Buying second hand bike with Credit Card

DmMc

Any ideas, where to buy a used bike with payment by VISA?

I want to purchase a bike, but main big bike offices (checked Honda & Kawasaki) have no choice of used bikes...

They accept credit card payment within my budget (~200k bt), and I can buy something like new CB500X, but I prefer to get used - maybe less expensive or higher class in the same price range.

Thanks in advance for any info of dealers!

I'm in Bangkok )

Yes, new is a good option, but for the same money I beleive I can get used Versys or maybe another touring bike, bigger than CB500X.

My goal is long weekend rides, and I'm not a small Thai guy ))))

Edited by DmMc

I'm in Bangkok )

Yes, new is a good option, but for the same money I beleive I can get used Versys or maybe another touring bike, bigger than CB500X.

I am sure you can buy a second hand bike with credit card.

But of course not from an owner but most probably from a shop that sells second hand big bikes. Then, of course you pay more to these shops and sure they charge you an extra percentage just for paying it with credit card.

And, cb500x is not designed for Thai people but for all markets.

Believe me, It has enough room for a foreigner and it is not cramped and getting a new bike is always better than a second hand one especially here.

good luck.

But of course not from an owner but most probably from a shop that sells second hand big bikes.

That's what I'm looking for: recommended shops with good choice and confirmed credit card acceptance.

But of course not from an owner but most probably from a shop that sells second hand big bikes.

That's what I'm looking for: recommended shops with good choice and confirmed credit card acceptance.

check mocyc.com

you can find those shops.

I remember there was a guy specialized on second hand kawas but not sure he is there now.

Keep in mind, you might be looking for a good bargain but if the bike is tired, abused, crashed etc, it means extra expense so you lose what you save.

Also sure for 200 k, you will get a bike more than 15 - 20 k km.

a 0 km cb500x for 200 k with no hassle and problems is a great choice and cb500x is also a good light bike easier to ride.

I'm in Bangkok )

The seating position on the Versys isn't better for tall guys, you are just sitting higher. 500X even has a more relaxed "hip angle". Check it out at http://cycle-ergo.com/

But components (suspension) of the Versys are a different class of course. Better suited for heavy guys and touring. Many people are thinking about the 500X but what they really want is the Versys or V-Strom. 500X is just the low budget version of them.

Edited by wantan

I'm in Bangkok )

The seating position on the Versys isn't better for tall guys, you are just sitting higher. 500X even has a more relaxed "hip angle". Check it out at http://cycle-ergo.com/

But components (suspension) of the Versys are a different class of course. Better suited for heavy guys and touring. Many people are thinking about the 500X but what they really want is the Versys or V-Strom. 500X is just the low budget version of them.

I have had booth the Versys and CB500X and I can tell you that the Versys is more more spacious. It's a bigger bike with a much larger seat etc. The CB500X feels fairly small.

Didn't notice the relaxed hip angle on the CB. smile.png

I have had booth the Versys and CB500X and I can tell you that the Versys is more more spacious. It's a bigger bike with a much larger seat etc. The CB500X feels fairly small.

How come? Overall dimensions are pretty much the same, except the height. But OK, maybe larger seat and wider handlebar.

post-129800-0-14235100-1401352622_thumb.

versys is a better bike that is why it is 100 k more expensive.

but in the meantime cb500x do whatever versys can do for 100 k less but maybe a bit slower.

Perfectly understandable thoughts for a Honda fanboy smile.png

OP, sorry for offtopic. Good luck in finding what you are looking for.

Edited by wantan

How come? Overall dimensions are pretty much the same, except the height. But OK, maybe larger seat and wider handlebar.

attachicon.gif500x-Versys.png

but in the meantime cb500x do whatever versys can do for 100 k less but maybe a bit slower.

Perfectly understandable thoughts for a Honda fanboy smile.png

OP, sorry for offtopic. Good luck in finding what you are looking for.

Yeah, perfectly ununderstandable thoughts from someone who probably never ever rode one of these bikes.

Go troll somewhere else wantan.

Edited by ll2

^
ll2, you know i dont ride. But i have my opinion and want to share it biggrin.png

Whatever, good you told us the truth: CB500X and Versys, can all do same same, so better buy the Honda. Thats so easy man, thanks a lot rolleyes.gif

Sorry...but even I as a Honda fan have to admit that the Versys will do to a CB500X what the cb500 does to the CBR250. Where the smaller bike rider will be hunched over trying to pick up speed, or downshifting to get their bike moving at a 'decent' clip the Versys rider will be sitting upright feeling sorry for the wee machine trying to keep up.

And I love my CB500X.

Zero info, just another Holy War... (

Is A.P.Honda the only option to buy new CB500X in BKK?

sorry but i think all the info you need is stated here.

1- Buying a second hand bike with credit card can only be done at some shops selling big bikes mostly listed at mocyc.com

2- You will end up paying a lot for these shops just bc they know you dont have any cash and can only get your bike with credit card from them. So, they will see you coming.

3- They most probably charge you 3 to 6 percent just bc you use credit card.

4- it is riskier to buy a second hand bike than a 0 km one.

Best option for you is buying a 0 km Honda or Kawa from the dealer.

But, these dealers sometime have some second hand bikes possibly they get from trade ins so you can ask too if they have any but not sure if they sell them to you instead of a new one!

Is A.P.Honda the only option to buy new CB500X in BKK?

Yep, at BigWing. A member here two months ago said they want to start selling them in smaller Honda shops too, but i dont think they have started doing so.

Also you will have to go to one of the few BigWing for service to keep your warranty.

DmMC take a small trip down to Pattaya. Tha Kawasaki shop here always has tons of used bikes from 200,000 & up. You can probably step into a 650 Ninja or a ER6N. the 2010 models are about 200,000 or less the 2011 are 220,000 or so. Great bike Got an ER6n myself. It kicks ass for a medium range bike & would be comfy for any height weight bracket. The Versys better for tour, But then a BMW would be nicer & both more cash. If you want to come down this way I kinda got a nice repoure with a couple of the techs that can turn a deal for me. You probably would be better taking the cash advance & biting the bullet on payments cause cash will always get you a better deal in the long run. Let me know if you want to come down & look. I go there every friday & can find out what they have in stock for you.And Pattaya is way more relaxed than BKK. The have some nice scooby snacks here as well!