Thai girlfriend still waiting for passport

undurraga

My girlfriend completely disappeared for about 8 months. Said that she was in Taiwan working as a cook. She also told me that when she came back to Thailand they put some kind of "not number one" stamp in her passport so she went through some process to get a new "clean" passport. She was supposed to visit me about 3 weeks ago but she said that the new passport still hasn't been delivered to her. Does any of this make sense? Can it possibly take over 2 months to issue a new passport in Thailand?

New or renewed passports in Thailand are typically received in about two weeks.

She said that the process is slower than normal because of the protests/curfew situation. Are Thai government services (like issueing passports) slowed down to a screeching halt right now?

New or renewed passports in Thailand are typically received in about two weeks.

She said that the process is slower than normal because of the protests/curfew situation. Are Thai government services (like issueing passports) slowed down to a screeching halt right now?

My wife renewed hers a month ago in CM, it was issued within two weeks, times may have changed due to current circumstances and may vary based on location, a two month wait seems improbable.

OP, if you live in Thailand and she is in Thailand, she doesn't need a passport to visit you!

She lives in Thailand. I live in Chile, South America.

OK, did you send her the money for the ticket?

How is she going to get a visa?

Is it easy for Chile?

OP, if you live in Thailand and she is in Thailand, she doesn't need a passport to visit you!

She lives in Thailand. I live in Chile, South America.

OK, did you send her the money for the ticket?

How is she going to get a visa?

Is it easy for Chile?

No, I did not send her the money for the ticket. Thai citizens do not need visa for Chile.

My daughter recently renewed her Thai passport, in Chiang Mai, it took about two weeks, or a bit less, from the day she did all the office work, until it arrived at our house, via post. She is a child and didn't have any special reason to need passport quickly. ( I just mention this because there either WAS, or were rumors, that only certain people could get a passport a few months ago?) Like, people working overseas, students studying overseas, etc. But I never did find out if that was true or not.

Hahahahahaha are you bored under the bridge?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What does bored under the bridge mean?

It means I thought / think you're a troll.. gf disappeared 8mths etc..

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app