Brilliant Bangkok Post Article But Very Risky

bowerboy

There was an excellent article in The Bangkok Post today by Voranai Vanijaka called "Thaksins Real War"

After 10 years here I felt I knew exactly what the political conflict of the last 10 years was all about but had never seen it stated in the press anywhere because it is pretty much something that could never be discussed here.

The article today pretty much says exactly what this is all about and whilst you do have to fill in the gaps yourself the article is very clear in its meaning and explanation.

If you are interested to really know what this is all about (and don't already know) then read the article.

I am actually surprised The Bangkok Post printed it.

I concur; this was a short, penetrating piece. I was also surprised at some inferences, but I don't think it actually spells out the foundations for the current intractable conflict. It does discuss the pivotal position of Thailand in emerging markets, thus the Wall Street foreign backed supporters that want to ensure a stranglehold going into the future via their man in DXB. I am unsure, though, that this issue is about greed, not ideology- it is about both, with varying peoples using each other because they are going in the same direction- "The DXB Machine" interested in $$$ and the peoples interested in change, as they perceive. I don't think it reduces so nearly to the editor's conclusion. They both use each other. Here lies their weakness!

I concur; this was a short, penetrating piece. I was also surprised at some inferences, but I don't think it actually spells out the foundations for the current intractable conflict. It does discuss the pivotal position of Thailand in emerging markets, thus the Wall Street foreign backed supporters that want to ensure a stranglehold going into the future via their man in DXB. I am unsure, though, that this issue is about greed, not ideology- it is about both, with varying peoples using each other because they are going in the same direction- "The DXB Machine" interested in $$$ and the peoples interested in change, as they perceive. I don't think it reduces so nearly to the editor's conclusion. They both use each other. Here lies their weakness!

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

I tend to think the opposite of your thoughts....i actually think he pinpoints the cause / reason precisely....everything else is fluff to make the true objective / reason behind all this more palatable and easy to swallow...

Well it says something without saying anything. But it at least alludes to the fact that this whole problem is about who gets the money in the long run.

Isn't it always

• Like 1