Visa Run on Marriage Visa required?

That would all depend on if you had a Visa from a Thai Consul or an extension of stay from Thai Immigration.

With a Non Imm O Visa you get stays of 90 days at a time so have to leave the country every 90 days.

With a 12 month extension of stay you report to immigration every 90 days.

There is no marriage visa.

You can get a multiple entry non immigrant O visa based upon marriage to a Thai at an embassy or consulate that will give 90 day entries for a year.

Or you apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai at immigration if you can meet the financial requirements. You then just make reports of staying in the country for more than 90 days.

Thanks a lot - from what i read its 400,000 baht in the thai bank or 40k monthly income from abroad is that still correct to get the 1 year extension?

Which embassy is the most 'friendly' to go for an O Visa these days?

You can get a multiple entry non- based upon marriage at the consulate in Savannakhet Laos. They do not ask for proof of income.

You can get a single entry non-o from any nearby location.

I had the so-called marriage visa for over a yr here, me American, wife 100% Thai. I did it when my employment visa ran nearly out. I had to supply tons of documentary proof of marriage and living together at the central immigration office in BKK. "Marriage visa" was stamped in English in my passport. It was good for one year, renewable, and I had to report in to immigration office near me every 90 days, fill out form, and get stamp (note that now it appears they are using a stamped piece of ordinary paper with extension note stapled in passport).

My Nakhon Pathom immigration office tried to force me to take a retirement status immediately when applying for renewal of marriage thing, but I did not that day have the documentations for that, and continued the "marriage visa" for another 8 mos. Then retired for sure, I applied and got a retirement one yr renewable visa A-O with need to report in every 90 days.

In none of all this did I have to leave the country.

Thanks a lot - from what i read its 400,000 baht in the thai bank or 40k monthly income from abroad is that still correct to get the 1 year extension?

Which embassy is the most 'friendly' to go for an O Visa these days?