thaksin and it's definitely not the lowlife lunatic Suthep or his evil monk. I can't stand Abashit either so could you enlighten me as to who my leader is? Abbott isn't a fugitive, he may be a slimy little worm but he hasn't been convicted of anything yet.

Furthermore, the Anti-Money Laundering Office (AMLO) is set to file terrorism and money laundering charges against PDRC leader Suthep Thaugsuban and will soon freeze all his financial assets.

Ah the Thaksin ploy. Previously used by him against journalists and others who didn't buy his lies.

With this being an apparently anonymous CAPO statement are they in their death throes?

• Like 1