Warning To All Those On Dial-up

libya 115

My normal monthly phone bill is about 400 baht, mainly 3 baht dial up for internet.

Today I received a bill for 2800 baht.

I thought something must be wrong; I normally use csloxinfo on a local Pattaya/Chon Buri prefix listed as -038-

However, last month I had tried a new ISP called Ji-Net which I connected to on their advertised Rayong number also prefix -038-

I understood a local call to be any -038- prefix so charged at 3 baht per connection.

Wrong. I have called TT&T and they say that the Ji-Net -038- connection is charged at 6 baht per MINUTE: So back to csloxinfo for me....and a warning to others who might 'try' Ji-Net.

Although this might appear only to apply for me in Pattaya being -038- prefix. I would warn other users of Ji-Net in other cities/provinces with 'local' access numbers to proceed with caution.

Your local dialing area is mapped out in the telephone directory,

of you can read the Thai place names.

Your experience makes an ADSL connection look very attractive. :o

Edited by astral

Wether you are billed local or long distance depends mainly on the province, not on the prefix!

Chachoun Sao, Chonburi and Rayong all share the 038 prefix, but you are only billed a local connection if you call to a number within your own province...

e.g. Rayong -> Rayong = 3 Baht/connection

Pattaya -> Rayong is 6 Baht/ minute!!!!

So you have to carefully read the paper accompanying your dial up package to make sure you choose a number within your own province...

:o

but....

you can use 1222 or *999 nationwide.

i have ji-net unlimit. (they other not really unlimited :D they cut after 3 or 8 hour...

my bill 330 for ji-net and 200-300 for line.

same as maxnet-home adsl from tt&t :D

but....

but....

ok... but finish... :D