Senate Speaker Silent On 'PM Prayuth' Rumour

Lite Beer

I would have no problems with Prayuth being PM, or even Suthep being PM ...as long as they are elected by the majority of Thai people.

Thailand is a parliamentary democracy like the UK. Thus the PM is elected by a simple majority of the lower house, not the electorate. Even in a presidential system like the US you can have a president who lost the popular vote, e. George W Bush.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

that's right.. and it needs to start acting like a Parliamentary democracy and the Army protecting voters against yellow thugs who seek to disrupt their Right to Vote. Can you imagine a vote being disrupted like that by thugs in the UK because they don't like the outcome of democracy?

Can you imagine a UK government that has a self confessed puppet PM controlled by his Boss / Brother / Brother in law (descending order of puppets)

Nope. Nor can I!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That is only your opinion and not a good basis for banning democracy... good the Army are here - now secure ELECTIONS so the people, not TVF know-it-all posters, can decide what THEY want

I would have no problems with Prayuth being PM, or even Suthep being PM ...as long as they are elected by the majority of Thai people.

Thailand is a parliamentary democracy like the UK. Thus the PM is elected by a simple majority of the lower house, not the electorate. Even in a presidential system like the US you can have a president who lost the popular vote, e. George W Bush.

You would also know that to get that simple majority, MP's have to be voted in by the Thai Electorate in the first place. Then the MP's get the chance to vote for the PM. I am quite aware that a party or parties with a minority vote can form a coalition (sometimes with the help of others as with abhisits appointment as PM)

However here we are talking about the imposition of a PM, no Election involved. If that first step is bypassed you are trampling over the rights of approximately 45 million people.

You may not think that is a problem, I do.

Edited by fab4

I heard Suthep says in his election promise that the government will buy the rice harvest at 30.000 Baht/tonne, all students get an Imac and everyone will be rich in 3 months.

Bet he's gone win the elections on one leg.

Nay. Doubt anyone will believe him now after his promises of final...... He can go on all four, he will never win. On top of that, didn't he promised that politics are all behind him? Bet that's another white lie.

that's right.. and it needs to start acting like a Parliamentary democracy and the Army protecting voters against yellow thugs who seek to disrupt their Right to Vote. Can you imagine a vote being disrupted like that by thugs in the UK because they don't like the outcome of democracy?

Can you imagine a UK government that has a self confessed puppet PM controlled by his Boss / Brother / Brother in law (descending order of puppets)

Nope. Nor can I!

That is only your opinion and not a good basis for banning democracy... good the Army are here - now secure ELECTIONS so the people, not TVF know-it-all posters, can decide what THEY want

So you CAN imagine that happening and claim to call it 'democracy '

It highlights the fact that there needs to be reforms in Thailand!

Yes or no?

Alot of people like to bag Suthep but it seems he was the only one with big enough balls to stand up and take on Thaksin. Good on him for that. For Thailand to move on they need to rid the country of his influence. It is always for him not the country. This is evident in many instances in the past and is undeniable. As proven by the courts verdict. Great to see the General has bought some much needed sense to the table. Seems his heart is for the country not his pocket as is with many others. Thanks Suthep for having the balls and thanks to the General for doing his best to fix, what before, was unfixable. Kudos to the big fella.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

But it is the electorate that chooses the House ministers. So in essence the PM is elected through representation by the electorate. It is only the non-elected senators who have expressed interest in the appointment of an interim PM; many of the elected senators do not agree.

• Like 2