Changing Blue Condo Book Into Yellow One

Beng

The first port of call will be the local government office for your area - the "Tessaban" (that's what it sounds like to me anyway) and they will be able to inform you of the documentation that you need

I know where the one the serves the Santitham area is but not any of the others I'm afraid

You won't be changing your blue tabien bahn for a yellow one. The yellow tabien bahn is issued as an addition to the blue one, so if successful you will end up having one of each colour.

Sophon

You won't be changing your blue tabien bahn for a yellow one. The yellow tabien bahn is issued as an addition to the blue one, so if successful you will end up having one of each colour.

Sophon

Really. Is this the same as the blue but in english ? Is my name in it ?

Sophon

I don't have either the blue book or the yellow book for my condo.

Can someone please explain the reasons I may want to make the effort to get either or both books.

I do already understand that the yellow book serves to prove residence (for those instances when one would otherwise need to obtain a certificate of residence).

OneZero, on 19 May 2014 - 19:51, said:OneZero, on 19 May 2014 - 19:51, said:
Sophon, on 19 May 2014 - 18:38, said:Sophon, on 19 May 2014 - 18:38, said:

Sophon

Can someone please explain the reasons I may want to make the effort to get either or both books.

I do already understand that the yellow book serves to prove residence (for those instances when one would otherwise need to obtain a certificate of residence).

I think you answered your own question. Instead of fighting the crowds at the Immi every time you need a proof of residendence, you just have to do it once at the Amphur. smile.png

Edited by Vacuum
  • Like 1

Sophon

Really. Is this the same as the blue but in english ? Is my name in it ?

Yes blue book is for the condo. Yellow book proves that you live at that address.

Sophon

I think you answered your own question. Instead of fighting the crowds at the Immi every time you need a proof of residendence, you just have to do it once at the Amphur. smile.png

Can you provide a list of documents needed to get yellow book please ?? Where is the Amphur ??

Sophon

Can you provide a list of documents needed to get yellow book please ?? Where is the Amphur ??

You need to find yours and then go and ask them. No two amphurs have the same requirements.

Maybe 7 years ago I took my 'House Paper' to immigration and they told me to get a Book.

After much chasing around a young Thai girl I know took me to the Amphur office near the 3 Kings Monument.

After much embarrassment for her, (was old John Tilac ?) I was told to return following afternoon and received 2 Books one Blue and one Yellow.

Yellow is for Frangs and used for immigration and Driving licence.

john