Flying to Savanakhet - Non O questions

Hi all,

Planning to fly to Savvanakhet to finally apply for my Non - O visa. I will be aiming to get a multiple entry and have a couple of questions.

- flying should eliminate the possibility of no entry, as is being reported at land borders currently. Am I correct in thinking this? - obviously things can change quickly. But as of right now, my thinking is that this will ensure I don't have problems trying to get back into the country.

- is it possible to do an extension based on marriage on the second entry of the visa? I need to leave the country and also have my funds for the visa in a term deposit, which ends a little late to apply for the extension on my first entry.

Planning to leave BKK next Sunday if nothing changes too much. Come back Wednesday on direct flights in both direction.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You do not have to worry about entering the country at a border crossing if you have a visa.

You can do your extension with any entry from your visa.

You can use a fixed term account that is in your name if it is the type of account that allows you to remove the funds at any time with no penalty other than loss of interest. There are some offices that might not accept any fixed term account though.

You could get a single entry visa and then get a 60 day extension to visit you wife if that gives you enough time.

You do not have to worry about entering the country at a border crossing if you have a visa.

You can do your extension with any entry from your visa.

You can use a fixed term account that is in your name if it is the type of account that allows you to remove the funds at any time with no penalty other than loss of interest. There are some offices that might not accept any fixed term account though.

You could get a single entry visa and then get a 60 day extension to visit you wife if that gives you enough time.

Thanks ubonjoe.

In regards to the border crossing I was referring to the very recent reports of it being closed in certain areas due to the Coup. Also as I would have to take an over night bus and there is a curfew, I assume they aren't running. Hence why I thought the flying option seems like my safest option.

Do you think flying is the best option in this instance?

I don't think the crossings will be closed for more than a few days. And the same for the curfew.

Air Asia and Nok Air offer a fly/ride service to Mudahan via the airport in Nakhon Phanom.

Yeah, will wait for news on the border. Looked at the Nok Air flights, with transfer and they are all coming up as unavailable. You can search for them, but no options show.

I'm guessing until the border is 100% they are saving their behinds.