Pattaya Motorbike Taxis Modified Bikes to Carry More Passengers

Rimmer

Pattaya Motorbike Taxis Modified Bikes to Carry More Passengers

270.jpg
PATTAYA-May 29, 2014 [PDN]; – at Chonburi Cooperative Baht bus office Mr Thaawat Puekboonnak-the president of the cooperative- complained to Pattaya Daily News reporters that motorcycle taxis had modified their motorbikes by adding an additional part on the side in order to carry more passengers. They have been illegally taking passengers up and down Khao Phratamnak hill and the nearby area. He sees that it’s really dangerous.

Mr Thaawat revealed that there is the safety rule that driving a car into the area of Bali Hai pier is prohibited. Also the cooperative never serve passengers in this area because they strictly obey the rule. Unsurprisingly some people had modified their motorcycles so they can carry more passenger and they have been taking passengers into Bali Hai pier.

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-05-30

If Mr Thaawat is so concerned about safety maybe he should look at his own Bhat Buses first apart from the many that are falling apart they are being dangerously overloaded.

May be he should enquire why people chose to use these bike instead of Baht Buses, I think he would be very upset to find out it is down to something as simple as "customer service".

May be he should enquire why people chose to use these bike instead of Baht Buses,

I think he would be very upset to find out it is down to something as simple as "customer service".

Read the article. Bahtbus are not authorised to work in this area.

May be he should enquire why people chose to use these bike instead of Baht Buses,

I think he would be very upset to find out it is down to something as simple as "customer service".

Read the article. Bahtbus are not authorised to work in this area.

I did...

And Bhat Buses do operate in these areas, maybe they are not allowed on the pier but they are hanging around for any business.

And we all know the Baht Bus cooperative Mafia will do anything to maintain it's near monopoly on public transport in Pattaya.

I saw one yesterday............2 fat mothers and a bunch of kids in the side-car........if I counted right..........6 passengers.

If the police catches those kind of fools......immediately impound the motorbike and sidecar and scrap it + take away the motorbike-taxi-license (if on hand).