The King And Queen Of Lesotho Will Visit Chiang Mai From June 14 To 17

Jai Dee

The King and Queen of Lesotho will visit Chiang Mai from June 14 to 17

King Letsie III and Queen Masenate Mohato Seeiso of Lesotho will visit Chiang Mai from June 14 to 17.

Chiang Mai governor Suwat Tantipat (สุวัฒน์ ตันติพัฒน์) said the King and Queen of Lesotho are scheduled to visit Huay Hong Krai (ห้วยฮ่องไคร้) Development Center, handicraft center at Ban Thawai (บ้านถวาย) in Hang Dong (หางดง) district and Doi Suthep temple.

Thailand and Lesotho established diplomatic ties on April 17, 1989.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 14 June 2006

Embarrassed to say I had to look this one up.(Lesotho).

"Basutoland was renamed the Kingdom of Lesotho upon independence from the UK in 1966. The Basuto National Party ruled for the first two decades. King MOSHOESHOE was exiled in 1990, but returned to Lesotho in 1992 and reinstated in 1995. Constitutional government was restored in 1993 after 7 years of military rule. In 1998, violent protests and a military mutiny following a contentious election prompted a brief but bloody intervention by South African and Botswanan military forces under the aegis of the Southern African Development Community. Constitutional reforms have since restored political stability; peaceful parliamentary elections were held in 2002."

Source: CIA - The World Factbook

Edited by tywais

Embarrassed to say I had to look this one up.(Lesotho).

Source: CIA - The World Factbook

Tut tut Tywais, shame on you :o I was there in '67 just after independence, and the place was a shambles, and on doing a quick check today it would appear that it's not to be placed at the top of your holiday destinations list........................A sad state of affairs :D

"According to recent estimates, the HIV/AIDS prevalence rate in Lesotho is about 29%, one of the highest rates in the world. The United Nations estimates that this rate will rise to 36% within the next 15 years, resulting in a sharp drop in life expectancy. According to the Lesotho Bureau of Statistics, in 2001 life expectancy was estimated at 48 for men and 56 for women. Recent statistics estimate that life expectancy has fallen to an average of about 37 years.

source Wikipedia

Sorry for being OFF TOPIC, but Maejo what happened to your Knights Templar avatar?

Oh, and thanks for the Geography lesson, I knew that Lesotho was somewhere in Africa, aside from that I was clueless.

Reason for the change is that we are currently just on half way through the F1 calendar, and I'm doing a little flag waving :D Sir Shaftalot will return.

Back on topic.....Lesotho really is a dirt poor country, and any body that grumbles about Thailand, should take a trip there :o

The King and Queen of Lesotho will visit Chiang Mai from June 14 to 17

King Letsie III and Queen Masenate Mohato Seeiso of Lesotho will visit Chiang Mai from June 14 to 17.

Chiang Mai governor Suwat Tantipat (สุวัฒน์ ตันติพัฒน์) said the King and Queen of Lesotho are scheduled to visit Huay Hong Krai (ห้วยฮ่องไคร้) Development Center, handicraft center at Ban Thawai (บ้านถวาย) in Hang Dong (หางดง) district and Doi Suthep temple.

Thailand and Lesotho established diplomatic ties on April 17, 1989.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 14 June 2006

Please tell me they ain't gonna shut the bars :o