Driver lic.tax & insurance Not the license itself but tax & insurance

Beardog

Does anyone have the info in Pattaya (but not the actual DLT office at regents) where I can go & just pay my insurance (basic) and the Tax certificate?

Thanks I have till tuesday so anyone that knows the location or locations( near Kawasaki?) would be very greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried the search function but for some reason it isn't being co-operative right now.

Thank you again Barry

Mityon in Pattaya used to do this for me and charged about 200 Baht. This was a few years ago.

Try asking at the Kawasaki shop, they may do it or point you towards someone else who does.

Some of the insurance brokers will also offer this service. I think there's one on Sukhumvit road about half way between the Kwakka shop and the Pattaya Tai lights.

Hi

Not 100% sure what you are looking for here. However If you are looking for a place other than the DLT office to renew your Vehicle Tax Disk. You have the option to go on Saturday ONLY to BIG C on the junction of Sukhumvit Rd & Pattaya Thai Rd (South Pattaya Rd) Find the TRUE VISION counter this side of the cash registers, just in front will be a small temporary desk which deals with your vehicle tax. You can get your compulsory insurance here, or if you prefer outside on the road running parallel to Big C you will find AA & Global insurance offices.

I hope that helps

IW

• Like 1

There are a few independent shops along the west side of Sukhumvit that will do it for you.

Just look for the yellow cog sign. Not sure if there is one near the Kawasaki dealer, but I know there is one between Thepprasit and South Pattaya Road and one between Central and Norh Pattaya Road, just by the on ramp to Highway 7, Google Map.

post-70239-0-14095500-1400321743_thumb.j

Here's an old but accurate tread with some more info.

Thanks MTH That is what I am looking for. I remember reading this a while back.

After what Mityon pulled on me with incorrect part swapping 28000 baht later I just gave up & sold the bike. Turns out every baht of the 28000 was a waste it wasn't even close to what the fix was. They are not at all helpful & you need to buy the bike at a mityon to have them attempt helping you. No thanks. Just looking for a legitimate shop that will take the funds & keep my bike legal & up to date. I will go in tuesday & get it taken care of.

Thanks again for all the responses!

I went to the Big C at South Pattaya Rd/Sukhumvit Rd yesterday (Saturday morning) to renew my bike tax & insurance. They were unable to sell me insurance and sent me across the street to AA Insurance to renew the insurance (actual cost plus 20 baht service charge). I then went back to Big C and got the tax sticker (100 baht). Both AA and the Motor Vehicle table open at 9:00 a.m. on Saturdays. AA closes at 1:30 p.m., not sure about the Motor Vehicle setup.

There are a few independent shops along the west side of Sukhumvit that will do it for you.

Just look for the yellow cog sign. Not sure if there is one near the Kawasaki dealer, but I know there is one between Thepprasit and South Pattaya Road and one between Central and Norh Pattaya Road, just by the on ramp to Highway 7, Google Map.

attachicon.gifInspection.jpg

Here's an old but accurate tread with some more info.

There's one of these at the north corner of Suk & Soi Photisan. Soi Photisan is the last big soi just before BKK-PTY Hsp.

just go to the official center which is located on Sukumvit heading north from the junction of Pattaya Klang - once you reach the Ramp for Highway 7 Bangkok it is located on the left just at about were the ramp starts - it is an official government office and is were all the above mentioned places apply for tax and insurance

so just do it yourself

I went to the Big C at South Pattaya Rd/Sukhumvit Rd yesterday (Saturday morning) to renew my bike tax & insurance. They were unable to sell me insurance and sent me across the street to AA Insurance to renew the insurance (actual cost plus 20 baht service charge). I then went back to Big C and got the tax sticker (100 baht). Both AA and the Motor Vehicle table open at 9:00 a.m. on Saturdays. AA closes at 1:30 p.m., not sure about the Motor Vehicle setup.

If your vehicle is more than 5 years old? i assume Big C is not an option as it needs to be put thru a testcoffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif ..............i use the place between South and Central roads think they charge 100 baht for the test and a bit more for getting the tax etc for you.

If your vehicle is more than 5 years old? i assume Big C is not an option as it needs to be put thru a testcoffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif ..............i use the place between South and Central roads think they charge 100 baht for the test and a bit more for getting the tax etc for you.

My bike was not 5 years old, but I think you can go to a test place, get the certificate, then go to AA Insurance, and then Big C. This way you get the tax certificate and insurance policy in your hands the same day.

Just look for the sign MTH posted in his reply between Pattaya Tai and Pattaya Klang on the Sukhumvit Road same side as Honda Big Wing.. My girlfriend taxed and insured our Honda Click (registered in my name) when it was due for renewal at a time I was back in the UK. On my return I taxed and insured my Honda Silverwing there as both licence and insurance had expired. Take the documents in (green book (for bike) etc. pay the fee, collect documents, licence and insurance next day. Far better that going all the way to the government offices by the regents school, no hassle, smiling faces, and a parting comment of 'see you next year'. no problem about tests, and both bikes were over five years old. Great service.

AA Insurance opposite Big C South also provide the whole service. I think they charge 100 Baht commission but very convenient, insurance is instant, tax takes about 2 days.

There are three of them, between Macro and Kawasaki Big Bike, all of them west of Sukhumvit. I hope this will help you.

If it's for your ER6N the cost is 645 Baht for ins and 100 Baht for the tax

Got it done yesterday exaactly the charges for the services for the ER6n. I found out I don't need tax to be paid till Nov. So I get to see em again!

Thanks for the advice guys!

Edited by Beardog