Shocked With Khao San Road

Brit Warrior

My wife and I were on a trip to Bangkok last week we went to Khao San Road during the day time and were shocked to see young people who had obviously been taking hard, class A drugs. I of course had heard about KSR’s reputation but was shocked to see this behaviour during the day time. I was scared for my wife’s and daughter’s well- being. It seems the war on drugs is being lost with these young, western layabouts being the worst of the lot.

My wife and I were on a trip to Bangkok last week we went to Khao San Road during the day time and were shocked to see young people who had obviously been taking hard, class A drugs.

And you saw them taking Class A drugs with your very own eyes?

I do not condone the use of drugs, but unless you actually saw it happening, how can you be sure your suspicions are correct?

Not very pleasant, and a reason that I stay away from the place these days. However apart from the distorted faces I'm sure your family were quite safe.

The worrying this is if you knew that they had been taking class A drugs then the Tourist police would also know this.

If only Thaksin's 'shoot first' policy on drug offenders extended past his own people...

My wife and I were on a trip to Bangkok last week we went to Khao San Road during the day time and were shocked to see young people who had obviously been taking hard, class A drugs.

And you saw them taking Class A drugs with your very own eyes?

I do not condone the use of drugs, but unless you actually saw it happening, how can you be sure your suspicions are correct?

Because Chang light doesnt make your eyeballs roll in your head and make you chew holes in your cheeks. Anyone under 40 who has lived in a city with a population of 5 or above can spot someone on class As at a thousand paces.

While there has always been a percentage of the Khao San crowd who take lighter or heavy drugs, your post represents something well out of the ordinary.

The last few years, if anything, the road has been going upmarket and attracted more investment in mid to high-end establishments. In my experience there are more seedy characters in the Nana area than on KSR , although both of them get their share.

Most guest houses now report suspected drug offenders to the police.

I have been over there many times <not my fave place .. but a nice change every once in awhile> I'd have to say that the original post is just rubbish ... or an extreme abberration ...

and yes Beer Chang WILL cause you to chew holes in your cheeks ...

I'm sorry but i can't believe it either.

When i am in Bangkok, i often go out drinking on KSR. I also go there occassionally during the day time.

A load of people wandering around during the day time looking like they have taken class As?

what have you been smoking?

I'm sorry but i can't believe it either.

When i am in Bangkok, i often go out drinking on KSR. I also go there occassionally during the day time.

A load of people wandering around during the day time looking like they have taken class As?

what have you been smoking?

Since where did the OP say there were a load of them? All he said was he saw people on KSR who had taked class As. I've seen people too chewing their faces off at 9 in the morning when I have been there on an early morning photo shoot.

you are right, the OP doesn't say there were loads. But from the post there were obviously a few.

"I was scared for my wife’s and daughter’s well- being. It seems the war on drugs is being lost with these young, western layabouts being the worst of the lot."

so does this imply that there was 1 or maybe 2?

Kao Saan Seems a lot cleaner nowdays and I've only been here for ten years. It must have been nuts in the 80's.

Love is the drug on Sukumvit.

Wierdos will be wierdos wherever they are.

Some people are dirty. They should take baths.

Some people take drugs. They should go easy.

Some people drink(another drug). They should go easy.

Some people horde. They should go easy.

Some people fart. They shouldn't do it in elevators.

shocked to see young people who had obviously been taking hard, class A drugs.

I'm glad you know the signs.

But are you sure you are were on KSR?

KSR has always been the area where young professionals taking time out from work, and students taking a gap year. Mostly middleclass, well educated and pretty well off.

As noted above, it's been going up market too.

Something that has not gone amiss on Bangkok's own Middleclass, well educated and well off kids, who head down their to meet and enjoy time with foreigners of their own age and similar outlook.

Whenever I've been down KSR the most shocking thing I've seen is the prices of the tack on sale from the sidewalk stalls.

However, being offended by young people being young people and doing what young people do is not necessarily a bad thing. i) It gives young people that sense of comfort that they are upsetting old fuddy duddies ii) It confirms the accusors credentials to join his aged compatriates in that same old fuddy duddy club.

Next time get out of the car and ask someone to confirm you are on KSR, do so as a rouse to strike up a converstation with the kids hanging around there, you'll be surprised just how normal they are.

I'll venture, not unlike most of us when we were younger.

I used to drink on KSR quite a lot. The ex gf used to work there. I have seen some sights. But the OP is definately on the wind up. I still have many friends who work there. True KSR has gone a bit up market now. I think its changed for the worse.IMHO. But i will still go there now and again. I usual;ly drink at the Kao San Centre or the Irish bar upstairs.

My wife and I were on a trip to Bangkok last week we went to Khao San Road during the day time and were shocked to see young people who had obviously been taking hard, class A drugs. I of course had heard about KSR’s reputation but was shocked to see this behaviour during the day time. I was scared for my wife’s and daughter’s well- being. It seems the war on drugs is being lost with these young, western layabouts being the worst of the lot.

BS

TROLL. :o

Thread closed.