Loei Province Is Becoming A Popular Tourist Destination

Jai Dee

Loei province is becoming a popular tourist destination

The number of tourists visiting Loei is expected to increase by no fewer than 25% at the end of the 2006 fiscal year compared to that of last year.

Loei governor Samroeng Cheuchawalit (สำเริง เชื้อชวลิต) said rehabilitation of the environment and ecological system, flood prevention and reforestation projects at several national parks and wildlife sanctuaries in the past two years have helped boost tourism in the province.

Mr. Samroeng said fresh air, green forests and cool weather have drawn 217,779 Thai and foreign tourists to Loei between October last year and May this year, generating income from admissions worth about 11 million baht.

Mr. Samroeng believed Loei was still a popular tourist destination and so expected the number of visitors to rise by 25% over that of 2005 when the current fiscal year ends on September 30.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 15 June 2006

The world (and Thailand) is being cemented over. That cement isn't only covering the best agricultural lands inthe world where most cities are but it is also covering culture, tradition, and even smiles. People don't want to travel 10,000 miles to see Starbucks, PizzaHut, and Tom Cruise.

I wonder after the whole world is cemented over what will cover the cement. Viva Chang!

Loei is a scenic and as of yet unspoiled province. I have now lived up here for about two years. Sometimes I forget how nice it actually is. An occasional trip reminds me that it is INDEED a beautiful area and reminds me why I like it. :o