How long after expiry to renew Retiremennt Visa

Whilst living it Thailand on a retirement visa, I work overseas. My visa expires today and due to unforeseen circumstances I will not be back in Thailand for another two weeks or so. My work is offshore so it is not just a matter of slipping in to the local Thai embassy/consulate. By the time I hit the beach it is late afternoon, and I will be in Bangkok the next afternoon anyway. My nationality is Australian. When on leave I will be in Thailand for almost 4 weeks.

Basically how long is the grace period between visa expiring and easy renewal? Is there any way I can get an extension by say be email?

Any other options?

Cheers

Once a visa expires it is dead and their is no extending it.

If you have an extension of stay based upon retirement from immigration you might be able go a day or two late and pay an overstay fine and get a new extension.

If an extension of stay is what you truly have you will have to start all over a gain.

Have a look at your re entry permit ( assuming you got one) that will tell you the date your permission to stay expired, after that date you have to start again, assuming you will get a 30 day permission to stay on arrival there is no real need for you to get a new permission to stay based on retirement as you state you will only be here for four weeks.