Car Tax And Basic Insurance.

McGarty

Just go to Department of Land Transportation Banglamung.

Bring the car along if it’s 7 years or older, as you then need to test it there as well. Otherwise just the blue book is enough.

Basic insurance is bought just to the right inside the entrance. With a receipt of insurance, head over to the desk on the left side opposite from the entrance.

They will give you a number to one of the tellers, that will receive payment for road tax and issue you with the tax sticker.

Just go to Department of Land Transportation Banglamung.

Bring the car along if it's 7 years or older, as you then need to test it there as well. Otherwise just the blue book is enough.

Basic insurance is bought just to the right inside the entrance. With a receipt of insurance, head over to the desk on the left side opposite from the entrance.

They will give you a number to one of the tellers, that will receive payment for road tax and issue you with the tax sticker.

Cheers. That is appreciated.

i use the Chinese family that operate the government vehicle inspection station on the left side of sukhumvit headed to Bangkok

they are about 100 meters after Boontavorn Home shop between Klang and Nua, almost opposite the flyover

i just go in the car, give them the papers & they deal with everything

its usually back for pick up in 2-3 days

when buying or selling i always do it there too

i have them check the car is what its supposed to be, witness the turnover of the paperwork, co- sign the transfer papers as witness and then observe the exchange of money

easy and secure..........

Bring the car along if it's 7 years or older, as you then need to test it there as well. Otherwise just the blue book is enough.

I read somewhere a few days ago that the LTD at Regents no longer does the vehicle inspections.

Interesting, hadn't heard anything about that. Last time I was there doing an inspection was June this year, so it's been a few months.

If that's true, then another option close to the OP, is to head out from Pattaya Klang, turn left on Sukhumvit nortbound.

Just after soi 34 there is a shop that does the testing and takes care of insurance and taxes. Here is a link to the location.

Guess it's the same shop that timekeeper mentions.

Supposedly there are more shops like this around, they all have a yellow cog on the sign, but this is the only one that I know the location of.

Downside with these subshops is that you have to hand in the paperwork one day and then come back a day or two later for pickup.

Edited by MTH

Thanks a lot for those replies. It does help a lot. Some are obviously a lot closer than going to the main office and they are not expensive :jap:

First thing seems to be to jump on the bike, pop down and see and take the car with me later if needed, especially in this current traffic.

I use the one on Sukhumvit as well. Fast and easy.

they are good jimmy

i once sold a Mercedes to a buyer from Chang Mai

he came down to Pattaya to view the car

we did all the paperwork and he paid me on their premises, withe them as witnesses

the lovely old Chinese guy even rang his counterpart in Chang Mai and organized that the man could pick up his newly registered book there

it gave the buyer a lot of confidence that the deal was secure

now when i sell anything, i always pay the transfer fees as part of the deal and then i can choose where its done

that way i know its going to be done right

they are very nice & very efficient people

i would not use anyone else at any price.......

I read somewhere a few days ago that the LTD at Regents no longer does the vehicle inspections.

Interesting, hadn't heard anything about that. Last time I was there doing an inspection was June this year, so it's been a few months.

If that's true, then another option close to the OP, is to head out from Pattaya Klang, turn left on Sukhumvit nortbound.

Just after soi 34 there is a shop that does the testing and takes care of insurance and taxes. Here is a link to the location.

Supposedly there are more shops like this around, they all have a yellow cog on the sign, but this is the only one that I know the location of.

Downside with these subshops is that you have to hand in the paperwork one day and then come back a day or two later for pickup.

I went there this morning. Quick and easy. Car on the rolling road. Out in 10 minutes. Total cost 2,337 Baht for Tax, Insurance, Inspection. Inspection inluded was 200 Baht as is the 50 Baht service charge. I go back tomorrow and collect the documents. Took the car home with me.

Easy to find thanks to that link. Big sign outside saying Car Inspections.

Thanks for the brilliant link :)

I went there this morning. Quick and easy. Car on the rolling road. Out in 10 minutes. Total cost 2,337 Baht for Tax, Insurance, Inspection. Inspection inluded was 200 Baht as is the 50 Baht service charge. I go back tomorrow and collect the documents. Took the car home with me.

i am happy it worked out for you

they are a very professionally run family business

My pleasure, I know how hard it sometimes can be, to find a place here based only on directions. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just to confirm that this is indeed correct, in case someone else is heading out to the DLT for an inspection.

I was out there yesterday to renew taxes for our motorbikes and noticed that they are currently renovating the vehicle inspection station.

Couldn't get a straight answer on when it's expected to be opened again. Only that it's sometime next year.

cant beleive people who live here, pay people to tax and insure a car, why not simply go and learn how to do it, its not rocket science. is there no feel to learn and understand how to do the basic things in life here with out handing over addtianl cash to do some thing a 12 year old could do.

Transport Office near Regents School on the 36/7 near Marbrachan

dont see where the OP asked about vehicle inspections so its just a trip to the land transport office

cant beleive people who live here, pay people to tax and insure a car, why not simply go and learn how to do it, its not rocket science. is there no feel to learn and understand how to do the basic things in life here with out handing over addtianl cash to do some thing a 12 year old could do.

dont see where the OP asked about vehicle inspections so its just a trip to the land transport office

i have done it myself before, i learned from that experience, by doing so i found i had much better things to do with my time and now i pay someone else to go.......

Edited by timekeeper

i have done it myself before, i learned from that experience, by doing so i found i had much better things to do with my time and now i pay someone else to go.......

I agree with timekeeper here.

Why go all the way out to the Land transport office if you can pop round the corner and get it done for 50 Baht service charge? It has nothing to do with DIY, and more to do with convenience and maybe a lot less hassle with traffic.

Interesting, I did not know about the 7 year test. My car was registered in Jan 2548, so I believe mine will be up for inspection?

There is one on Sukhumvit opposite ARC, insurance company next door, the inspection takes about 5 minutes.

Dead right

went there two days ago ,in and out in 5 minutes cost 1250 baht or near that ,why pay someone else ,then go back and fore ,for your paperwork.

I agree with timekeeper here.

Why go all the way out to the Land transport office if you can pop round the corner and get it done for 50 Baht service charge? It has nothing to do with DIY, and more to do with convenience and maybe a lot less hassle with traffic.

B) Agree

Interesting, I did not know about the 7 year test. My car was registered in Jan 2548, so I believe mine will be up for inspection?

Correct, you do need to do an inspection when you renew your road tax next year.

If you don’t want to chance it, that the vehicle inspection station has been reopened at the DLT that is.

You could first drive by the inspection station on sukhumvit, that I mapped in post #7, cost is 100 Baht for car.

Take that with you to the DLT and get your tax taken care of over there.

Or as some prefer, just let them do it for you at the Sukhumvit location, and pick up the paperwork a day or two later.