is starbucks a ripoff ?

Showbags

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of experts around here. Why don't you go and start your own coffee house chain since you know so much.

Starbucks franchisee are we?

I don't think anyone claims to be an expert (maybe they do but haven't mentioned it yet), it's just people voicing opinions on tastes.

What do YOU think of SB coffee? You must have an opinion too, surely.

Wait, Starbucks has franchisees?

Do you realize that the majority of people both Thai and farang think that Starbucks is overpriced? You are not in the minority. You are the majority. Yet you speak as if you are in the minority. You speak as if you are proud of yourself for taking a stand and/or have figured something out that others have not. I have seen this topic on Thai Visa half a dozen times. It is the same thing everytime. 95% of the responses pile in about how they hate Starbucks and how only idiots spend money there. There are quite a few topics created on this forum seemingly everyday that follow the same format. The desperation and insecurity is obvious even when it is only a few sentences being expressed.

smile.png Thanks for putting an even wider smile on my face this morning.

Having seen their way of conducting business in the UK vis a vis their taxes, I will never enter the place again.

I am sure they use the same transfer pricing globally. Support a local coffee shop or chain

Just a political persecution and shakedown by the UK. Played well for the mob.

Coffee chain Caffe Nero hasn't paid a penny in corporation tax despite £100MILLION in profits since 2007

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/starbucks-is-right-not-to-pay-uk-tax-because-it-makes-no-profit-says-coffee-chains-tax-advisor-8589459.html

How nice to have the ol' HATE STARBUCKS topic roll around again for another bash. Been a while.

What makes Starbucks not a ripoff but rather priceless is the enjoyment of knowing how many TVF haters you're annoying by going there. I make it point whenever I'm out and want a coffee or a moment of relaxation away from the street scene. It's fun to picture all the gnashing of teeth and soiling of knickers, esp the UK knickers. :) Coffee's OK, service exceptional by Thai standards, atmosphere pleasant. I miss the good music selection played in the USA shops--used to have it here, but seem to have stopped. Obviously one can find cheaper coffee, but the price doesn't bother me. I can afford it, no problem.

Starbucks is doing incredibly well in Thailand. Labor Day in Pattaya I could hardly find a seat at the large branch in Central Festival.

Cheers! :)

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 2

I went today for breakfast: chicken wrap, banana muffin and chocolate coffee. Derishush, and exactly the same breakfast you can get at a starbucks in London.

That's why I like it. It's a home comfort.

Price: its expensive for Bangkok, of course. But It would cost more if I was still living in London, so im happy paying.

Edited by celso