British Man found dead in South Pattaya Apartment

webfact

R.I.P

At least he died living the dream and not in some lonely UK shizhole.

Living a dream is some sleazy shizhole in Sunee Plaza, all alone and nobody knew for 3 days and then only because of the smell? You call that living the dream? Warped.

Exactly...perhaps a sad and lonely death...more so than with his family.

Perhaps indeed. It sounds as though he collapsed, so perhaps it was a quick death following a delightful day doing things he could only have dreamed of doing back in some gang ridden urban ghetto in UK (since we're busy perhaps-ing stuff I can invent things too) and he obviously chose to put distance between himself and his family.

The romantic notion that someone who dies alone must be sad and lonely is nonsense. Not everyone wants to spend his life or his death surrounded by a bunch of clowns with whom he shares some DNA. Many quite normal, rational, intelligent people prefer to spend much of their time alone or in the company of a select but limited number of people. I certainly have no desire to provide entertainment to a cabal of parasitical groupies in attendance at my death bed. In Thailand at least you are allowed your independence whereas in the west you'd probably be forced into a warehouse of the dying by your loving family.

Look at the fun all these people in their golden years are having back in farang land surrounded by other elderly jet setters and visited for 10 minutes every month or three by their loving families. Sunnee Plaza is looking better by the minute.

nursing_homes2.jpg."Anyone for shuffleboard?"

If it was quick then probably nothing would have saved him, but just had a family emergency where my mother collapsed, fortunately she had a panic alarm with and intercom fitted and she activated it, the care team monitoring the system initiated a fast response from paramedics and she was in hospital within the hour.

So hopefully one day soon such systems will be available in Thailand, probably will soon see them available first to vulnerable persons in well run condominium, another option could be an app for smart phones