Single entry non-immigrant ED visa

In June of last year, I obtained a single entry non-immigrant ED visa and in Sept I commenced obtaining 90 day extensions. I actually started the language course on 24 August 13 and due to finish on 28 June this year.

According to my school, the visa expires in July this year and I have been given the necessary paperwork for a further extension which I will be applying for this week.

According to TM7 – Application for extension, the school have written extension for a further 90 days.

My question is, will I get a further 90 days extension which will bring it up to August or will they only give me part of 90 days up to July when my visa expires?

When I complete the language course, I will again be applying for a further non-immigrant O visa (married to a Thai).

Cheers.

The new extension will start from the date your current extension of stay ends like all the others have.Your visa expired long ago and it means nothing now.

Enrolling for additional studies does not change the date for when your next extension is due.

The new extension will start from the date your current extension of stay ends like all the others have.Your visa expired long ago and it means nothing now.

Enrolling for additional studies does not change the date for when your next extension is due.

Therefore in other words, my current extension of stay ends 01 June and when I apply again this week, I will get a further 90 days extension. Is that correct Ubonjoe? Very similar to a non immigrant O visa when you can activate visa runs up to 15 months.

I too was confused when the language school said the visa expires in July this year.

Therefore in other words, my current extension of stay ends 01 June and when I apply again this week, I will get a further 90 days extension. Is that correct Ubonjoe? Very similar to a non immigrant O visa when you can activate visa runs up to 15 months.

I too was confused when the language school said the visa expires in July this year.

And of course, a single entry ED visa can last indefinitely or should I say, depending on that school, say up to 3/5 years or until such time you terminate the course.

Continuation of 90 day extensions until you decide to finish Thai studies. As in the case of a non-immigrant O visa, it can be extended via visa runs up to 15 months and then of course you would need to visit immigration for further extensions.

Edited by bobroper

Your visa went away long ago. You have been extending the 90 day permit to stay the visa allowed you to obtain on entry. You can keep extending that permit stay indefinably as long as you have the supporting documents to do it.

A multiple entry visa allows you to obtain 90 day entries for one year. You are getting new entries not extensions when leave the country and then re-enter.

• Like 1

An education visa is good normally for one year, you have to check in every ninety days' if you check in on may 5 and your education visa expires on May 15 you will only be given 10 days. You will have to renew your education visa before the 10 days expire. As long as I am enrolled in class mine are always for one year periods. I am attending a university not just a language school.

Edited by ubonjoe
Changed font size

An education visa is good normally for one year, you have to check in every ninety days' if you check in on may 5 and your education visa expires on May 15 you will only be given 10 days. You will have to renew your education visa before the 10 days expire. As long as I am enrolled in class mine are always for one year periods. I am attending a university not just a language school.

It is not an education visa. It is an extension of stay based upon attending school. Visas are not extended.

Extensions can be issued for up to one year. If you qualify based upon the documents from the school for another one year extension you will get a full year when you apply.

If the documents do not support an extension for a full year the extension will only be valid up to the date they allow.

hello, actually i am on Ed visa, and i make the first renewal. So as far as i understand after the first year, they will then give me an extension of 1 full year and not only 90 days?

thank you for the info

hello, actually i am on Ed visa, and i make the first renewal. So as far as i understand after the first year, they will then give me an extension of 1 full year and not only 90 days?

thank you for the info.

You will not get a one year extension unless you are attending a University. Language school extensions may be as little as 90 days.