How was the curfew being observed in Hua Hin

All the bars in Bintabhat were closed as were Soi 80. From what I heard the police didn't come round and instruct them to close they did it of their own choice. I'm not sure about whether the restaurants or the bars down Khao Takiab closed or not. I was at an out of the way bar until midnight and it was eerily quiet when the missus drove me home. I made a comment to her that in over 12 years in Thailand it was the first time I'd seen a trading 711 shut.

I was told by a friend that owns a bar that the police said all bars had to close at 10pm. I didn't go out. . So don't know if it was followed?

A friend of mine who has a bar in Bintabhat said that there was no police contact, the owner of the bar I was in (Thai) tried to call the police for instruction and couldn't get a reply, this was just after 10PM. She presumed they were observing the curfew. biggrin.png

Edited by OnTheRun

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

DOn't know about Hua Hin; but they were all closed in Pattaya, East Pattaya and Jomtien. Even 7 elevens were close by 10

I agree with Larry.

Jomtien was like a Ghost Town. Even the Condo Bar inside the Condo Compound looked closed. Never seen it so quiet here before.

Why would anyone take a chance on being arrested or pay a heavy fine or jail time ? The military mean business and they are just waiting to demonstrate that. Thai people know this.

Exactly, and that "under-the-table-thing" also does not work with them. So no exceptions!

Jomtien was like a Ghost Town. Even the Condo Bar inside the Condo Compound looked closed. Never seen it so quiet here before.

and it'll be quiet ever hereafter...somebody just whispered to me the curfew will stay with us for quite some time

Je ne sais pas si les bars étaient hier fermé, mais 23 Hfits nombreuses voitures, motos et piétons passaient dans ma rue. Ce n'était pas la police

Qu'est-ce qu'un hfit?

sarcasme,

it means 23 hours or 11 o'clock at night, but my English, eh

DOn't know about Hua Hin; but they were all closed in Pattaya, East Pattaya and Jomtien. Even 7 elevens were close by 10

And a number of cars, song taeows and motorbikes were moving about with their headlights off (because you won't know they're there if their headlights are off facepalm.gif ).

Last time we had a curfew someone went about with a loudspeaker on the back of a truck announcing that everyone needed to close down and go home. Didn't hear that this time, but I did hear the occasional hand claps of motorcy taxi drivers trying to get the attention of would-be customers.

I arrived in to chaam last night at 1030pm after a drive up from phuket.

The main road by the traffic lights to the beach was busy wirh alot of locals eating. Turning into the road towards the beach . Not a soul. Beach road had two vendors and the only people i seen there were the normal guesthouse guys trying pull customers in.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I subscribe to google alerts for Hua Hin and the last news I got published yesterday said this"

"Thailand's National Council for Peace and Order issued a statement on Tuesday (3 June), effectively ending the curfew that was in place on the popular tourist islands of Phuket and Samui, as well as Pattaya city to the south of Bangkok.

The curfew remains in effect from 00:01 until 04:00 for the rest of the country, including other popular tourist destinations such as Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Krabi, Hua Hin and the capital city, Bangkok."

Well, the curfew is kinda flexible it seems. On Saturday night past in Hua Hin, I went to the karaoke bars near the Hilton and asked the police if we could go in - they said yes until 2 a.m. after which time we went home. What a curfew!