Registering co.th domain, need help

Fl0wers

Hello,

I have a registered company in Thailand and I'm aware that I can only register a co.th domain name that is the exact name of the company.

I have already tried to register through thaidomainhosting.com. I have paid the fee for registration and 1 year hosting but they don't return my emails and it's all quiet since 3 weeks so I guess I will never see that money again.

My question is thus: are there any reliable co.th Domain Agencies that can help me with this?

Any recommendations?

Edited by Fl0wers

Why not save thatbig money for .th and buy a .com

The domain is not available as a .com and my company is Thailand-based.

Thaidomainhosting have a call centre. Have you called it?

CALL CENTER: +6683 420-7447

Yes, I suppose I should really do that. But as they haven't returned my emails in weeks I don't have that much hope for any luck. So to spare me the eventual headache by the phone I made this thread for recommendation of a quick and easy Thai Domain Registering Agency.

Edited by Fl0wers

Up to you of course but where your company is based is irrelevant. Why not make your domain something simple like widgetsthai.com or thaiwidgets.com....i looked at the cost of .th and its stupid money...remember the name although important is not what sells.

My .com website is at the top in thailand with searches from a thai ip.

Who would have though nike.com had something to do with shoes.

Why not save thatbig money for .th and buy a .com

The domain is not available as a .com and my company is Thailand-based.

Thaidomainhosting have a call centre. Have you called it?

CALL CENTER: +6683 420-7447

Yes, I suppose I should really do that. But as they haven't returned my emails in weeks I don't have that much hope for any luck. So to spare me the eventual headache by the phone I made this thread for recommendation of a quick and easy Thai Domain Registering Agency.

Why throw your money away for the sake of a quick phone call?

Get your receipt in front of you and ring them.

If nothing else, they may have blocked off your domain name.

If the phone call is a waste of time, it's not going to break the bank. If it isn't, you've saved yourself spending more money.

You should first check to see if they have registered the name you want through a "Who Is" service. If they have then you'll not be able to get it elsewhere and would have no option but to deal with them. If it has not been registered then you could forget them (and the money you paid) and try elsewhere.

for .co.th, in.th, and in effect ANY .th domain name, there is only one authority: the www.thnic.net. anybody else is just a reseller and will have to purchase any .co.th domain with www.thnic.net (i know, as i have a company here in thailand which is doing that, among other web services...:))

so, you can either register with any reseller offering this or go directly and register at www.thnic.net. I'd surely be interested to know what the company you ordered it from charged you in fees...:)

i don't think so that you have to register with the exact company name!!!!! this is not true.

as I know, you always have to accept the rules which this name you\re registering IS belong to your company, not the property of other entity.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

quote:

i don't think so that you have to register with the exact company name!!!!! this is not true.

as I know, you always have to accept the rules which this name you\re registering IS belong to your company, not the property of other entity.

reply:

for a .co.th you have to. it can also be an official shortcut of the name. also, a registered trademark could be used as .co.th. otherwise you'd have to use .in.th, which can be any name, but has to be registered on a person with a thai id and contact address, not a company....

Edited by thailandpeter2

From a SEO (Search Engine Optimization) view it's better to have what you sell / service than the company name.If the site is your main marketing promotion I suggest you put extra effort to find the right name to get it ranked by Google If yourdomainname.com is not available buy a .biz equally good as .com nowadays but check your competion. You are more international with a .com or .biz domain. whois dot com or namecheap dot com. If you get your Thai domain later it's easy to redirect to it. Send me a PM if you need more help / Ola

As stated cut out the middleman and always use thnic...they are the only official source. Also get a thai to phone the previous company, emailing in english will normally go ignored.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I did this, ( but being British was a problem) so i did it in my Mia's name and used her Nationality ID Card Number as proof, ( only way around it that i found mate). I now have a .co.asia.

Edited by lucifer666

• 1 year later...

Solutions for your problem can be special trustee and local presence services for particular domain names with restrictions. There are several companies who offer those services for restricted domains, like .CO.TH that you've talked about. Last year I needed Thai domain too, but it's quite difficult to find reliable company who offer trusted .co.th services. Finally I've found Web-Solutions.eu and can honestly recommend them.

Here you can find more info about purchase thai domain: https://web-solutions.eu/co-th-domain-name-registration.htm