Palm trees on 5 rai want to remove Palm trees

What an absolute total and complete load of dribble and btw, no need to shout.

I agree fully, everything you daid was dribble. I wasn't shouting, I do my posts in Word and then cut and paste

How do you know if the OP owns the land or not ? He hasn`t said ya or na on the subject.

There is no way he could buy 5 rai of land with palm on it. It is not possible.

Do you seriously believe that the Thai authorities changed the laws of a farang`s Thai wife`s ownerships rights to land and property so it could be more convenient and a loophole for their Western husbands to illegally own real estate and land behind the scenes? Can you be really serious?

Of course I believe it, can you offer a more logical reason for the change in the law?

The yellow book does not give farangs automatic rights to habitation nor does it give them any rights to ownerships more than anyone else if not going via the correct channels.

It's purpose is to make sure farangs are not kicked out of homes their wives own. Of course they must have a valid marriage or retirement visa. I never said it gave any rights of ownership. What do you think the purpose is?

I am not fear mongering only stating the facts for the benefit of any newbies that have no idea of their rights regarding the ownerships or real estate and land and working in Thailand and also that there could be serious consequences for those who start getting involved with land and property speculating here, including illegal farming and practices, which according to many posts appears to be rather wide spread.

You are fear mongering and you have not answered any of my questions regarding specific events. Give your examples or go away. You only state your fears.........fear mongering.

As for what are the actual rules and laws concerning Westerners plonking themselves in Thailand, I suggest you do your own research and this applies to others considering making investments, doing business and working in Thailand.

I am all in favor of everyone doing their own research. What makes you think anyone on this forum has not done their homework before plonking down a lot of money on farm land. I know I have done my research and 22 years here has confirmed what I learned in my research.

Before you jump back on here and post, just consider the possibility that you have limited true knowledge. I am not saying you are not smart, I am saying that your sources may be biased and/or incomplete. I believe none of what I hear and only half of what I see. I don't know everything about the problems you are concerned with, but I know about having land and living in the country. Everything you have said is opinion with no factual or experiential support. If you get some, please start a new post.....This one is about reclaiming land.

To the op: If the land is very steep, be careful about erosion if you clear it. Also, consider testing the soil to see if it is suitable for whatever you have planed.

Can`t be bothered.

What anyone does and how they do things in Thailand they do at their own risk and discretion, but as for me I prefer to conduct my business here the legal way going via the correct channels, so that no one can turn up at my gate with a piece of paper saying I can`t do this or that plus not contravening any laws, not having to be underhanded or having to be cautious of anyone here and my actions not having any knock on affects to other ex-pats living in Thailand.

Good luck to all who sail in her, rather you than me.

Edited by Beetlejuice

If the trees are coconut trees, I would think they would be quite valuable and people would pay you for the lumber. Coconut lumber if allowed to try out is quite good. There are houses on Koh Samui that were built over 100 years ago of Coconut wood and are still standing. After it dries it is quite hard, just try pounding a nail into it.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Plus the price of the nuts is very good. 10 baht as opposed to 1 baht 2 years ago.

Beetlehead.

You say you can't be bothered. Well, apparently you are bothered...and bothersome. Would you please go away? We are trying to talk about farming here and this is getting to be all about you, which is what I suspect your motive is in the first place. So hey, politely, just stop it and go away. Okay? Thanks.

• Like 1

I would like to ask the OP how he came to own 5 rai of land and managed to become a farmer in the South of Thailand?

If the OP is conducting all his business legitimately here in Thailand, than fine, but if not, than this is one of the main reasons why the visa regulations are tightening up for all the ex-pats living here.

ive said it before on here we falang dont farm own wifes do,

we just sit there and spend the money,,,lol

I would like to ask the OP how he came to own 5 rai of land and managed to become a farmer in the South of Thailand?

If the OP is conducting all his business legitimately here in Thailand, than fine, but if not, than this is one of the main reasons why the visa regulations are tightening up for all the ex-pats living here.

"My wife asked me what we should do with the land"....................Get it Einstein ? facepalm.gifrolleyes.gif

• Like 1

If you are " Sailing so close to the wind" just maybe you should better organise your visa arrangements and stop panicking. whistling.gif

If the trees are coconut trees, I would think they would be quite valuable and people would pay you for the lumber. Coconut lumber if allowed to try out is quite good. There are houses on Koh Samui that were built over 100 years ago of Coconut wood and are still standing. After it dries it is quite hard, just try pounding a nail into it.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We have dairy farmers who cut down one of there a coconut tree's and plank it up for roof joists for the milking shed,some where done some years ago ,still standing.

Just asked the misses, coconut wood,and palm wood not the same,so palm wood might not be a lot of good for anything.

Yawn. A really big yawn...

• 1 month later...

I had 8 old palm trees removed from around our house.because they were an absolute mess & created a bigger mess around them with their fronds & nuts. These trees were about half meter diameter & 7+ meters tall. We paid 5000 baht each to have them cut down & hauled away. Unfortunately, they used chain saws & didn't remove the stumps.

Shop around for prices for removal as I feel I paid too much. However, I have read that the wood is tough on saws, & there is little market for the wood. In your case, it would be easier to bulldoze them down.

You most certainly did pay too much.

I had an old palm and another 8 metre tree 'dug out' and taken away for 1,200 Baht. There may have been some value in wood in the other tree to offset the cost.

I had 10 palms 7-8 m. relocated for 400 b. each.

• 3 weeks later...

I had 8 old palm trees removed from around our house.because they were an absolute mess & created a bigger mess around them with their fronds & nuts. These trees were about half meter diameter & 7+ meters tall. We paid 5000 baht each to have them cut down & hauled away. Unfortunately, they used chain saws & didn't remove the stumps.

Shop around for prices for removal as I feel I paid too much. However, I have read that the wood is tough on saws, & there is little market for the wood. In your case, it would be easier to bulldoze them down.

I had an old palm and another 8 metre tree 'dug out' and taken away for 1,200 Baht. There may have been some value in wood in the other tree to offset the cost.

Relocated on the same farm or taken away from the farm?

Relocated on the same farm or taken away from the farm?

2 km trip.