Foreigner allegedly arrested for buying 'Peace please' T-Shirt.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A foreigner was arrested by the military after he was found buying Tshirt stating “Peace Please” at Victory Monument.

I'm not a fan of the coup, but the guy did not just buy a T shirt. He was photographed deliberately displaying it in front of a group of soldiers.

If the above is true, then seems the headline is a bit misleading...

As then he was not arrested for buying a T-shirt.... It would mean that he was arrested for actively protesting against the Coup in front of the soldiers

Which is a big no no..

It doesn't matter what side you are for or against, it has been made very clear by Thai authorities on both sides that foreigners taking part in protests will be deported

I remember this happening both with some foreigners joining both the Reds and some foreigners joining the yellows and recently One high profile foreigner joining Suthep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly ! Buying and showing off is 2 different things.

Regards

So does this mean we can't buy that Nazi clothing either? sad.png

Only if you are Thai.

Or a Nazi.

Ignorance. Thais do not even understand what a swastika is.

What ignorance - the Thai greeting, sawdee' comes from 'svasti' in Sanskrit as does the word Swastika.

They knew what a swastika symbol was a long time before you or the Nazis.

• Like 2

What ignorance - the Thai greeting, sawdee' comes from 'svasti' in Sanskrit as does the word Swastika.

But there is a difference between the swastika styling used in Buddhism often seen placed about the Lord Buddha's head. and the tilted swastika used to represent Nazism...the non inverted 45 degree angle swastika represents auspiciousness, the tilted one: hatred, death, Nazism...nothing good

Edited by Smurkster

But there is a difference between the swastika styling used in Buddhism often seen placed about the Lord Buddha's head. and the tilted swastika used to represent Nazism...the non inverted 45 degree angle swastika represents auspiciousness, the tilted one: hatred, death, Nazism...nothing good

Agree, Thais do not know what the Swastika means the way my fellow Krauts used it.

Agree, Thais do not know what the Swastika means the way my fellow Krauts used it.

So, I'm wondering did the helmet heads, deploying their hammer and sickles, drag the stall seller away too?

Edited by tifino

i don't understand the weird yes sir no yes establishment mindset that operates within TV.

Weird, isn't it? But one of the more salient functions of this forum is to provide a space within which its overwhelmingly petty bourgeois membership can assert their deeply reactionary opinions. Why are the reactionary petty bourgeoisie so over-represented in the white immigrant community? Don’t know but it’s interesting to see. Were these people so reactionary before they became immigrants or is it the pressure of group membership which causes such extraordinary uniformity of opinion (and such extreme, and extremely unpleasant, opinions at that).

I believe it has to do with the advanced age of a large percentage of the membership, and the fact that they were never part of the youth movement starting in the late '60's.

I think you'll find that the advanced age of a large percentage of the membership doesn't disqualify them from being part of the youth movement in the late 60s. Anyone who was 18 in 1965 would be 67 now.

Spelling

Edited by sustento

Why make political statements in a country where a) you cannot vote, cool.png the locals might not like you getting involved, and c) it makes you look like a total ****?

the guy an idiot,none of his damn business and deserves to be immediately deported

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Therefore a Thai student, tourist, or any other nationality for that matter should be deported for buying a "give peace a chance john lenon shirt" at or near a UK political rally?

Heck, in the States the cops will arrest you, beat the crap out of you or kill you if the don't like the way you look.

You know: disturbing the peace, resisting arrest," I thought he had a [constitutionally protected] gun", etc.

I'd prefer to deal with a criminal any day than a cop.

Last week a kid opened his house door to a cop while holding a Wii controller and was immediately shot and killed.

Sorry.