VFS.Global UK

Anybody can submit a UK visa application (I have done it for 3 people) but the applicant must attend the interview/biometrics.

Are you saying that you have lodged hard copies of applications at the Visa Application Centre, that's what you seem to be implying?

Obviously anybody can submit an online application from the comfort of their sitting room, but as far as I'm aware only the applicant, or an agent, is allowed entry entry into the VAC.

There are no interviews, but as you say biometric details are captured when the applicant lodges their documents.

• 3 weeks later...

Vfs global give only a application paper in English !

Last year was avalible in Thai ..

From my knowledge there is a law that paper must be in that language where the person comes from ?

No such law, applications must be made in English.

As far as I'm aware you have never been able to apply in Thai.

Anybody can submit a UK visa application (I have done it for 3 people) but the applicant must attend the interview/biometrics.

Are you saying that you have lodged hard copies of applications at the Visa Application Centre, that's what you seem to be implying?

Obviously anybody can submit an online application from the comfort of their sitting room, but as far as I'm aware only the applicant, or an agent, is allowed entry entry into the VAC.

There are no interviews, but as you say biometric details are captured when the applicant lodges their documents.

The application can only be completed online. It must be printed off, the declaration signed and a photo attached before it can be submitted.

As theoldgit says, UK visa applications must be completed in English, and this has always been so. Applications forms have never been available in other languages; paper or online.

If you are sponsoring an applicant and they can't read the questions, maybe you can help them; as many members here do.

The guidance notes are available in Thai; click here.

I went in on Friday, the desk clerks were so rude in dealing with me, just handed me this ridiculously small piece of paper with an email on it and ignored me, however I did let them know what I thought of it! Anyway then asked via email for the 3 dates, of which an email came back which I could hardly understand requesting the dates again, so I did, then I get another email in even worse English saying I would have to wait 3 weeks! So I have sent an email to the UK office, the service is terrible at best, and if I don't hear anything soon I will contact my MP. I'm sorry but it's a shockingly bad service we're being offered here. I'm so embarrassed to be British at times!

Is it the same desk/floor/staff for all countries?

I'm heading there tomorrow for a Swedish visa.

Anyone know if it's different service depending on where you are traveling?

This thread is regarding the UK Visa Application Centre near Asoke, operated by VFS, the Australians use the same office but have different counters.

The Swedish Visa Application Centre is in a separate building in Chidlom, though it's still operated by VFS.

VFS Global operate visa application centres for 13 countries in Thailand.

As far as I'm aware, only the Australian and UK ones share an address.

So, make sure you go to the correct one.