Karaoke waitress shot dead in front of well-known Phuket pub

webfact

Karaoke waitress shot dead in front of well-known Phuket pub

Eakkapop Thongtub

1400228327_1-org.jpg
The Saraphan Pleng pub. The women died in the road outside.

PHUKET: -- A 35-year-old karaoke waitress was shot dead early this morning (May 16) in front of one of the island’s best-known live music pubs, Sarapan Pleng on Patak Rd in Chalong.

After receiving the call at 4am, Chalong police arrived to find the body of Nootsika Glaseuk from Ranong lying on the sidewalk surrounded by a large crowd of onlookers.

Ms Nootsika, who worked at the nearby Ginggaew Karaoke had been shot in the right side of her head, causing instantaneous death.

Questioning witnesses, officers learned that the victim had gone to the pub to eat and drink with friends. She left about 20 minutes later.

As she walked out a single shot was heard, fired from a pick-up truck driving west on Patak Rd (on the same side of the road as the pub) towards Chalong Circle.

Ms Nootsika collapsed on the ground.

It happened so fast that no one could give details of the truck, even its colour.

Police are working on the theory that Ms Nootsika was not specifically targeted, but was an innocent victim of the gunman who was shooting indiscriminately at the bar.

Investigators are examining security camera footage to try to identify the vehicle and the killer.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/karaoke-waitress-shot-dead-in-front-of-well-known-phuket-pub-46299.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-05-16

Phuket woman gunned down in Chalong
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- A woman was gunned down at the Saraphan Pleng Pub in Chalong early this morning.

Nuchsika Klasuek, 35, was shot in the head after leaving the popular live-music pub at about 4am by an unidentified suspect inside a pick-up truck.

“Eyewitnesses said the pick-up truck was heading toward Chalong Circle on Patak Road when one shot was fired directly toward the pub. The round of ammunition hit Ms Nuchsika in the head, killing her,” said Chalong Police Superintendent Krittapas Dazintharasorn.

“At this stage we don’t believe that Ms Nuchsika was the intended target. It seems like the shooter was trying to fire into the bar.”

Ms Nuchsika, a waitress at King Kaew Karaoke, had left the bar after having spent about 20 minutes inside with friends, Col Krittapas explained.

“Nobody was able to identify the the pick-up truck, and it had no licence plate,” Col Krittapas said.

Police are checking CCTV in the area and entertaining the possibility that more than one person was involved in the killing.

— Kritsada Mueanhawong

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-woman-gunned-down-Chalong/29459

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-05-16

The last guy murdered was a top cop's brother who also acted as a debt collector.

That's the type of clientele you find in this establishment, and that's probably why the police are initially considering it a mistake, albeit a tragic one.

They know this bar well, it seems.

Dreadful - even if it was an accident that she was shot - the shooter must be caught and charged with murder - should be put to death too.

What if they arrest the wrong guy ?

Oh please, the Burmese fisherman has already confessed that he was the one. :(

I'm betting that someone with a small penis is some how involved in this. :rolleyes:

It is a paradigm whereby the criminals are ruthless because they can and the law continues to be ineffective at all levels from the top down. You only have to read the papers to see politicians, influential families, business and just about every-one else "getting away it" more often than not. Until crime and punishment have equal standing, very sadly, this lawlessness in society will continue.

Wait, she went out to eat and drink with friends and then left 20 minutes later? SO we are to believe she ate and drank all in 20 minutes.. or am I not reading this right? Maybe I need coffee...

Maybe she went outside to talk on her phone.

Thais have a great mobile phone etiqutte, they wouldn't use one while others are eating.

• Like 1

“At this stage we don’t believe that Ms Nuchsika was the intended target. It seems like the shooter was trying to fire into the bar.”

Aww, was the poor little fella refused entry or asked nicely to stop sexually abusing the staff without paying them first?

This was the 2nd murder in 1 year in ths pub i hope now close this bar for ever. Very loud music till 4am and hundred drunk thais arond it.

No chance.

Check out the owners.

It's not the police? :huh:

If this woman has been shot in the right side of her head causing instantaneous death, than it appears she was shot at point blank range or from a close range and a specific target for the murderer or murderers.

In the case of an indiscriminate shooting aimed at the bar, than there would have been more than one shot fired and bullets flying everywhere. So it seems there are details that don`t ring true in this case.

As usual I doubt there will be any follow ups or updates regarding this murder, so we will never know the full circumstances that lead up to this unfortunate woman`s death.

Scary $hit... very unlucky if indiscriminate, drive by - sounds more like she was targeted, seems every Hot head Thai carries or has easy access to a gun, not good is it really...

Sounds to me like she was definitely the intended target, probably by a jealous boyfriend. Asians do not kill people indiscriminately like their western counterparts, there had to have been a reason ! Only nutters like "Son of Sam" kill strangers for no reason.

Has anyone noticed that with all the cameras and "witnesses" no one can be caught for this type of crime. Oh, wait, if the shooter volunteers and confesses, then police work will be done.

Dreadful - even if it was an accident that she was shot - the shooter must be caught and charged with murder - should be put to death too.

Shooting indiscriminately once at a bar and hitting someone in the head, somehow

dose not seem to ring true. sounds more like a not to happy boyfriend. Just guessing.

I would think your theory is dead bang on. My money is on a ex boyfriend/husband.

• Like 1

Shooting indiscriminately once at a bar and hitting someone in the head, somehow

dose not seem to ring true. sounds more like a not to happy boyfriend. Just guessing.

Boyfriend we don't know but a not happy some one yes!

If this woman has been shot in the right side of her head causing instantaneous death, than it appears she was shot at point blank range or from a close range and a specific target for the murderer or murderers.

In the case of an indiscriminate shooting aimed at the bar, than there would have been more than one shot fired and bullets flying everywhere. So it seems there are details that don`t ring true in this case.

As usual I doubt there will be any follow ups or updates regarding this murder, so we will never know the full circumstances that lead up to this unfortunate woman`s death.

Not nessesarily ... snipers can be accurate from a great distance !!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Wait, she went out to eat and drink with friends and then left 20 minutes later? SO we are to believe she ate and drank all in 20 minutes.. or am I not reading this right? Maybe I need coffee...

Maybe she went outside to talk on her phone.

Thais have a great mobile phone etiqutte, they wouldn't use one while others are eating.

yes.i have never seen a thai talk on a mobile phone in a restaurant..haha....most posts about thais and phones complain they are never off them..perhaps Som wat is right,she went outside to talk because it is impolite...If so maybee the phone was the target....the bullet in the head an accident..someone tired of coming second in the attention stakes to a mobile phone ?? see we can all write rubbish here

Sounds to me like she was definitely the intended target, probably by a jealous boyfriend. Asians do not kill people indiscriminately like their western counterparts, there had to have been a reason ! Only nutters like "Son of Sam" kill strangers for no reason.

Let the victim RIP and feel for the family. Let the police do their job and trust that some justice will prevent more of this.

no CCTV? or only fake one's?

probably a fake one.....this is why it is taking police so long to make a statement.....they will lose face.....so their statement will have to be that the footage did not show anything.....then mysteriously....the footage will be lost in the 'evidence lockup'.

Amazing Thailand

.....ps......was probably an angry foreigner back to back visa runner

So guys, don't think this is a new weed in PKT. This was happening many times (35, 25, 15, 5, .... yrs ago also).

My view this poor lady was the target cause if some-one ordered to threat on karaoke the gunmen would used grenade, machine gun, etc ....

Not the CCTV but the street cameras will help a lot to identify the vehicle, and this will be the first clue.

And don't think too bad about PKT police detectives, they will clear this case well.