Best hotel for stable internet in vientiane?

HooHaa

Need stable internet for VoIP ans i spend about 4-5 hours a day in conference calls.

1 mbps down .5 up will do me fine as long as it is robust, any recommendations.

ideal scenario would be by the river so i can fall back on thai 3g which works great, but if anyone knows of a hotel away from the river with excellent internet for 1500-3k a night let me know.

considering ibis, from views i have read that mention the wifi, but its kind of a shoe box, best western seems like it might fit the bill, but have had bad experience in the tai pan, and its just that little bit too far away for consistent thai 3g.

any other ideas i would be very pleased to hear them.

one hotel even mentioned in room lan, but now i cant find it again!

that would be a very good thing.

thanks in advance.

also stable laos 3 g recommendations wouldnt hurt either. who is best provdier for 3g? im willing to go very redundant, but its only for 3-4 days.

Edited by HooHaa

I can also recommend the Intercity hotel - the internet was a good speed and not down for my 3 day long-weekend stay. Also, it is in a great location by the river, room and breakfast are ok also.

no one here has experience, really?

" for 1500-3k a night "

you could probably count them on one hand and every piece of bad news could take you there. you dont need us to tell you where. youve been there already so know the score. just plain straight advertising. pathetic at that.

Edited by 4dyg

• 2 weeks later...

Dhavara Hotel is nice. Just spent a long weekend there a couple of weeks ago. Rooms are big, nice big free breakfast also. Internet was fine and fast enough for what I needed it for. Close to the center of town.

The mobile phone switched over to Beeline, so I think that you cannot pick up the Thai cell towers from the hotel.m However, it is on the upper end of your payment scale at about 3000 baht/night.

Edited by taiwangirl