Different flours

Can anyone fill me in upon the flours available here, and preferences.

I just came back with a spinning head after looking for plain flour ( I found good old mcdouglles in the reduced bin) down at tops ..

You have, special flour, cake flour, special cake flour, bread flour. Im confused, what happened to plain or SRF.

Anyone have any opinions on imported Vs. Thai brand ?

I was looking for high & low gluten wheat flour .. For Taiwanese Bao's which are Sala pao dough at the end of the day. There is a Thai high gluten flour, but its made with sticky rice, which im sure is fine. Low gluten = plain ? Which is what ? cake flour ?

What about a good bread flour ?

Also, what is baking ammonia, and where can i find it ? ( its used in Pat-ong go, so cant be that hard to find )

Read the packet:

Swan = Bread flour high gluten

Cake flour = cake flour low gluten

All purpose flour = all purpose

SRF does not exist here but if you google SRF you will find out how much baking powder to add!

lol .. yeah, I was reading the blurred Thai text that covers the back of the pack which is what did my head in.

Then the panel in English .. Special flour - great for cakes, Super Special flour = great for cakes, All purpose flour ( wasnt on sale at TOPS ) is I now found labled as wheat flour .. which is plain flour ? ( great for cakes ? ) but arent all of these (thai) flours made of wheat with the exception of rice flours ?

SRF is available here.

Edited by recom273

OK .. Im winning, after a few leads and a bit of surfing of the web at home.

Swan = High gluten bread flour

Kite = Wheat flour, which is a general purpose, which us Brits call Plain flour ?

Royal fan = Cake flour

Red Lotus = Special flour ( which im presuming is the lowest gluten content of the Thai flours ? )