International alarm mounts over Thai coup

webfact

Publicus post # 864

It is best not to reply to a post such as this.

The truth is always hard to destroy isn't it,

P.T.P. are shown for what they were and in truth still are, nothing more nothing less, the sponsors of domestic terrorism manipulation of the law and rampant nepotism, corruption.

laugh.png

Fancy laughing at the truth, Song---Roy Orbison. " It's Over"

Actually Clouseau, the post # 864 is not my post.

So, I'll know when you've read this and have gone to see post #864 because I'll hear your jaw hit the floor.

Shall I call in Cato? Nah, you're the chief inspector so you'll figure it out......eventually.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pol Lt-General Detnarong Suthichanbancha of Provincial Police Region 4 Khon Kean said the 279 teams led intelligence and sting operations before laying siege to 500 areas and 2,700 illegal entertainment venues. Some 3,413 suspects were rounded up and slapped with charges ranging from

Of those arrested, 382 were charged with illegally possessing arms and 407 guns, 1,028 bullets and seven grenades were seized from them.

source The Nation

All well and good but will we see all regions so thoroughly targeted ?

Yes, we already have. Look around the news to see all around Thailand is being targeted, eg. Trat, Chonburi, Songkla, etc.

Really ? I havnt heard of thousands being charged anywhere else ranging from gambling, drug trafficking, prostitution and the illegal possession of arms. Just a few caches of weaponry.

​Please provide links or details to a similar blanket operation as in region 4

There aren't "thousands" being charged anywhere, including Khon Kaen.

I mistook your concerns about there being equal efforts to locate illegal weapons, such as the assault weapons in Trat or the rocket-propelled grenades in Chonburi. Naturally, I thought your main interest was getting these devastating instruments of death and destruction taken off the streets.

Now I see I was wrong and what you really want to make sure is that other areas are having street walkers taken off the street. Sorry, I can't help you with that information from other locations.

Ok dok thanks for clarifying, no my interest isnt about weapon seizures thats what youd expect, what im more interested in is the other couple of thousand suspects rounded up for various things un related to insurrection. Someone else once used a drug purge to meter out a little convenient justice of their own and a good number was nothing to do with drugs just an excuse to remove incionveniences.

Im not making it up im just quoting from an article quoting a general, its his words and numbers not mine and its clear its in the thousands so if you know different please do tell more.

P.T.P. are shown for what they were and in truth still are, nothing more nothing less, the sponsors of domestic terrorism manipulation of the law and rampant nepotism, corruption.

laugh.png

Fancy laughing at the truth, Song---Roy Orbison. " It's Over"

Actually Clouseau, the post # 864 is not my post.

So, I'll know when you've read this and have gone to see post #864 because I'll hear your jaw hit the floor.

Shall I call in Cato? Nah, you're the chief inspector so you'll figure it out......eventually.

Your smiley is laughing at Siampoles post ???? so I answered that smiley------

Well, since you ask ... ...

PTP sponsored the UDD led riots in 2010. For those actions UDD leaders are charged with terrorism.

PTP doint what it can if trying to pushed through a amnesty bill modified to be a blanket amnesty bill and even covered Thaksin's last two years in/out of office and the first two disaster years of the Yingluck administration.

Ms. Yingluck has been found guilty of "conflict of interest" by the NACC, relative Surapong gave Thaksin a new passport while the nation was occupied with floodwaters.

So, let's conclude that politicians and especially Pheu Thai wasn't interested in solving the countries problems, just those of Thaksin and a few others. Now that's an issue some would rather not discuss it would seem.

"PTP sponsored the UDD led riots in 2010"

and you know this because? There were attempts by the abhisit administration to investigate who was "sponsoring" the events of 2010 and try and link them to Thaksin let alone the PTP. No evidence was found but here you are categorically stating that the PTP were sponsors of what you call riots. I don't know about you but I find that to be a pack of lies - unless of course you are willing to show everybody your evidence?

• Like 1

There has been a civil war ongoing in the South for the past 10 years, so to state that the country was close to civil war is an injustice to those innocents who have lost their lives through this war, you can't be "close" to a civil war when you're already engaged in one!!

And that campaign has gone well hasn't it.

The cynic in me wonders how many of the multiple rows of medals worn by the junta are for tours (of duty) "down south"?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't know. How many trips did the Shin PM's make down south in nearly a decade of holding office?

• Like 1

Regarding the Hitler analogy, I'm pretty sure the PTP had no plans to annex the Sudetenland or invade Poland. In fact I don't think they had any annexation or invasion plans at all. Your analogy is quite a stretch.

But there is that little bit of Cambodia with the temple on it, that was traditionally theirs.

• Like 1

As the poster below happens to be unaware there is a total news black out with regard to the question of people being held or people having just disappeared. We suspect that has already happened here in the north of Thailand but with the restrictions on the media it is anyones guess. I am walking the streets every day. The soldiers here are dark skinned people from the South. There is absolutely no doubt that the look on their faces mean we will shoot first and ask questions later. They are strangers here and you can see that by the blank and nervous looks on their faces. There is no doubt there will be a shooting war break out and the military are just delaying it .
Unfortunately the Western media all hear the word 'coup' and throw their hands up and gasp in horror, HP being just another bad example of this.
Unfortunately, you really have to have lived here some time to understand the blatant corruption and inept mis-management here - Westerners really SHOULD NOT judge by their standards.
In fact, at a stroke, the country is pretty well pacified, life goes on as normal and the inept and corrupt politicians have been grabbed by the military and put in safe houses after which, they will hopefully be made to answer for their actions.
Butt out all you hand-wringing Yanks UK, Frogs and appeasing pinko Amnesty International, etc - all the General wanted to do was restore peace and order and he's been magnificent at it so far.
Only time will tell what happens next - if it's bad, THEN you can complain ..

Maybe they gasp in horror because Human Rights violated? Curfew? No freedom of speech? Threats if speak against Junta? Arrests without any explanation given? No mention of when civilian administration will be restored?

Do you think is good to complain once people will be killed, silenced forever, or detained for years unjustly?

A question for you: do you live in Thailand?

I think that question should go to you - as you have just used your freedom of speech and voiced against the Junta - anyone knocking at your door right now? No? Strange that! Curfew? Happens in many democracies following a mass breach of the peace - does that stop them being democracies? Sometimes some rights have to be curtailed either individually (such as imprisoning someone) or en masse (such as a curfew so innocents are not hurt and insurrection can be limited). Who was arrested without explanation? Everyone so far announced as arrested or having reported, has either been released already (just where is YL now?) and/or the reason is known well to all. How can they announce when order will be restored unless they either have a crystal ball - or use severe measure to achieve it - neither likely. the latter hardly desirable! People have been killed - and many more were going to be killed - complaining was not getting very far now was it? How many have been killed by the junta since then? Well, erm, that would be none then - even from those 21 self proclaimed terrorists caught yesterday! Yes, if someone is detained unjustly for years, then complain - if someone is executed extrajudicially - then feel free to complain - hasn't happened yet though has it?

They gasp in horror for what you say, BECAUSE they do not live here and have no idea what a coup means here - or why it was necessary.

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text

The real reason that foreign governments are worrying is that in a month or so, everyone will want a Prayuth in charge and the facade of politician expertise will have been shattered in a giant iconiclasm

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

PTP sponsored the UDD led riots in 2010. For those actions UDD leaders are charged with terrorism.

PTP doint what it can if trying to pushed through a amnesty bill modified to be a blanket amnesty bill and even covered Thaksin's last two years in/out of office and the first two disaster years of the Yingluck administration.

Ms. Yingluck has been found guilty of "conflict of interest" by the NACC, relative Surapong gave Thaksin a new passport while the nation was occupied with floodwaters.

So, let's conclude that politicians and especially Pheu Thai wasn't interested in solving the countries problems, just those of Thaksin and a few others. Now that's an issue some would rather not discuss it would seem.

and you know this because? There were attempts by the abhisit administration to investigate who was "sponsoring" the events of 2010 and try and link them to Thaksin let alone the PTP. No evidence was found but here you are categorically stating that the PTP were sponsors of what you call riots. I don't know about you but I find that to be a pack of lies - unless of course you are willing to show everybody your evidence?

Are you kidding? Link Thaksin to the events in 2010? Wow. And the violence?

thaksinstudio2.jpg

taksin%20sah%20daend.jpg

ThaksinPhoneIn.jpg

Links that would stand up in court ( a real one) - think about it.

Edited by fab4

A pack of lies? I know you like tangibles, but Thaksin c.s. are very good at "Amply Rich" constructions as you might know. If you don't mind waiting another 10 to 20 years, I may be allowed to provide those tangibles. Mind you a few UDD leaders referred to Thaksin, the renegade general She Daeng 'consulted' with Thaksin. Etc., etc. Plus of course Pheu Thai belongs to Thaksin. I guess you will disclaim that because I don't have a copy of the ownership documents at hand. Well, sorry about that, what was I thinking.

So, back to 'international alarm growing' with a few posters desperately trying to blame all but those who should be blamed.

You do know the the definition of sponsored - as one poster used to keep on saying, follow the money. Well they tried that, froze lot's of accounts and come up with exactly nothing.

I'll look forward to your next "everyone knows" accusation. Oh that didn't take long. - who should be blamed for the coup, rubl?

thaksinstudio2.jpg

taksin%20sah%20daend.jpg

ThaksinPhoneIn.jpg

The last photo reminds me of:

Speaking of 1984.

Not about corruption. Not about democracy. Not about redshirts or yellowshirts. All about holding on to power.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

thaksinstudio2.jpg

taksin%20sah%20daend.jpg

ThaksinPhoneIn.jpg

Followed by a dozen Red Shirts being rewarded with Pheu Thai Party-list MP seats.

• Like 1

Yes, we already have. Look around the news to see all around Thailand is being targeted, eg. Trat, Chonburi, Songkla, etc.

Really ? I havnt heard of thousands being charged anywhere else ranging from gambling, drug trafficking, prostitution and the illegal possession of arms. Just a few caches of weaponry.

I mistook your concerns about there being equal efforts to locate illegal weapons, such as the assault weapons in Trat or the rocket-propelled grenades in Chonburi. Naturally, I thought your main interest was getting these devastating instruments of death and destruction taken off the streets.

Now I see I was wrong and what you really want to make sure is that other areas are having street walkers taken off the street. Sorry, I can't help you with that information from other locations.

Ok dok thanks for clarifying, no my interest isnt about weapon seizures thats what youd expect, what im more interested in is the other couple of thousand suspects rounded up for various things un related to insurrection. Someone else once used a drug purge to meter out a little convenient justice of their own and a good number was nothing to do with drugs just an excuse to remove incionveniences.

Im not making it up im just quoting from an article quoting a general, its his words and numbers not mine and its clear its in the thousands so if you know different please do tell more.

So I was correct in thinking that your concerns lie with street walkers and gamblers more so than war weapons, but it's good to know your priorities.

I'm sure if the hundreds arrested for hooking, poker, and drugs somehow morphs into a Thaksin Drug War-like slaughter of thousands, we'll know soon enough. As it stands now, the non-judicial killing of drug users has zero casualities AFAIK.

Not sure which of your points that you're saying "I'm not making it up", but if you are referring to "thousands arrested", I'd be interested in reading about it.

Edited by Luger2
  • Like 1

Regarding the Hitler analogy, I'm pretty sure the PTP had no plans to annex the Sudetenland or invade Poland. In fact I don't think they had any annexation or invasion plans at all. Your analogy is quite a stretch.

But there is that little bit of Cambodia with the temple on it, that was traditionally theirs.
Indeed it is, but if my memory is right it was the yellows who did their best to start a war over that. The evil Hitlerite Thaksin driven PTP led by the meglomaniac powercrazed puppet she devil showed little interest.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by JAG

So I was correct in thinking that your concerns lie with street walkers and gamblers more so than war weapons, but it's good to know your priorities.

I'm sure if the hundreds arrested for hooking, poker, and drugs somehow morphs into a Thaksin Drug War-like slaughter of thousands, we'll know soon enough. As it stands now, the non-judicial killing of drug users has zero casualities AFAIK.

Not sure which of your points that you're saying "I'm not making it up", but if you are referring to "thousands arrested", I'd be interested in reading about it.

So the short answer is you dont have any links or proof.

I gave you the full link in the first post go read it yourself wai2.gif

For the record yes im as bothered about thousands being rounded up as it states, as for prorities, raids on arms caches is what id expect, what youd not expect is a few thousand rounded up for other non lethal misdemeanour's at this time... As you said yourself priorities and the first would be security, I fail to see what gambling dens or prostitution has to do with security, more like a purge that will overburden holding pens and or courts... right now its looking more like a purge not reconciliation. Think about it

Don't waste your time trying to twist my posts or words, youll come unstuck wink.png

For the record yes im as bothered about thousands being rounded up as it states, as for prorities, raids on arms caches is what id expect, what youd not expect is a few thousand rounded up for other non lethal misdemeanour's at this time... As you said yourself priorities and the first would be security, I fail to see what gambling dens or prostitution has to do with security, more like a purge that will overburden holding pens and or courts... right now its looking more like a purge not reconciliation. Think about it

I gave a post and link in post 836 that gave an account of similar action in Bangkok to your report.

A purge? On what? Hookers? Gamblers? Sounds horrific, I suppose, if you're into that stuff.

How does one reconcile with a prostitute? Isn't that usually done the morning after?

• Like 1

There's reports starting to come out that the Military Junta have banned the 3 fingered "Hunger Games style " salute.. hmmmmmm the right to protest now is being outlawed? Sounds a bit ominous, a bit silly, I guess you're not allowed to have an opinion that goes against the ruling body then? General Prayuth isn't messing around, that's for sure, and there's bound to be some condemnation that he seems to be suppressing public disent, I don't have an issue with those who use violent means to protest, but to stamp out the right to protest silently but with a gesture is a bit OTT.. but it's his rules, his train set and he can do what he wants, I have a funny feeling things are not all that rosy in the Military Gardens right now.

Publicus post # 864

It is best not to reply to a post such as this.

"sponsors of domestic terrorism"

Could you give an example of the PTP sponsoring terrorism?

"manipulation of the law"

Well the PTP isn't allowed to write, re-write and ignore the constitution the way the military does, so they do what they can.

"rampant nepotism, corruption."

Let's discuss the military's qualifications and credibility in solving these problems. Oh wait, we can't, can we?

PTP doing what it can is trying to pushed through a amnesty bill modified to be a blanket amnesty bill and even covered Thaksin's last two years in/out of office and the first two disaster years of the Yingluck administration.

Let's start with the obvious; you only addressed the first point, presumably because you didn't want to address the second, and couldn't address the third.

I'll ask for evidence of PTP sponsoring UDD led riots in 2010.

The amnesty bill may have been a bad idea, but it's a stretch to call it an act of terrorism.

The conflict of interest was re-assigning a minister appointed by her predecessor, Abhisit. I've never known that to be described as an act of terrorism.

Now a request--please address my third point and explain the military's competence and credibility in eliminating corruption in Thailand. You're defending the current government, you needn't worry about censorship. Have fun. But be careful, if all you can do is attack the former government, you'll be announcing that you have nothing.

I gave a post and link in post 836 that gave an account of similar action in Bangkok to your report.

A purge? On what? Hookers? Gamblers? Sounds horrific, I suppose, if you're into that stuff.

How does one reconcile with a prostitute? Isn't that usually done the morning after?

Really ? thousands detained in Bangkok on ? nope dont think so...

If you think security is at risk from a few thousand of those hookers or gamblers your stretching it, this is the pretext btw for these round ups. Security.... like a said I fail to see the connection but maybe you do when you apply Thai logic i dont know.

thaksinstudio2.jpg

taksin%20sah%20daend.jpg

ThaksinPhoneIn.jpg

You will have to explain those pictures to Fab4 he believes a thousand words in a history book is more accurate.

clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Hey, Bruce either the amnesty bill was a bad idea or it wasn't. No may have been about it.

Your point being? Are you suggesting that whenever a Prime Minister, with the support of some members of his or her government, submits a bad idea that a military coup is the correct response?

Hey, Bruce either the amnesty bill was a bad idea or it wasn't. No may have been about it.

Nepotism, inexcusable blatant abuse of power and the primary cause of deaths and injuries,

The real reason that foreign governments are worrying is that in a month or so, everyone will want a Prayuth in charge and the facade of politician expertise will have been shattered in a giant iconiclasm

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nah, not many citizens on this planet like curfews, detainment without proper legal procedures and limited freedom of speech. Although for citizens in some countries this might actually be an improvement. Luckily the number of countries concerned isn't that big.