Bringing Pets From Abroad Directly To Cnx

Priceless

My apologies if this should rightfully be in the Plants, Pets & Vets forum, but since my question is CNX-specific here goes: My wife and I will arrive in Chiang Mai from Sweden in October, to hopefully stay permanently. We will be bringing our four cats and Thai Airways have happily booked both us and the cats directly through to CNX, i.e. that is where we will pass immigration and customs.

Does anybody have personal experience or know the score on veterinary inspection, issue of import licence etc at CNX? At BKK there is apparently an Animal Quarantine station in the luggage retrieval hall, but what about CNX? I have certainly never seen one, but on the other hand I haven't looked either...

Hopefully there will either be a resident vet or we will be able to just walk through to freedom with no hassle, but since TIT I have this gnawing fear that they may send us back to BKK to see the vet there :o (Apparently the vet inspection there consists of taking the animal's temperature, signing a number of forms and charging THB 50, but that is beside the point of my worries :D )

TIA for any info :D

Priceless

We brought cats and dogs and they never underwent any inspection at all. But that was quite a few years ago now.

As long as you have all the paperwork correct from Sweden, you should have no problems.

My sincerest sympathies. Pray tell what type of malady does your wife have????

:o:D

Hey Gonzo mate, you're definately getting worse. why not try upping the doseage of Sang Som before breakfast :D

The dam* truck didn't stop this morning. Had to resort to dated grape kool Aid mixed with the prune juice.

Does somewhat offer an answer to the high prices of gas

:D

We brought cats and dogs and they never underwent any inspection at all. But that was quite a few years ago now.

As long as you have all the paperwork correct from Sweden, you should have no problems.

Hi,

I agree with P1p, if your paperwork is correct there shouldn't be much of a problem.