Where is the good place to meet new friends in Chiang Mai

chiangmai555

Hey any one have any recommendations where is the good place to meet new friends. Not loi Krao Rd. The people who live here where you normally hang out. For me I enjoy riding motorbike , taking photo.

Best

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Sorry I did I don't give my information. I am 30s love in Thailand long time but I just wanted to meet new friends who live in Chiang Mai too. I want to meet people to share and hang out talk about Thailand some things like that.

Best

I not looking for that too. I have family in Chiang Mai.

He has obviously never been to Pattaya. LOL

I am an old man but I do go to the chiang Mai Ex Pat Club meeting. Held on the fourth Saturday of the month at the La Meridian at 10:00 AM. Some in your age group.

But they have many associated clubs including from Photographing to dining and computer along with board games. I believe 16 in all. You might pick up a few friends in them. I am sure you will enjoy our beautiful city and find many friends. There is also other organizations I am sure some one will come up with one for you. We do have some posters who are very familiar with what is available here in Chiang Mai.

• Like 2

I am an old man but I do go to the chiang Mai Ex Pat Club meeting. Held on the fourth Saturday of the month at the La Meridian at 10:00 AM. Some in your age group.

But they have many associated clubs including from Photographing to dining and computer along with board games. I believe 16 in all. You might pick up a few friends in them. I am sure you will enjoy our beautiful city and find many friends. There is also other organizations I am sure some one will come up with one for you. We do have some posters who are very familiar with what is available here in Chiang Mai.

Thank you so much for your advice.

Temples...on Buddha Day....to meet Thai people. Catholic Churches Sunday morningsin Neeman......and Synagogs Friday nights by the Meridien Hotel .......to meet most Western foreigners......

Well, i always looking for new friends ;-)

I see you write about a bike trip in another thread, and thats a great way to meet decent people, if your not into the usual old semi alcoholics (Sorry if i offended anyone..).

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your advice.

Your welcome. Maybe tomorrow after the coup has settled in some of the other knowledgeable people will come on line. By the way the La Meridian is on Loi Kroh right on the corner with the night bazaar.

Yes, so far the most meaningful reply is to come by the general meeting of the CM Expats Club tomorrow, Saturday May 24 at Le Meridien hotel, gather at 10 am for a 10:30 start. There you can hear about various other activities in Chiang Mai.

That club also has informal "Coffee Mornings" at River Market restaurant that are a good opportunity to chat with people. At tomorrow's meeting they'll announce a change in schedule. Previously those Coffee Mornings were just once a month, starting in June, they'll be twice a month -- the 1st and 3rd Friday of the month, 10 am to 12:00 noon. You can come just for coffee or an optional breakfast buffet that most people turn into an early lunch.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1

Yes, so far the most meaningful reply is to come by the general meeting of the CM Expats Club tomorrow, Saturday May 24 at Le Meridien hotel, gather at 10 am for a 10:30 start. There you can hear about various other activities in Chiang Mai.

That club also has informal "Coffee Mornings" at River Market restaurant that are a good opportunity to chat with people. At tomorrow's meeting they'll announce a change in schedule. Previously those Coffee Mornings were just once a month, starting in June, they'll be twice a month -- the 1st and 3rd Friday of the month, 10 am to 12:00 noon. You can come just for coffee or an optional breakfast buffet that most people turn into an early lunch.

yes agree with you nancyLbiggrin.png , the expats club has plenty to offer on the social side etc etc if required smile.png ,,but to the opening poster please be very wary of any investment spruikers that may still be lurking aboutsmile.png

and all have a lovely daybiggrin.png

Edited by evenstevens
  • Like 1

yes agree with you nancyL,thumbsup.gif the expats club has plenty to offer on the social side etc etc if required smile.png ,,but to the opening poster please be very wary of any investment spruikers that may still be lurking about:)

all have a lovely day:D

I agree and please let the Board know if anyone attending a CEC meeting is approached by someone trying to sell you shady investments. At this time the only financial services company that is a sponsor of CEC is Bangkok Bank and they'll have some people there tomorrow sitting at a table in the lobby to answer questions about how to open an account or transfer money into Thailand -- not trying to sell you shady investments.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 2

nicely done nancyL..take a bowsmile.pngclap2.gif sincerely wish u all the luck in the world to turn around the expats club into helpful and assisting community club that c/mai can be proud of biggrin.png ,your above post says you are heading in the right directionsmile.png ,u have been subjected to a lot of malacious nonsence(j.m.o) and remember my true motto,...nancybiggrin.png its a great life as long as u dont weakensmile.png

Edited by evenstevens
  • Like 2