Thai Army to 'reconsider' PCAD wanted list: DSI

webfact

He is called the Chameleon for a reason and the above reflects why.

In 2008 to 2011 he went after the DEM opposition and red shirts with a vengeance. It was not just his job, it was his passion. He wanted everyone that was against the DEM persecuted. Him and his team were responsible for 281 cases against red shirts. He was a brilliant lap dog.

In 2011 to 2014 he did his chameleon trick and backed the Shin's. He went after the PTP opposition with a vengeance. It was not just his job, it was his passion. He wanted everyone that was against the PTP persecuted. He started piling on the cases against the PDRC. He also cut red shirt political cases from the 281 during AV's tenure to 48 cases 2 years ago to just four cases last year. In fact, even YS benefited as Tarit chose to drop her asset concealment case. That’s called switching sides to save your hide. He was a brilliant lap dog.

Now we are at today. Just over 24 hours after martial law as implemented and Tarit bends to his new master. How many cases where there pending for the PDRC? How many cases will he cut if he remains the Generals lap dog? Will he bring the red shirt cases back?

Rest assured though that if the Prayuth remains his boss or a "neutral" PM takes command he will back at the feet of his new master ready to fetch the morning newspaper (with his tongue of course) on his new bosses orders.

Tarit is a chameleon. Put him in front of a tartan rug and he would die of exhaustion.

djjamie dont you have any homework to do? wai.gif

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was kind of hoping this Martial Law was going to be a good thing, getting all sides sat at a table together, making sure elections happened unhindered etc. But the reality is that Prayuth is now running the country without the military coup. He's now single-handedly deciding who will or won't be arrested (passions from both sides will be rampant at this). Who is he to decide who is above the law? Warrants and summons have been issued, arrests been made. Let the police try to do their job and let the courts sort it out. This is a farce. People from both sides of the divide need to face up to their actions.

If you think the DSI has acted level handedly then there's something wrong with you

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So will he also be reconsidering the murder charges that suthep and Abhisit have been too busy to show up for?

Somehow I doubt that either of these 2 will ever be charged when they should be sharing a cell with certain red leaders.

Looking more like a coup by the hour with selective laws being applied. No wonder certain people looked so happy when this happened coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

Abhisit did show up.

What selective laws make it look like a coup?

The certain people who would be happy with a coup are your red shirt buddies. They have been hoping and fighting (through terrorist attacks) for a coup for the last 6 months. Luckily Gen Prayuth didn't fall for that sneaky red trap....

You have totally got it wrong. The PDRC has been trying to get a coup because the Army is behind Suthep, whilst the Red Shirts have been successfully avoiding confrontation in order to avoid a coup which will certainly favour the Democrats and no way will it favour the red shirts and Pheu Thai. It is possible that the neutral PM will be Prayuth's former boss, General Prawit Wongsawan who led the last coup and is backing Suthep as is General Anupong Paochindra. So actually a Democrat PM not a neutral PM.

So many warrants out, so many corrupt politicians taking orders from masters on both sides.... almost seems if you arrested all the malfeasors there would be none left out of jail to negotiate.... come to think of it, not a bad idea. Let them "work out their differences" in the prison yard. Thailand would be better off with all the major actors in the monkey house.

So will he also be reconsidering the murder charges that suthep and Abhisit have been too busy to show up for?

Somehow I doubt that either of these 2 will ever be charged when they should be sharing a cell with certain red leaders.

Looking more like a coup by the hour with selective laws being applied. No wonder certain people looked so happy when this happened coffee1.gif

Yes clear up the loose ends first.

jb1

He is called the Chameleon for a reason and the above reflects why.

In 2008 to 2011 he went after the DEM opposition and red shirts with a vengeance. It was not just his job, it was his passion. He wanted everyone that was against the DEM persecuted. Him and his team were responsible for 281 cases against red shirts. He was a brilliant lap dog.

In 2011 to 2014 he did his chameleon trick and backed the Shin's. He went after the PTP opposition with a vengeance. It was not just his job, it was his passion. He wanted everyone that was against the PTP persecuted. He started piling on the cases against the PDRC. He also cut red shirt political cases from the 281 during AV's tenure to 48 cases 2 years ago to just four cases last year. In fact, even YS benefited as Tarit chose to drop her asset concealment case. That’s called switching sides to save your hide. He was a brilliant lap dog.

Now we are at today. Just over 24 hours after martial law as implemented and Tarit bends to his new master. How many cases where there pending for the PDRC? How many cases will he cut if he remains the Generals lap dog? Will he bring the red shirt cases back?

Rest assured though that if the Prayuth remains his boss or a "neutral" PM takes command he will back at the feet of his new master ready to fetch the morning newspaper (with his tongue of course) on his new bosses orders.

Tarit is a chameleon. Put him in front of a tartan rug and he would die of exhaustion.

djjamie dont you have any homework to do? wai.gif

Unable to rebut a single point I made.

Come on…Make it fun….Say something about Tarit to defend him or you truly can't defend him?

So far I have read 4 replies to my comments on TVF..Not one rebutting my points and everyone belittling me.

I must be saying something that touches a nerve and rings true then.

In the words of my favorite TV show character Kryton…..I say "Smug mode engaged"

I was kind of hoping this Martial Law was going to be a good thing, getting all sides sat at a table together, making sure elections happened unhindered etc. But the reality is that Prayuth is now running the country without the military coup. He's now single-handedly deciding who will or won't be arrested (passions from both sides will be rampant at this). Who is he to decide who is above the law? Warrants and summons have been issued, arrests been made. Let the police try to do their job and let the courts sort it out. This is a farce. People from both sides of the divide need to face up to their actions.

Who is he to decide who is above the law?

Under Martial Law, he IS the law. It's been two days and you are bitching he hasn't solved all the political problems yet. At the moment he is waiting for the resignation letters from the remaining caretaker cabinet. As soon as those letters arrive, the path will be clear for the Senate to appoint a new temporary, neutral, caretaker government and PM who will oversee the bureaucracy while a reform committee collects suggestions for reform. In six months to a year, there will be a nation-wide vote to choose which reforms the people want. Once the people have spoken, the caretaker government, with permissions from relevant authorities, can install the reforms into the constitution. Elections will be held soon after. At any time during this process, if Thaksin concedes to the inevitable and ceases his resistance, General Prayuth will withdraw his troops in kind. In poll after poll, the majority of Thai people want reform before elections (Every political party is ready to wait excepting Thaksin's puppet PTP and affiliates). Gen. Prayuth will make sure that the people get their reforms before elections. Anyone who does not believe what I just wrote can happen, hasn't been in Thailand very long.

Nope, you totally misunderstand me. I'm not against Martial law, in this particular situation anyway. I'm also not bitching that he hasn't solved the polictical chaos - you must have me confused with another poster, feel free to re-read my post. What I'm bitching about is simple. People have been charged with various crimes and have summons' and warrants - I'm not distinguishing between protesters nor ant-protesters. Why is he getting involved in this? Courts of law are there for a reason. This chap has assumed the role of head of country and is now going to decide who shall or shall not be charged which could be inflammatory to say the least especially if he favours one particular side. He is now head of the country and if he is seen as partisan to any particular side he's going to lose credibility and enflame things further. The country has had enough jingoism over the past 8 months or so and he is supposed to be calming things down. I also question his motives but that's another and personal thing. I'm also interested to see if he's going to stop violence not only in Bangkok but in the south too now that he's the head of the country?

If you think the DSI has acted level handedly then there's something wrong with you

If I thought the DSI has acted even handedly you'd be correct, there would be something wrong with me. If you assume Prayuth (or anybody in the middle of all this) is going to act even handedly then there's something wrong with you. I'm saying let the summons etc run their course and let the courts deal with it even-handedly. They will be under the spotlight of the World, they will have to get it right. If they think there's no charge to answer to, so be it.

Under Martial Law, he IS the law. It's been two days and you are bitching he hasn't solved all the political problems yet. At the moment he is waiting for the resignation letters from the remaining caretaker cabinet. As soon as those letters arrive, the path will be clear for the Senate to appoint a new temporary, neutral, caretaker government and PM who will oversee the bureaucracy while a reform committee collects suggestions for reform. In six months to a year, there will be a nation-wide vote to choose which reforms the people want. Once the people have spoken, the caretaker government, with permissions from relevant authorities, can install the reforms into the constitution. Elections will be held soon after. At any time during this process, if Thaksin concedes to the inevitable and ceases his resistance, General Prayuth will withdraw his troops in kind. In poll after poll, the majority of Thai people want reform before elections (Every political party is ready to wait excepting Thaksin's puppet PTP and affiliates). Gen. Prayuth will make sure that the people get their reforms before elections. Anyone who does not believe what I just wrote can happen, hasn't been in Thailand very long.

Nope, you totally misunderstand me. I'm not against Martial law, in this particular situation anyway. I'm also not bitching that he hasn't solved the polictical chaos - you must have me confused with another poster, feel free to re-read my post. What I'm bitching about is simple. People have been charged with various crimes and have summons' and warrants - I'm not distinguishing between protesters nor ant-protesters. Why is he getting involved in this? Courts of law are there for a reason. This chap has assumed the role of head of country and is now going to decide who shall or shall not be charged which could be inflammatory to say the least especially if he favours one particular side. He is now head of the country and if he is seen as partisan to any particular side he's going to lose credibility and enflame things further. The country has had enough jingoism over the past 8 months or so and he is supposed to be calming things down. I also question his motives but that's another and personal thing. I'm also interested to see if he's going to stop violence not only in Bangkok but in the south too now that he's the head of the country?

I was kind of hoping this Martial Law was going to be a good thing, getting all sides sat at a table together, making sure elections happened unhindered etc

Excuse me? You are disappointed that the laundry list. that I have quoted in red, hasn't happened in less than 48 hours. That's not bitching?

Why is he getting involved in this? Courts of law are there for a reason

The courts depend on the police to enforce the law and then the courts adjudicate between the police and the defendant. At present, the RTA have not been doing their jobs of stopping the violence. Gen. P has only assumed law enforcement at this time. He is not superseding the courts as you suggest.

This chap has assumed the role of head of country and is now going to decide who shall or shall not be charged

'This chap' has assumed law enforcement responsibilities only. The head of he country would never be in a position to 'decide who shall or shall not be charged'... unless he were a dictator.

Nope, you totally misunderstand me. I'm not against Martial law, in this particular situation anyway... ...This chap has assumed the role of head of country and is now going to decide who shall or shall not be charged which could be inflammatory to say the least especially if he favours one particular side. He is now head of the country and if he is seen as partisan to any particular side he's going to lose credibility and enflame things further. The country has had enough jingoism over the past 8 months or so and he is supposed to be calming things down. I also question his motives but that's another and personal thing. I'm also interested to see if he's going to stop violence not only in Bangkok but in the south too now that he's the head of the country?

Are you currently being treated for schizophrenia or are you just speaking out of both sides of you mouth?

It's not really a secret but he's performing a non-coup coup to facilitate the Senate to perform a non-coup coup. Thais have a way of justifying this legally.

Edited by rametindallas

He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. But General Prayuth is more than smart enough to have worked out that those responsible for the anarchy over the last few months must be held accountable. Perhaps not immediately. Thais are not going to quickly forgive or forget the antics of Suthep and his cronies/acolytes/lapdogs

The few remaining PTP/UDD followers might believe you. But, I'm sure you'll find out that most Thais won't forgive what the master criminal fugitive and his clan have done to the country and the people - especially when the real accounts get revealed.

That 450% increase in Shin family wealth ain't gonna be easily forgotten when poor farmers have been ruthlessly exploited by the very people who promised to represent them.

I was kind of hoping this Martial Law was going to be a good thing, getting all sides sat at a table together, making sure elections happened unhindered etc

Excuse me? You are disappointed that the laundry list. that I have quoted in red, hasn't happened in less than 48 hours. That's not bitching?

Why is he getting involved in this? Courts of law are there for a reason

The courts depend on the police to enforce the law and then the courts adjudicate between the police and the defendant. At present, the RTA have not been doing their jobs of stopping the violence. Gen. P has only assumed law enforcement at this time. He is not superseding the courts as you suggest.

This chap has assumed the role of head of country and is now going to decide who shall or shall not be charged

'This chap' has assumed law enforcement responsibilities only. The head of he country would never be in a position to 'decide who shall or shall not be charged'... unless he were a dictator.

Nope, you totally misunderstand me. I'm not against Martial law, in this particular situation anyway... ...This chap has assumed the role of head of country and is now going to decide who shall or shall not be charged which could be inflammatory to say the least especially if he favours one particular side. He is now head of the country and if he is seen as partisan to any particular side he's going to lose credibility and enflame things further. The country has had enough jingoism over the past 8 months or so and he is supposed to be calming things down. I also question his motives but that's another and personal thing. I'm also interested to see if he's going to stop violence not only in Bangkok but in the south too now that he's the head of the country?

Are you currently being treated for schizophrenia or are you just speaking out of both sides of you mouth?

It's not really a secret but he's performing a non-coup coup to facilitate the Senate to perform a non-coup coup. Thais have a way of justifying this legally.

Firstly, show me where in my post I suggested he is suspending the courts please? The police put the case into the courts with the public prosecutor and the court decides the verdict, right? So why is Prayuth "scolding" the police for issuing summons' and warrants and telling him to suspend them? Cannot justice take it's due course? But when you say only a dictator can do that.. Well that's really what he is, isn't he? He wasn't elected, he isn't a politician (yet, anyway) yet he has total control - who is he answerable to? In this particular situation Martial law would seem the only way of keeping the country from imploding into a civil war so in this particular situation I was for it. But is he unbiased and has the best interests of the country in his heart? I hope so but when I see things like this it makes me wonder.

I mentioned that I'm wondering if he's going to keep peace in the south now he's head of the country and you tell me I'm bitching? Laundry list in red? Just a load of cock mush. There is no list even, just questions on some of my thoughts. If you write sh*t in red it becomes a laundry list then?

Tharit should feel ashamed of his chameleon and lap dog behaviour. For the sake of the country's peace, I hope that he is moved to an inactive desk/post in Khao Yai, near to his resort.

Don't wish that on Koh Yai its a national park and shouldn't be fowled up by him.

Tharit should feel ashamed of his chameleon and lap dog behaviour. For the sake of the country's peace, I hope that he is moved to an inactive desk/post in Khao Yai, near to his resort.

The funding for that resort should be investigated!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Looking more like a coup by the hour with selective laws being applied. No wonder certain people looked so happy when this happened coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

Abhisit did show up.

What selective laws make it look like a coup?

The certain people who would be happy with a coup are your red shirt buddies. They have been hoping and fighting (through terrorist attacks) for a coup for the last 6 months. Luckily Gen Prayuth didn't fall for that sneaky red trap....

You have totally got it wrong. The PDRC has been trying to get a coup because the Army is behind Suthep, whilst the Red Shirts have been successfully avoiding confrontation in order to avoid a coup which will certainly favour the Democrats and no way will it favour the red shirts and Pheu Thai. It is possible that the neutral PM will be Prayuth's former boss, General Prawit Wongsawan who led the last coup and is backing Suthep as is General Anupong Paochindra. So actually a Democrat PM not a neutral PM.

Do I have it wrong, or are you misinformed by your UDD friends? Of course is the Army behind the PDRC, but what would be the benefit of a coup for any party? How can you say that the UDD gestapo has been avoiding conflict....or are you one of these people who claim that the 28 deaths, and the more than 700 injured are caused by the PDRC themselves?

A coup is the only thing the reds can use to sell to the outside world that they are the so called advocates of democracy in Thailand. In all other (real) aspects of democracy they have failed miserably, but a coup will give them international support.

If I thought the DSI has acted even handedly you'd be correct, there would be something wrong with me. If you assume Prayuth (or anybody in the middle of all this) is going to act even handedly then there's something wrong with you. I'm saying let the summons etc run their course and let the courts deal with it even-handedly. They will be under the spotlight of the World, they will have to get it right. If they think there's no charge to answer to, so be it.

It would be very wrong of anybody to hold any asumptions about Prayuth 2 days into this

So a one sided amnesty issued by the Army for one side of the political divide? That is going to heal all wounds for sure!

I think the army is just countering the one sided arrest warrants issued by Tarit/DSI for one side of the political divide. So I guess you can call it even?

It would be very wrong of anybody to hold any asumptions about Prayuth 2 days into this

Fair comment.

Fair comment.

It seems Prayuth has also postponed the trial of 24 Red Shirts on terrorism charges too - so that's even handed thus far