Rental Agreement or residency letter for yearly extension ?

Beng

TBH Beng, I've never been asked for either in all the time I've done renewal extensions.

Others might have a different experience

Can't really see the point anyway, we report our address every 90 days and if they accept that as truth why ask for more?

Is this your first?

TBH Beng, I've never been asked for either in all the time I've done renewal extensions.

Can't really see the point anyway, we report our address every 90 days and if they accept that as truth why ask for more?

Is this your first?

Thanks for the reply uptheos

Yes, it is my first extension. I'm here since1989 but always was on a non imm B visa and doing border runs to Malaysia.

Now first time on a O visa and as i have this appointment at the immigration next week, I just try to have all the right documents with me.

Is this your first?

Nor have I.

But a while back there was a thread where some one said they had to have one. So I took mine in with me the last time I extended and nothing was said about it.

Is this your first?

Nor have I.

But a while back there was a thread where some one said they had to have one. So I took mine in with me the last time I extended and nothing was said about it.

Thanks. That's what I gonna do.

Absolutely they want a copy of your rental agreement. Not the original. And if you can, a copy of your landlords I.D. They take it when I offer it.

Last time I made an international arrival in Chiang Mai (April), I was handed a immigrations brochure in the baggage claim area by a friendly immigrations officer. The brochure specifically details all the visa extensions that immigrations provides along with the required documentation. Nowhere in the requirements for a retirement extension does it mention anything about copies of a lease, rental agreement, owner's ID card, etc. But yet, why am I not surprised when I read on TV that these are indeed a requirement for the extension.

Absolutely they want a copy of your rental agreement. Not the original. And if you can, a copy of your landlords I.D. They take it when I offer it.

Last time I made an international arrival in Chiang Mai (April), I was handed a immigrations brochure in the baggage claim area by a friendly immigrations officer. The brochure specifically details all the visa extensions that immigrations provides along with the required documentation. Nowhere in the requirements for a retirement extension does it mention anything about copies of a lease, rental agreement, owner's ID card, etc. But yet, why am I not surprised when I read on TV that these are indeed a requirement for the extension.

Some people take everything except the kitchen sink and when it's kept, they just assume it's a requirement,

Some people take everything except the kitchen sink and when it's kept, they just assume it's a requirement,

I can understand people taking everything imaginable. As bad as the immigrations lines have become in recent years, I'd hate to be in the middle of an extension appointment only to learn that some newly-required document is not in my folder.

Don't offer it and they won't ask for it.

Exactely, I will not offer rental agreement unless I am asked for one.

Don't offer it and they won't ask for it.

Exactely, I will not offer rental agreement unless I am asked for one.

You can have 'the kitchen sink' in your bag or folder by all means, but only give them what's required.

If they ask for more, you have it.

I use the letter of guaranteed income. I take the papers in with me in a manila envelope. They just look at the signed affidavit from my conciliate and don't even bother to ask for any thing else. Mind you I do have the letters of proof but I feel the chance of being asked is less if I look prepared. My first extension I asked them if they wanted to see them and they said no. Since then I have them but I don't mention them.

I think appearance is a good looking thing. If I have the manila envelope it looks like I have every thing. I shower and shave and wear clean clothes. I do not dress up for it I just wear my every day clothes. Not sure I understand dressing up for it. They might get suspicious and think I am working.

I use the letter of guaranteed income. I take the papers in with me in a manila envelope. They just look at the signed affidavit from my conciliate and don't even bother to ask for any thing else. Mind you I do have the letters of proof but I feel the chance of being asked is less if I look prepared. My first extension I asked them if they wanted to see them and they said no. Since then I have them but I don't mention them.

I think appearance is a good looking thing. If I have the manila envelope it looks like I have every thing. I shower and shave and wear clean clothes. I do not dress up for it I just wear my every day clothes. Not sure I understand dressing up for it. They might get suspicious and think I am working.

Agreed. you certainly don't want to look unkept-

I don't think they take too much notice of your clothes as long as they're clean and show respect.

Certainly they wouldn't want to be sitting opposite someone with body odour or halitosis.

Shaving? Up to the person, some have beards, some prefer stubble, doubt if it affects anything.