Amorn - do they stock smoke machines an laser lighting?

HooHaa

Just like the title says does anyone know if Amorn Bangkok stocks laser lighting systems and smoke machines? if so, which branch?

if not, anyone know the best place to buy this stuff?

in BKK as stated, thanks

NPE in Zeer has some of these things. The one downtown (Ban Moh) has an even bigger sales floor with a huge assortment of stage lighting and effects devices.

Here is another thread about them: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/207779-where-is-a-good-electronic-parts-store/

Amorn is to NPE as 7-11 is to Tesco.

Edited by attrayant

What is that assessment based on? I serviced consumer audio for ten years in the states and I haven't seen anything particularly substandard about NPE brand.

They also carry some well-known brands. Last time I was there I saw both Sennheiser and Shure recording equipment. Those brands are quite expensive so I ended up getting a basic NPE console microphone, which is well constructed and is still working well.

Regardless, the NPE showroom in Ban Moh is impressive and worth a visit for techies and audiophiles. I don't think you'll find better in Thailand.

Edited by attrayant

There are dozens of small, independent shops in Ban Mo all adjacent. I honestly can't remember which nearby street/alley - if not Ban Mo itself - has these shops.

You can use Streetview on Google Maps for a virtual tour, then go walk around.

• 1 month later...

An old post I know, but just in case. I buy a lot of audio gear from Mahajak on Ramkhamhaeng Road (left hand side just after passing under the Bangna - Bang Pa-In motorway heading towards Minburi). They have a big warehouse in the back and sell all kinds of stuff including smoke machines, lighting systems, consoles, trussing, etc., all the things required for concerts. I think that they also might have a branch somewhere near Soi Nana (Sukhumvit), but I have never gone to that one. I believe that they are the major distributor in Thailand for brands such as Shure annd others, but I could be wrong about this.