Considering trying to live/work in Thailand, need advice on living costs/work options

neil1280

The truth is, however, the authorities aren't in a position to actually catch people working online so they have to resort to going on suspicion if and when foreigners re-enter the kingdom on any number of visas and, in doing so, end up denying entry to perfectly legitimate, law-abiding foreigners.

They should be catching people in their place of work, not pissing in the wind at the immigration counter at at time when millions are seriously considering whether or not they actually WANT to be holidaying in or living in a country ruled by a military junta.

your right it is very difficult to catch people working on line, so in reality what they are doing is actually a good way of doing it, by snagging people at the border you don't need resources to investigate people at in their place of work, you don't need to prove they are working illegally, no court cases, no deportation cases etc.

Immigration just needs to suspect your working illegal and you cant give a legitimate reason why your in country or how your supporting yourself, they can decline entry, and the beauty of the system is, they don't need to track down people and by doing it at the borders, people will eventually come to you

honestly if your think Thai immigration are a*ses, you obviously haven't travelled much, Thai immigration are light weights compared to some immigration departments

Agreed, try bucking the system with the majority of foreign immigration departments (in both third world and developed countries) and see how far you get.

Try bending the rules in China, The UK, USA, etc.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah whatever

There's nothing you can do about it so you might as well get on with whatever life you have and save your bile for something you can actually influence.

You don't seem to want to accept that breaking the laws isn't ok.

The problem (in my personal view) Mr. Toad is that while people are able to post freely about how to break the laws on this board, threads with jolly banter type replies are seen as offensive and are locked.

Maybe the current threads on dodging the law is the correct place for any moderation to be carried out.

• Like 1

People who are so much in favour of upholding the laws in thailand must file many complaints at the respective governmental organizations who dont do their job properly, or.........

Not to say that breaking any laws is a good thing to do ofcourse.

People who are so much in favour of upholding the laws in thailand must file many complaints at the respective governmental organizations who dont do their job properly, or.........

Not to say that breaking any laws is a good thing to do ofcourse.

but isn't this the point ?....Thai immigration for a long time were "not doing their jobs" and by their own admission they were being slack on enforcement of the rules, now they have decided to fully enforce the existing laws properly, we are now getting howls of protest from the farang's living here and not on the proper visa's, working illegally that Thai immigration is racist, they are discriminating, ITS JUST NOT FAIR and stamping their little feet...whistling.gif

every time someone comes on here everyone tells them not to come... it is like they think that the other 10m farangs will read it and also not come and then maybe all the other farang will die leaving them as the only remaining farang in thailand who is forced to repopulate the film and model industry. yes, we know you look in the mirror and see bruce willis because... why not?...

Yeah whatever

There's nothing you can do about it so you might as well get on with whatever life you have and save your bile for something you can actually influence.

Wow, what a great argument.

There is no doubt that if you had attended school you would have been on the school debating team.

Lately this board is starting to look more and more like the Jeremy Kyle.

For our American cousins, the Jeremy Kyle show is a little bit like the Jerry Springer show but with a lower class of trailer trash with less teeth and Burberry hats.

I’ve just realized that if you remove two letters (the H & W), ‘The Jeremy Kyle Show’ is an anagram of ‘Jeremy he lost Key’.

Is this subliminal or what?

Tis the work of the devil.

Edited by tonytigerbkk
  • Like 1

every time someone comes on here everyone tells them not to come... it is like they think that the other 10m farangs will read it and also not come and then maybe all the other farang will die leaving them as the only remaining farang in thailand who is forced to repopulate the film and model industry. yes, we know you look in the mirror and see bruce willis because... why not?...

blink.png

Say what ?

blink.png

Say what ?

Double say what?

You see Bruce Willis?

Care to share......

Yeah whatever

There is no doubt that if you had attended school you would have been on the school debating team.

For our American cousins, the Jeremy Kyle show is a little bit like the Jerry Springer show but with a lower class of trailer trash with less teeth and Burberry hats.

Ive just realized that if you remove two letters (the H & W), The Jeremy Kyle Show is an anagram of Jeremy he lost Key.

Is this subliminal or what?

Tis the work of the devil.

Thinking too much ?

in fact, many online workers are smart, savvy entrepreneurial types who are clever enough to earn money in any environment.

In Thailand ?....one suspects most them, not all, are trying to hustle a few bucks to stay in Thailand and play hide the sausage with Thai ladies or pay for their tourist visa's...

• Like 1

in fact, many online workers are smart, savvy entrepreneurial types who are clever enough to earn money in any environment.

In Thailand ?....one suspects most them, not all, are trying to hustle a few bucks to stay in Thailand and play hide the sausage with Thai ladies or pay for their tourist visa's...

Mr SP,

Sausages arnt very popular in Thailand, however hotdogs are. just sayin........ ;)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yeah whatever

I adopted that tone in response to the childish insults - low class, chavs, scum, idiots - in your earlier post.

No point discussing anything with people who become pugnacious over a difference of opinion on a relatively trivial matter.

I DON'T agree with you - that's no reason to refer to me as an idiot or to suggest that I didn't attend school

You seek to compare those working online here with the "trailer trash" who appear on the Jeremy Kyle show when, in fact, many online workers are smart, savvy entrepreneurial types who are clever enough to earn money in any environment.

Oh dear, am I hitting a little too close to home?

So which are you, are you the savvy entrepreneur that is breaking the law or are you the school shy fop?

I am not talking about online workers, I am talking about criminals who break the law and exploit the system to match their own needs.

I am not calling you names because you don't agree with me, the reason that you don't agree with me is because you are poorly educated in knowing wrong from right.

If you think that someone who cannot determine wrong from right is not an idiot then you are correct, it serves no purpose to drag idiots down to your level.

They probably even own a few websites as well whistling.gif

• Like 1

Mr SP,

Sausages arnt very popular in Thailand, however hotdogs are. just sayin........ wink.png

I agree, from what I understand some of TV's esteemed members profess to enjoy smoking meat, whether this is strictly hotdogs/mini hotdogs or includes large greasy oozing sausages I am not quite sure...rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

I agree, from what I understand some of TV's esteemed members profess to enjoy smoking meat, whether this is strictly hotdogs/mini hotdogs or includes large greasy oozing sausages I am not quite sure...rolleyes.gif

The "smokingmeat member" , that was one of the funniest I've seen. I believe he may have changed his status at this point?

Mr SP,

Sausages arnt very popular in Thailand, however hotdogs are. just sayin........ wink.png

I don't know anything about any of that. I'm a seafood eater. I particularly like clams and oysters. :)

• Like 2

Yeah whatever

Really? A lower class show than the Springer show? I cannot stand that show and its ilk!

The amounts you wrote is enough to live and go by but You will need to live frugally. Besides, your Ebay enterprise is not reliable as you said yourself.

You should ask yourself firstly, what the hell do you wanna do in Thailand? Diving? partying? Whoremongering? mountain trekking? Food tasting? Collect plastic bottles? - You need a game plan.

My crystal ball says you run out of money in your 4th month and return home with empty promise of returning to ''paradise'' one day, so you start saving like your life depends on it. Anyway, good luck in your endeavours mate.