Eloop E13 13,000mAh power banks- anyone tried one?

blorg

These are nice and slim power banks which are made possible by the use of lithium polymer batteries (like in your phone) rather than cylindrical 18650 cells.

This is the bank in question: http://pantip.com/topic/31551691

These are for sale in MBK/Pantip/Fortune from around 850B which is a very good price for 13,000mAh. And the size is great too.

I'm just a bit concerned that on buying one the capacity might turn out to be not as advertised- anyone tried one? Power Banks are only about 70% efficient due to power losses converting so I would only expect around 9,000mAh of actual charge out of it- but if I did get that I'd be very happy.

On the link above people are warning about fakes, there is a link to a website you can apparently put a code in to check for that.

If anyone has experience with this power bank I'd be very interested, it seems all the rage at the moment in the above malls and many of the sellers are recommending it.

I bought one from lazada on Tuesday it arrived yesterday. I looked at that link you posted to see if it was a fake everything checked out fine. Was 850 baht free delivery. Charges fast with the 2.1 A that's the only one I've tried. Seems like a good buy.

Yes there is a sticker in the bottom right corner on the bottom of the sticker there is a grey part similar to when you scratch a pretty paid phone card there is a 16 digit code. You go to www.china3-15.com and check the number.

Pretty much anywhere, there were hundreds of stalls that had it. Just check for the sticker, some boxes didn't have it.

I bought one in MBK in the end, 4th floor. But they also had it in Pantip and Fortune Town.

It works OK and I am happy with it at the price (800B after negotiating) but it is certainly below 13,000mAh. I'd estimate it at 10,200-11,500.

It had a sticker which verified as OK but the whole thing was in Chinese. Also the box was open and the printing on one word slightly off, which I noticed it wasn't on other boxes... Difficult to tell but I think it's genuine.

10,200-11,500mAh in a nice thin form factor for 800B is fine with me though.

Edited by blorg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought one in old china town (wholesale cellphone case store in bkk) for 550 b.

Worker for a day, then it seemed to short circuit when I was charging my iphone; hasn't worked since.

Has the "Chinese fake" website on it also.

China3-15 .... Yes Chinese copy themselves as well as every other western product. Seems like a waste of money

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...