Are the times to make profit on eBay over better sale on Amazon ?

Hello!

I use eBay now since over 10 years, for resell , to generate profit , in the beginning was great up to 15 sales a month of electronic goods but to year ago it beginn to slow down!

I read many seller secret guides but non of then real works !

Fees and postage high, so the profit is here but very low!

I think amazon is reason everyone

Want free shipping and guarantee !

That eBay cannot offer!

With coffee mashine I could generate some money in the past !

But the problem is the extrem low price on eBay of large company, sometime cheaper then on amazon

It's also in real life the problem!

A friend in my hone country open network security company server software sap and the setup of Cisco server etc!

When he want buy the software lifence direct from the manufacturer , the price is even more higher then on amazon for the end customer!

And here the problems begin!

What we have to sale,to generate profit!

After calculating price of same products in diffrent market over 10 years only rare electronic goods from the 90's

That are not avalible anymore are good for sale!

I never sold anything on amazon yet, but I want try now!

Need some more information, can everybody sale on amazon uk

Or us , also when there account is registered in another country?

Amazon fees also 10 Procent for sale same then on eBay!

Thx for input your expirience!

I also use Amazon to sell electronic goods.

There is a world of difference between ebay (I have never used it) and Amazon. Ebay has a more downmarket image as opposed to Amazon, Because of this there is a small premium on price which is an advantage. You can hook your .csv files into Amazon for listings and effectively market through CPC etc. Yes, there are restrictions on which countries can sell on there, have a look at the terms and conditions.

Good luck!

Thx I try to find the guide lands for uk and us but I think it's impossible for me to sale therein Germany prices are it low to mask profit

When I not want give away the goods for free..

One more question what happens on amazon when some customer not happy with the product

Same on eBay with buyers protection?

Amazon kicks you out from sale , and not give any money until

The sale successfully done?

I think ebay has lost many buyers and sellers to their competition , They are expensive and compound that with the cost of paypal, . it adds up, I have items on as listings for 10 days and only 20 views, thats on their international site , Their still ok but there are options.

actually looking at amazon to expand my sales . i make a decent income on ebay to complement my main job source of revenue back in uk )

ebay works at roughly at 11% comission ( ebay + paypal) + listing fee . commission is only 8% when you are a ebay top rated seller

just need to find a niche market or a supplier with very low price . loads of people making money drop shipping goods on ebay althought

The selling fees on Amazon are a bit higher than on Ebay. On Amazon many categories are restricted, if you want to sell in those categories they have to approve you and you need to pay a monthly subscription fee to be a seller ( I think 50 bucks). The requirement to sell in the restricted categories is that you need to have a running e-commerce web site.

If you decide to go with the basic (no monthly fee) subscription and is luck to find a product that does not have restriction they still hold your payments for 2 weeks before they transfer to your account.

Another pain in the ass about Amazon is their requirement of having a unique UPC code for every product you list. Of course you can just go on Ebay and purchase the UPC codes but none the less they make it difficult.

Per my experience Ebay is still far better than Amazon.

I just closed my store after 40 years, finally capitulating to the Internet and The Bezos. People ask me why I don't sell online. And the answer is quite simple: my vendors are the ones now doing the selling either directly or through a front company, mostly on Amazon. And they have arrangements with Amazon, actually just algorithms, that notify them the moment I would attempt to sell their widget at a price lower than they are selling the same widget. Unless you own the patent or the license to sell the product, your chances of making much profit selling widgets online are quite low. But you can still make some money on used items and collectibles on Ebay, but your profit will be based on the buy side and not the sales price.

I am a seller on Amazon and they charge 25% free to the seller when you make a sale. Ebay is closer to 13% when you add the listing fee and sales fee.

The fees Amazon charge are £25 per month standing charge and for electronic goods a referral fee of 7%. I don't know why you would be paying 25%.

I think it is hard to find a product that is yours and not everyone can sell cheaply,

If you look at some of the listings from china the price is very low and they also get cheap post office shipping,

We are trying to make some unique items ourselves , but really if they sold well it would only be a matter of time before someone would copy our idea......

So be a moving target , get in, make profit ( do not buy too many) and get out to the next thing.....

have a list of projects that you think will work , hand make some prototypes to sit on your desk and look at , plus work on the sales brochure if you do decide to make them.....

But its not as easy as everyone thinks , and its hard work....but I love it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Beware of selling on Amazon. I have sold on both websites for a long time and noticed a disturbing trend starting several years ago where Amazon.com will almost always side with the buyer in disputes. I have gotten scammed too often by buyers swapping their used of defective items when they bought mine and Amazon made me accept their items. This is especially bad when you are selling collectable items like unopened classic video games or rare CDs with no scratches on them. I also find Amazon fees to be higher than eBay's.