Man robs bank in Pathum Thani, buys gold to win back angry wife

webfact

Man Robs Bank, Buys Gold To Win Back Angry Wife
By Khaosod English

14004187271400418794l.jpg
Police arrested a man who confessed to robbing a bank in Pathum Thani in order to buy gold necklace for his angry wife.

PATHUM THANI — Police have arrested a man who confessed to robbing a bank in Pathum Thani in order to buy a gold necklace for his angry wife.

The robbery took place at Klong Sam branch of Thanachart Bank in Thanyaburi district on 15 May. Witnesses said the suspect took away over 300,000 baht in cash.

Thanawut Sampan, 27, reportedly confessed to the police after his arrest today that he robbed the bank with a fake handgun and a getaway motorcycle that he had commandeered from a local motorcycle taxi driver.

Mr. Thanawut said that after the robbery, he parked the motorcycle near Wat Perm Thaan, changed his clothes, and hailed a cab to a bus station, where he took a bus to his hideout in Chantaburi province.

However, Thanawut said that four days after the robbery he discovered that his grandmother had passed away, and decided to return to Pathum Thani province and attend her funeral. Police say they received a tip-off from local residents and eventually arrested Mr. Thanawut while he was having lunch at a local restaurant.

The suspect claimed that his wife left him, prior to the robbery, because he was poor and unemployed. Determined to win her back, Mr. Thanawut said he robbed the bank and used the money to buy her a gold necklace.

Mr. Thanawut added that his wife was not aware of the robbery.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1400418727&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-05-19

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really this is a sad story, because there are only victims.

It's shocking what a man can do to try and win back the affections of a lady. It's easy to say, oh no not me, but this is a young man and we know nothing of the real circumstances.

Anyway, now he will be sure to spend time behind bars and his wife won't even get to wear the gold necklace..

• Like 1

We will do anything for the love of a Thai women.

Speak for yourself, I won't do "anything" for the love of a Thai woman lol

Hey, 1,000 bahts would do it...whistling.gif

Perhaps so lol ... but I've never been able to reconcile "paying" with "love" in so direct a way ;)

Fake gold is cheap in Thailand

Why he not buy this instead!

Most uneducated woman would think its real proberbly one day , and then maybe recognized look same same but diffrent. , Iam not sure..

Another fine example That Many People in this Country has big problems to Assess consequences of a decision, and open there brain when it's to late!

Neurologists would make the diagnosis, it is a chemical messenger in the brain problem!

"Stupid is as stupid does" can happen anywhere.

I live in Klong Sam and this is at least the third armed bank robbery in the past 18 months.One of them actually lived in a housing estate directly across from the bank he robbed.We are getting our fair share of happens anywhere.I am not having a dig,just commenting.