Public transport services normal before curfew 10pm - 5am

webfact

Public transport services normal before curfew

BANGKOK, 23 May 2014 (NNT) – Public Transportation under the Ministry of Transport continues to provide services follow the curfew declaration by the National Peace and Order Maintaining Council (NPOMC). The curfew prohibits people from being outside their residences between 10 P.M.- 5 A.M., as of yesterday (22nd May), until further notice.

Nevertheless transportation systems, including road transport, air transport, and train transport, are providing normal services.

Bangkok Mass Transit Authority (BMTA) will provide buses until 11 P.M.. Railways are operating normally.

People who bought tickets for any train service from 22nd May 2014 onwards, are welcome to request a full refund without any deductions until further notice.

Passengers who want to travel during the curfew are recommended to start earlier by at least 2 hours, to allow for any emergency.

MRT Skytrain service will begin daily at 6 A.M. and end at 9 P.M. The Airport Rail Link will also close at 9 P.M.

Airports of Thailand (AOT) has also announced that flights continue normally. Departing passengers who need to travel to the airport during the curfew using private vehicles have to present their tickets and passport to the authorities on request.

Anyone picking up passengers at Suvarnabhumi Airport, can ask for a permit to do so, in the 4th floor departure hall at gate 3 and 5 or the 2nd floor information counter at departure hall gate 3.

For more information, please visit www.thaiairways.com, www.thaismileair.com, or contact THAI Contact Center 0 2356 1111, AOT Contact Center 1722, Don Mueang Airport 0 2535 3861.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-05-23 footer_n.gif

BMTA to adjust the transport routes based on situation

BANGKOK, 23 May 2014 (NNT) –The Bangkok Mass Transit Authority (BMTA) has announced plans to adjust transport routes according to the changing situation.

Mr.Narade Boonpiam, Deputy Director (Administration) of BMTA has revealed that following the National Peace and Order Maintaining Council announcement, effective from 22 May 2014 onwards, BMTA has set up a Travel Facilitation Center to facilitate passengers use of transport.

Since the declaration of a coup on 22nd May 2014, nineteen transport routes have been changed, while customer numbers have declined by 2.82 percent, and the income has reduced by 11.13 percent.

However, to facilitate BMTA and other private transport operations, the BMTA will adjust transport routes according to the current situation.

The BMTA authorities will also provide hotline services for travel information throughout day.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-05-23 footer_n.gif

I'm curious. I have a 02:35 flight next week. According to the reports, getting to the airport is not a problem as I will have my flight ticket and passport with me. However, what happens to my driver if/when he gets stop on the way home after dropping me off at the airport? Can he then show a copy of my flight ticket and explain that he is returning home?

I'm curious. I have a 02:35 flight next week. According to the reports, getting to the airport is not a problem as I will have my flight ticket and passport with me. However, what happens to my driver if/when he gets stop on the way home after dropping me off at the airport? Can he then show a copy of my flight ticket and explain that he is returning home?

I was driving yesterday and I only arrived back home about 10.40pm. Between 10 and 10.40pm there was no unusual presence of soldiers or police on the streets and plenty of cars still on the roads. I highly doubt that the military or police are going to start questioning every car driving in every part of the country.

I saw news reports on Channel News Asia that showed cars traveling in downtown Bangkok well beyond midnight. Therefore, I don't think car drivers will be much affected by this.

2.35am? What airline is that with? That must be the worst possible timing for a flight ever.

Perhaps the military should instruct the airports to close between 11pm and 5am or something, to prevent difficulties? Also, it will provide a little noise relief to those poor people who live near the airport.

2.35am? What airline is that with? That must be the worst possible timing for a flight ever.

Perhaps the military should instruct the airports to close between 11pm and 5am or something, to prevent difficulties? Also, it will provide a little noise relief to those poor people who live near the airport.

Actually, the ETD is 02:55 :)

It is Etihad Airways, flying to Abu Dhabi and connecting to Europe, arriving around 13:00, same day arrival. I enjoy taking these late flights. I always go and have a nice long dinner near the airport where I can chill, relax, imbibe some JW Black. Then check in around midnight, proceed to the lounge for some nightcaps. When I get on the plane, I'm ready to sleep straight through till arrival to Abu Dhabi.

During transit, Etihad has a nice lounge as well with good coffee and most importantly, a smoking room. Transit a couple of hours, then back onto the plane. By now, I'm already rested so watch a couple of movies and light nap before arriving to Europe. I can then easily stay awake the rest of the day till night time (Europe time) and go to sleep around midnight and wake up the next morning. No jetlag at all!!

• Like 1

Actually, the ETD is 02:55 smile.png

It is Etihad Airways, flying to Abu Dhabi and connecting to Europe, arriving around 13:00, same day arrival. I enjoy taking these late flights. I always go and have a nice long dinner near the airport where I can chill, relax, imbibe some JW Black. Then check in around midnight, proceed to the lounge for some nightcaps. When I get on the plane, I'm ready to sleep straight through till arrival to Abu Dhabi.

During transit, Etihad has a nice lounge as well with good coffee and most importantly, a smoking room. Transit a couple of hours, then back onto the plane. By now, I'm already rested so watch a couple of movies and light nap before arriving to Europe. I can then easily stay awake the rest of the day till night time (Europe time) and go to sleep around midnight and wake up the next morning. No jetlag at all!!

I think I just read in Thailand Live Friday that drivers who dropped off people at the airport can get a certificate or something like that.

ADD: page 2 #47 plus

http://suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/news/253/%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%93%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%94%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A8%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%8C%E0%B8%9F%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%A7-%E0%B8%AB%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B4%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%AB%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A5%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%96%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99-2200-0500-%E0%B8%99

Edited by rubl

Sounds like many tourists who arrive during the curfew period will be stranded overnight as the hoops the

drivers are having to jump through are not worth the hassle for the taxi's. Can't last for long, nobody can be that dumb.

Actually, the ETD is 02:55 smile.png

OK fair enough but I would be exhausted from all that sleep disturbance. Me personally I hate overnight flights, the latest one I caught being that god awful THAI Kolkata to Bangkok flight that departs about the same time (2am) from Kolkata, and gets into Bangkok at 6am. No idea why such a short flight (it's only 2hrs) needs to be in the middle of the night, especially given that Kolkata airport has no other flights at that time.

Sounds like many tourists who arrive during the curfew period will be stranded overnight as the hoops the

drivers are having to jump through are not worth the hassle for the taxi's. Can't last for long, nobody can be that dumb.

Or the leadership could decide to impose a night time flight curfew to prevent this from happening. For the most part, I can't understand the rationale behind say a 3am flight arrival time. Some hotels won't even check you in at that time. Fortunately there's no way I would ever choose to fly at that time and no airlines that would offer a departure or arrival time between 1am and 5am for any destinations I normally fly to from Bangkok.